ADVERTISEMENT

Strangest Most Anomalous Thing You Personally Witnessed

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I’ve never seen a UFO, have seen/experienced some ghostly type things, but the example I’ll cite is closer to earth.

In the Summer of 2012, I was driving near my family’s home farm, on an old state two lane, and saw a state test line from road edge to road edge. I didn’t think much of it, until I was on top of it. There is a state park nearby, and a new highway near, so I assumed the state was counting cars traveled on the old highway, for maintenance purposes.

When I crossed over it, I glanced to the left, and saw small curvatures in what I had expected to be a straight line/tube, and also the narrowing to a tail of the 20 foot (plus) black snake that had fooled me.

I watched in the rear view, as the tail disappeared of the edge of the road behind me.

I’ve tried to explain the event, by hypothesizing I saw two snakes, two snakes stuck together breeding, etc, but I was going no faster than 25 miles per hour in a high sitting pickup truck, and had a good view.

I think I saw a 22 to 25 foot long black snake, dwarfing snakes up to maybe 10 feet in length I killed with friends as a youngster.

It was no thicker than a narrow hoe handle, and really a little thicker than the average water hose.

So, any big foot/UFO spotters out there?

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Once saw a feller come out of shed out back his house where he had a hole dug for sleepin walk in on his ma and her boyfriend a doin the dirty and kilt em both with a kaiser blade. Smacked em right upside the head with it. Almost cut em clean off.

They hauled him off to the nervous hospital.

Once saw a feller come out of shed out back his house where he had a hole dug for sleepin walk in on his ma and her boyfriend a doin the dirty and kilt em both with a kaiser blade. Smacked em right upside the head with it. Almost cut em clean off.

Uuuuuuh, huuuuuuh!!

One time, not too long ago, I read a post on a forum where a guy claimed to have seen a 22 to 25 foot long black snake. And apparently he was serious.

Darndest thing I've ever seen.

Reactions: Nubb16 and Rockford
A cop in a police car pull over a guy on a bicycle and berate him publicly at a gas station. Full on screaming at the dude in the middle of the day on a major Lexington intersection.

Some folks call it a sling blade.

Reactions: -Mav-
I’ve seen old men crying at their own gravesites, and I’ve seen pigs all sitting watching picture slides.

I’ve seen old men crying at their own gravesites, and I’ve seen pigs all sitting watching picture slides.
Hmmmm I don’t want to look up what anamalos means so I’ll go with strangest .. prolly when I works at golf course saw 2 cows on the 18 th green

About the strangest thing I can think of off the top of my head was when I was at the zoo in Omaha, NE right before my enlistment was up in the Air Force. A buddy of mine flew up to help me pack up and load up the moving truck and the few days before we left to drive home I showed him around town.

Well one of those days we went to the zoo. One of the exhibits was the mandrill (monkey with the colorful butt). He had his back to us but was doing something very quickly with his arm. I got a better angle and saw that he was infact spanking the monkey. He then decided to enjoy the fruits of his labor by eating it. Of course we were young enough to find the whole scene hilarious still. I was glad I wasn't a parent with their kids there and trying to explain what was going on.

That's about the strangest thing that I can think of that just popped into my head.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Driving to Black Mountain in Harlan for TTORA Takeover in 2007, came down thru IN and thru Owensboro. I was somewhere south of Owensboro on the Natcher, with no other cars on the road with me at about 3am. I wasn't able to camp first night, so I'd left at midnight trying to get there at dawn so as to not miss the first day's ride.

Out of nowhere, headlights behind me so close I could not see them in the mirrors. Not like, a pair of headlights appeared way behind me and then closed the gap. No, instant lights, right up my ass, right out of nowhere. Initially thought it was a cop, but a cop wouldn't follow so closely and as I made distance from him, I could see they were round halogen type, so it was an older car. And I know it was a car b/c it was way lower than my truck. He quickly closed the gap Imade and that's when I started getting scared. I had no weapon, but I had my tools with me and I was literally plotting out how I was going to get to a 3' cheater pipe I had in the tool box. He just kept following me, glued to my bumper. I was terrified.

He followed me for about 5 miles, maybe, and then vanished. I bought my first ever handgun that week.

Driving to Black Mountain in Harlan for TTORA Takeover in 2007, came down thru IN and thru Owensboro. I was somewhere south of Owensboro on the Natcher, with no other cars on the road with me at about 3am. I wasn't able to camp first night, so I'd left at midnight trying to get there at dawn so as to not miss the first day's ride.

Out of nowhere, headlights behind me so close I could not see them in the mirrors. Not like, a pair of headlights appeared way behind me and then closed the gap. No, instant lights, right up my ass, right out of nowhere. Initially thought it was a cop, but a cop wouldn't follow so closely and as I made distance from him, I could see they were round halogen type, so it was an older car. And I know it was a car b/c it was way lower than my truck. He quickly closed the gap Imade and that's when I started getting scared. I had no weapon, but I had my tools with me and I was literally plotting out how I was going to get to a 3' cheater pipe I had in the tool box. He just kept following me, glued to my bumper. I was terrified.

