ADVERTISEMENT

Successful cancer surgery! Finally home!

Ripamaru

Junior
Sep 11, 2008
Ive been posting about my battle with stage 3 rectal cancer on RR for months but it occurred to me that some here don't frequent that board so I decided to share with my fellow football cats as well.....

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...3-rectal-cancer-i-could-use-your-help.296514/

I am finally home from the hospital. It took several more days for my digestive system to restart than had been anticipated but after having the tube down my throat to clear everything out it finally got moving.

I thought I had experienced the worst pain a man could with the kidney stones but having all that air trapped and trying to force it's way out far exceeded anything Id been through. By the grace of God I made it through.

Surgeon said the margins were very good. There is one positive lymph node but he said I have a second chance. Still a long road ahead. Chemo will resume in2 weeks.

Thankfully blue Cross has been amazing. I still have some radiation bills in the tens of thousands from before the insurance changed but that's a long way from relevant right now. Things like how to replace my broken glasses without vision coverage are much more pressing (I'm legally blind without correction and my prescription is 2 years old). I plan to go cheap if I can raise the 200-300 I need to get a new set from walmart I'd be thrilled.

Thanks to you guys and my family I've managed to avoid losing my home and keep the lights on so once again I want to thank you all for everything. I am very lucky to be alive having had a tumor the size of a softball growing for over 2 years. God is great!

I love you guys!!!

IMG-1110-1.jpg

Resized-20190914-090920-1.jpg

20190914-090945-1.jpg

Ive been posting about my battle with stage 3 rectal cancer on RR for months but it occurred to me that some here don't frequent that board so I decided to share with my fellow football cats as well.....

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...3-rectal-cancer-i-could-use-your-help.296514/

I am finally home from the hospital. It took several more days for my digestive system to restart than had been anticipated but after having the tube down my throat to clear everything out it finally got moving.

CONGRATS!! Keep fighting it...

Congrats.

I thought I had experienced the worst pain a man could with the kidney stones but having all that air trapped and trying to force it's way out far exceeded anything Id been through. By the grace of God I made it through.

Surgeon said the margins were very good. There is one positive lymph node but he said I have a second chance. Still a long road ahead. Chemo will resume in2 weeks.

Thankfully blue Cross has been amazing. I still have some radiation bills in the tens of thousands from before the insurance changed but that's a long way from relevant right now. Things like how to replace my broken glasses without vision coverage are much more pressing (I'm legally blind without correction and my prescription is 2 years old). I plan to go cheap if I can raise the 200-300 I need to get a new set from walmart I'd be thrilled.

Thanks to you guys and my family I've managed to avoid losing my home and keep the lights on so once again I want to thank you all for everything. I am very lucky to be alive having had a tumor the size of a softball growing for over 2 years. God is great!

I love you guys!!!
Great news, congratulations.

Yes it is. Mass was too large to save the muscle.
That sucks. My wife had 6 inches of her colon removed and a bag for 4 months. Thankfully she had it reversed. Physically she did ok with it. Mentally was worse on her. Hang in there. It will get easier to deal with over time. My prayers are with you.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Absolute best of luck man! Over the past 4 years my wife has had 4 cancer driven operations plus chemo and she's still ticking!

Peace

No idea who you are but this is great news ! I’ll light a candle for you at mass :pray:

I've always been more of a lurker on this board compared to rr. Never missed a football game though no matter how bad we were. I'm from Allen Co. Originally (Scottsville).

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I've always been more of a lurker on this board compared to rr. Never missed a football game though no matter how bad we were. I'm from Allen Co. Originally (Scottsville).

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.
I’m from Tompkinsville and a UK alumni and would like to help with your glasses. Please keep us updated on how that is going. Praying for you!

I love you guys!!!
Praise God! I’m glad you made it home. Go Cats!

I love you guys!!!
I'm glad you're doing ok. The surgery you had must have been a pain in the ass.

Keep on keepin on bro!

I’m from Tompkinsville and a UK alumni and would like to help with your glasses. Please keep us updated on how that is going. Praying for you!

Thank you! My email is ripamaru96@gmail.com for anyone who would like to help. It will be greatly appreciated

Also can send me a DM.... Since apparently I can't start one myself without being a paid member.

Last edited:
I am from Murray and a very obvious UK fan. I'll contribute $50.00 to your glasses.

I would be incredibly grateful. These are broken at a weld point so that they fall right off my face when I look down.... Which I have to do a lot dealing with the ostomy on my abdomen.

I'm bumping this one last time because I need about $60 more to get my glasses done properly. I could guess at the strength and skip the exam but obviously would rather it be done right if possible.

I appreciate all the support and love shown by BBN (and a few of our rivals for that matter) the last several months of my ordeal. Thank you!!

I am from Murray and a very obvious UK fan. I'll contribute $50.00 to your glasses.

I got your email but when I reply it says it's undeliverable. Let me know how to get the information to you. Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT