ADVERTISEMENT

Sypher backs out of KSR interview...

TheySoSensitive

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Man, that woman just keeps making things look worse for herself. Really, really weak move to publicly agree and then back out last second.

Her and Rick were a match made in heaven.

with Rick gone, I would have had little interest in hearing what she had to say to be honest.

Reactions: ORCAT
I have a feeling she listens pretty heavily to the show. They said she called twice on back to back days during the show to have Matt contact her. I'm sure she was listening yesterday when Matt said he didn't believe all of her story and how many people wanted to tune in. She probably just got scared off and really thought she would be able to spew her nonsense for 20 minutes.

The woman is a loon and I'm pretty happy she backed out.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Lets see here. Matt Jones interviews Katina Powell. And now he's trying to set up an interview with Karen Sypher.... Birds of a feather
I mean would you want to associate with the likes of Katina Powell & Karen Sypher?

Last edited:
with Rick gone, I would have had little interest in hearing what she had to say to be honest.

You know, I thought it was just me but I really didn't care to hear anything she has to say either. Seemed like many others were excited she was going to be on KSR but I wasn't interested at all. I mean, what was she really going to say that we didn't already know.

Lets see here. Matt Jones interviews Katina Powell. And now he's trying to set up an interview with Karen Sypher.... Birds of a feather

I don't get this train of thought. Who the hell wouldn't want to interview them if you're doing media? Karen Sypher was never even questioned at her trial, for better or worse. She has talked to nobody. You don't think there are people that would like to see what she has to say after 7 years in prison? Okay then.

And y'all know Slick Rick called her up and finally gave her that payoff.

So she calls into KSR twice to talk to Matt about coming on the show. Then she backs out the day before? $$$$

She was smart to back out. As soon as she says anything about Rick on air, his lawyer will come calling.

I have a feeling she listens pretty heavily to the show. They said she called twice on back to back days during the show to have Matt contact her. I'm sure she was listening yesterday when Matt said he didn't believe all of her story and how many people wanted to tune in. She probably just got scared off and really thought she would be able to spew her nonsense for 20 minutes.

The woman is a loon and I'm pretty happy she backed out.
Couldn't agree more. Ws going to skip the show today b/c I have exactly zero interest in anything she has to say.

Reactions: kats23
raw

Reactions: morgousky
My first thought was she started getting threats or some backlash from Louisville fans. They threatened katina Powell and still do, so why wouldn’t they threaten her?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Wow, some judgmental comments. I am sure you are all pure stellar people. I would have been very interested to hear her side of the story. But, I agree that her cancelling suggests that advisers got to her for motivations we can guess about and typically is money. I also don't believe some of you that wouldn't have wanted to know more since about every other post now is either regarding UL or RP.

Reactions: TIE543
I think she probably realized Matt was going to focus on the event ...ie. the 15 seconds...that UK fans, and in particular Matt have gotten alot of mileage out of. This is a woman that went to prison, gave up a child and married a man within arms reach of Rick Pitino. She probably wasn't ready for Dingo and the Baby on WQHG

Surprised she agreed in the first place,as some have said what she has to say and could say on air is of only mild interest to me at this point (in light of all the other stuff that is going on)

So she'll screw Pitino at a Porcinis booth in front of all his friends...... but an interview on the radio is too much? lol ... someone paid or threatened her
It is a bit early in the morning(not sure even my second cup of coffee will get me thru that visual)

HaHa, there's not one of you guys who wouldn't have clicked on the threadS that would have been started about the interview.

We heard Rick's side of the story, why not hear what she has to say? Matt said he talked to her at 7 last night and she was good to go. Talked to her at 9 and she had changed her mind. She'll probably call in one day and do the interview unannounced.

HaHa, there's not one of you guys who wouldn't have clicked on the threadS that would have been started about the interview.

sure I would have, listening to a cringe worthy interview on the radio or podcast? pass

Reactions: ymmot31
She’s a piece of work no doubt. But of all the ish that has gone down at UL, she is the only one to suffer any consequences. Not quite fair from my perspective.

Reactions: 420grover
I think she probably realized Matt was going to focus on the event ...ie. the 15 seconds...that UK fans, and in particular Matt have gotten alot of mileage out of. This is a woman that went to prison, gave up a child and married a man within arms reach of Rick Pitino. She probably wasn't ready for Dingo and the Baby on WQHG

Gave up a baby? No, I don't believe adoption was the route taken. She requested cash to legally kill it.

I don't know about ashamed but it is getting pretty juvenile and Jerry Springer to keep trying to get these types on so everybody can get some kind of fascination and giggle about it. But that's a big part of his audience.

Gave up a baby? No, I don't believe adoption was the route taken. She requested cash to legally kill it.

just meant to imply she was emotional messed up by it

Last edited:
if he has any aspirations of being a serious contender in politics, he should probably try to di

just meant to imply she was emotional messed up by it

Yea, I hear ya. But I hope she is emotionally messed up by it.

ADVERTISEMENT