He followed me for about 5 miles, maybe, and then vanished. I bought my first ever handgun that week.
Oh that was just Darrell Waltrip being Darrell. That rascal.

I once watched someone throw live turkeys out of a helicopter to a waiting crowd below. The angry turkeys that survived attacked the crowd. "Oh, the humanity".

turkey.png

Last edited:

My co-worker drives like that. Follows everyone super close. I am surprised he hasn't had fights. Finally rammed someone this year on icy overpass.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Back around 2000/2001 at UK I was playing ball at the old Seaton Center (I think it was still the Seaton Center) and an 18 year old kid that was on my team fell over dead. Collapsed and never drew another breath.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Driving back to Norfolk from Ky in my Navy days. I was pretty much alone on 64 somewhere between White Sulphur Springs and 81. I get a flat tire and pull off the road. Get my jack and spare out and start taking off the lug nuts. About this time the awfullest thunderstorm hits and I get back in the car to wait it out. Sit in my car for probably 20-30 minutes and no cars pass. It's pitch black and finally the storm eases up some and I open the door to finish changing the tire. The second I opened the door, the smell off wet animal almost knocks me down. Potent and strong smell. At first I am like a couple of dogs or a deer close by, then my mind starts thinking what if Sasquatch walked around my car and is just waiting for me to get out? When the mind starts wondering, there's no telling where it will take you. I changed that tire about as fast as a Nascar pit crew and got my ass out of there.

So no, I didn't actually see or hear anything, and it was probably a damn rabbit that got soaked in the storm, but holy crap was I pissing myself at the thought of a confrontation with a Bigfoot.

Last edited:
2 years ago I went out to pick my son up after returning home from a track meet. There is a very small pond in our neighborhood that is totally surrounded by trees. When I drove by it, there was a large truck with a large steel tank in the back. 3 people wearing full hazmat suits were putting something in that tank. When I got home they were gone. Kind of one of those things that was so off the wall you wonder if it happened.

15 year old me and my friend in Madisonville walked from my house to the mall. If was only about a qtr mile walk. Thin patch of woods and railroad tracks. Well we noticed a small patch of disgusting body fluids. Long story short, it was a dead body of a lady who had been killed behind the mall. We came out of the mall a couple hours later with police and coroners office had our path roped off. Well being young and dumb, we later did a little investigating. Behind the dumpster where the lady was killed, we found a pair of gloves, and a pack of Newport cigs rolled up in a Louisville Cardinals "Dream Game" Tshirt (You can't make this stuff up). We walked back to my house and i called the police department. The detective came out to my house and i will never forget the look on his face when i handed him what i found. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. Turns out, it was his sons stuff. Detective Gerald Clark knew his son had committed the murder. They later caught his son and his girlfriend in Georgia on the run.

100 % true story. Google the Carla K. Guy murder in Madisonville around 1984. His and little brother where good friends of mine and actually walked to the bus stop for school every day together. I was scared for a long time after that.

I forgot about the time I saw a body with a sheet over it on the ground in the apartment complex I lived in during high school before joining the Air Force. Supposedly the guy was abusive to his wife/girlfriend and when he was asleep, the woman poured gasoline on him and burned him alive. She then went and called the police from the convenient store next door. Luckily I didn't see the body up close. That would have made a very bad lasting impression.

15 year old me and my friend in Madisonville walked from my house to the mall. If was only about a qtr mile walk. Thin patch of woods and railroad tracks. Well we noticed a small patch of disgusting body fluids. Long story short, it was a dead body of a lady who had been killed behind the mall. We came out of the mall a couple hours later with police and coroners office had our path roped off. Well being young and dumb, we later did a little investigating. Behind the dumpster where the lady was killed, we found a pair of gloves, and a pack of Newport cigs rolled up in a Louisville Cardinals "Dream Game" Tshirt (You can't make this stuff up). We walked back to my house and i called the police department. The detective came out to my house and i will never forget the look on his face when i handed him what i found. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. Turns out, it was his sons stuff. Detective Gerald Clark knew his son had committed the murder. They later caught his son and his girlfriend in Georgia on the run.

100 % true story. Google the Carla K. Guy murder in Madisonville around 1984. His and little brother where good friends of mine and actually walked to the bus stop for school every day together. I was scared for a long time after that.
I delivered pizzas for Godfathers in HS. Came across a freshly flipped Mustang one night on that weird little hill/curve just outside town on Island Ford Rd. Passenger nearly pulled me out of my car thru the window trying to get me to help his buddy. Driver's leg was sticking out driver side window, pinned to concrete by the roof. Scary.

OH, and one night coming from Madisonville to Henderson on 41A (for some reason) during a rain storm, a massive tree had fallen across the road. We pulled over past the tree to go back and help cut it and pull it off the road. No more than we got out, 2 guys in a Dodge Colt hit the tree trunk at full speed b/c he couldn't see for all the lights of the stopped oncoming traffic. Horrible scene, but the most interesting bit was watching the battery of that Colt be spit out of the grill like a watermelon seed and slide nearly 50 yards down the centerline. It was like surreal slow motion.

