ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse punishment lessened.

I also expect this to happen to UNC also.

1st off, Nothings going to happen until after this years Football and Basketball teams both get a crack final 4's.

Then well after they cash in on a major bowl and march madness, come down with a significant (but no title seasons touched) penalty to appease everyone else ... only 6-8 months later the NCAA will reduce the penalties down to next to nothing upon appeal.

Going to happen.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Violations weren't significant anyway.[eyeroll]

The violations involved academic misconduct, extra benefits and the university's drug testing policy

Reactions: jameslee32
Well they can't justify giving UNC insignificant penalties unless they reduced Syracuse . Bottomline in college basketball is that the NCAA doesn't care if certain schools cheat but they don't want other schools to award a game ball . Since the NCAA has been proven to be corrupted I consider our history to be free of violation . When the NCAA goes honest then we'll talk .

NCAA is slowly dying a slow death. Count it, UNC and UL will have nothing more than a slap on the wrist. The threads that continue to show up on here regarding those 2 are embarrassing, can't wait till their decision is reached also.

Well they can't justify giving UNC insignificant penalties unless they reduced Syracuse . Bottomline in college basketball is that the NCAA doesn't care if certain schools cheat but they don't want other schools to award a game ball . Since the NCAA has been proven to be corrupted I consider our history to be free of violation . When the NCAA goes honest then we'll talk .

And if you use school water to wash your car, that's extra benefits in some cases, and a violation. In the case of UNCheats you drive drug dealers rental cars, enroll in no-show faux classes, and expect the NCAA to go easy on you..I call B.S.

Reactions: Uk1111
Those 100+ plus wins that Syracuse had to forfeit, do they also come off Boeheim's win count?

Multiple offenses in a league and school that gets defended day and night by ESPN with no accountability.

Let thi$ be a le$$on to ya.

Those 100+ plus wins that Syracuse had to forfeit, do they also come off Boeheim's win count?
Yep. You know that hurts his pride more than any of the other sanctions. Makes Cal, with his paltry 42 "erased" games, a piker in comparison.....

I also expect this to happen to UNC also.

1st off, Nothings going to happen until after this years Football and Basketball teams both get a crack final 4's.

Then well after they cash in on a major bowl and march madness, come down with a significant (but no title seasons touched) penalty to appease everyone else ... only 6-8 months later the NCAA will reduce the penalties down to next to nothing upon appeal.

Going to happen.
UNC's punishment will come down heavy on women's basketball and the football program. What penalties the men's basketball team does get will later be walked back to the point it was hardly penalized at all.

You can take that to the bank or to your AFAM class because it is abundantly clear that is what is going to happen.

Meanwhile ESPN will be spinning it like they got crucified. Syracuse was the test balloon and you can bet that is the blueprint for UNC skating. Then they'll all point to Syracuse as if that somehow justifies what UNC gets.

Well so far, only Syracuse's scholly hit has been decreased.

If UNC gets treated similarly, then their history will take the major hit and Roy can go back to saying that nothing major will happen.

Jmo loss of scholarships are a significant penalty.I hope the get hit there.They probably won't even get this

The NCAA took away 101 wins from Syracuse for the use of ineligible players over approximately the same amount of time as UNC has been charged with and Syracuse's National Championship season was not included in their timeframe. They were judged under the old rule which was more lenient than the current one and their charges weren't as severe as UNC's. The NCAA also referred to past cases in their letter notifying Syracuse of their punishment. It will be difficult for them to now let UNC off without at least similar punishment and if they had ineligible players in '05 or '09 they will probably be taking down some banners.

Reactions: UK till Death
So do you think the penalties UNC will take a hit on will be part of the old rules or the current rules? IMO, it should be under current guidelines since they ducked and detoured any open requests records that were asked for.

Also, how can the university be allowed to hide transcripts when they are publically funded? It makes zero sense and they're simply doing this to hide their discretions instead of 'protecting' records of individuals.

So do you think the penalties UNC will take a hit on will be part of the old rules or the current rules? IMO, it should be under current guidelines since they ducked and detoured any open requests records that were asked for.

Also, how can the university be allowed to hide transcripts when they are publically funded? It makes zero sense and they're simply doing this to hide their discretions instead of 'protecting' records of individuals.
Since both the Syracuse and UNC cases happened around the same time period, I would expect UNC will also be judged under the old rules, but I agree they should be judged under the new rules.

UNC has used FERPA as an excuse to not release the transcripts but that wouldn't prevent the COI from reviewing them.

Syracuse was charged with using 10 ineligible players by the NCAA and they got 5 years probation, lost 3 scholarships per year for 4 years (reduced to 2 per year), 1 year postseason ban, return of NCAA tournament money, 101 vacated wins and a $500 fine for each game an ineligible player participated in. UNC likely had more ineligible players, won more games using those players and won 2 National Championships in the years in question.

NCAA is slowly dying a slow death. Count it, UNC and UL will have nothing more than a slap on the wrist. The threads that continue to show up on here regarding those 2 are embarrassing, can't wait till their decision is reached also.
Being trying to tell everybody this for months. ..all these teams are acc schools...they are like Obama to espn and ncaa...untouchable..

Reactions: oldsports_
If the NCAA was Thor, they would use a rubber hammer.

76744307.jpg

jDRpaqo.gif

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Jim is the most overrated coach of all in the longest tenured crowd. He's also, well, nasty. He's like a booger eating lopsided humanoid Bigfoot, with some sag daddy ears.

The guy needs to leave the game. One of my least favorite PEOPLE in all walks. He's a self serving hypocritical jackass.

"My wife said you better not think about taking that UK job"

Who the F said we would even be interested in you as an assistant?

ADVERTISEMENT