Weird thing about the spot where we found the remains (bones and fluids, like a brown spot), we camped in that very spot several times. I lived off Park Ave Court. If you are from that area, you know the train tracks and the wooded area behind the mall. We camped out in that big TeePee type thing located on the Saw Mill property bunches of times. It was crazy. i was scared shitless for about 6 months after that thinking i was going to be targeted for putting a detectives son away for murder. Depending on your age, you should have known Marcus Clark, he was a pretty popular guy as a teenager. His dad was on the MPD for years.

No UFOs, no "weird" critters. Quite a few years ago I was driving back from my ex-inlaw'splace with my wife and her niece in the car on Rte 635 in Martin County. Pickup passed us going up a hill. When we topped the hill and started down the other side the pickup veered off the road on the gravel berm, went sideways and slid down to where a "strip mine" road with a guard rail turned off. The truck hit the guard rail sideways and flew over it into a "dip" and I saw it going end over end three or four times. I told my (ex) wife, "There is a truck load of dead people". So, I pulled over and stopped. But, before I could move to get down the embankment to them, three adult males and one pre teen kid crawled out of the truck through the windows. I found it somewhat ironic the first words out of anyone's mouth was, "My Daddy is going to kill me!" from the kid.

Matter of perspective I guess. Having seen much less severe accidents result in multiple fatalities I just shook my head, got back in the car and went on. I kind of wonder if his Daddy did kill him. I bet not. Maybe beat his ass within an inch of his life then hugged and cried over him because he was not dead. Not UFO'ish but I do find it odd.

I did see a silver oval object hover in the sky in the summer of 2006. It was above cloud levels and stationary. I stared at it for several minutes. It never changed its location or moved. I went inside my house to retrieve my camcorder but when I came back out it was gone. I have no idea what it was but I assumed it could have been an orbiting satellite or the mothership.

To add to my crazy true story, other murders in Madisonville, Danny Rice murdered someone. Well his brother Barry and i was very good friends. They lived in the Anton area, and we where very close and i actually spent the night at their house days before the murder. Also, I worked with Russell Winstead, the guy who killed his own aunt (Ann Branson) because he owed over 10k in gambling debts. He robbed his own aunt and killed her. They caught him years later in Costa Rica I think it was. Knew him very well, the show was featured on ID Discovery, and was on Americas Most Wanted. The show actually help catch him (AMW). Russell was a crew chief for my owners daughter's race car. We talked daily. Google the story and read it, it was really crazy ordeal.

When I was a freshman at Haggin Hall, a girl came over and “took liberties” with a miniature Louisville slugger bat and little kings bottle. Not at the same time though, that would just be weird.

Weird thing about the spot where we found the remains (bones and fluids, like a brown spot), we camped in that very spot several times. I lived off Park Ave Court. If you are from that area, you know the train tracks and the wooded area behind the mall. We camped out in that big TeePee type thing located on the Saw Mill property bunches of times. It was crazy. i was scared shitless for about 6 months after that thinking i was going to be targeted for putting a detectives son away for murder. Depending on your age, you should have known Marcus Clark, he was a pretty popular guy as a teenager. His dad was on the MPD for years.
Name doesn't ring any bells, but I know that area. There was a kid from North who was hit by a train behind the mall sometime in the late 80s/early 90's.

To add to my crazy true story, other murders in Madisonville, Danny Rice murdered someone. Well his brother Barry and i was very good friends. They lived in the Anton area, and we where very close and i actually spent the night at their house days before the murder. Also, I worked with Russell Winstead, the guy who killed his own aunt (Ann Branson) because he owed over 10k in gambling debts. He robbed his own aunt and killed her. They caught him years later in Costa Rica I think it was. Knew him very well, the show was featured on ID Discovery, and was on Americas Most Wanted. The show actually help catch him (AMW). Russell was a crew chief for my owners daughter's race car. We talked daily. Google the story and read it, it was really crazy ordeal.
... Deborah? I know her. Many parties at her parents house.

I was in Texas once and it started t rain. Rained so hard it backed up 4' on a barbed wire fence. Another timeRained so hard the dog had to stand up on his hind legs to drink outta the mud puddle.

The strangest thing that ever happened to me involved my neighbor from my childhood. The house next to us was an elderly couple that had children but never got grandchildren. They were both nice but Jim was like having another kid next door except he could drive and often chased down the ice cream truck for me. When I was 6 Jim suffered a heart attack in his sleep and passed away. I think it was the first funeral I had ever attended and it was awful. Fast forward a couple of weeks and my mother took me to town for routine shopping and bill paying. I vividy remember walking down the sidewalk with my mother holding my hand and looking up to see Jim walking towards me. I shook off my Mom's hand and ran up to hug him. I was talking about missing him and everything that had been happening but he just stared at me. Finally my mother caught up and pulled me back. That was when I learned that Jim had an identical twin brother and that they lived in the same county but hadn't spoken to each other in years over some disagreement.

I have seen boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. I've been around, you know? But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit; there is no prosthetic for that.

ADVERTISEMENT