ADVERTISEMENT

Strange Lexington

There was Tony’s Arcade and a Sir Pizza is still over there in Crossroads. Not sure if that is what you are referring to.

It wasn't Sir Pizza or Tony's. If you faced South Park Cinemas, it was to the right in that walkway that allowed access to the Nicholasville Rd-facing stores. There were several shops back in through there. This place I'm remembering was probably more of a pizza place that had a few video games inside

It wasn't Sir Pizza or Tony's. If you faced South Park Cinemas, it was to the right in that walkway that allowed access to the Nicholasville Rd-facing stores. There were several shops back in through there. This place I'm remembering was probably more of a pizza place that had a few video games inside
Yeah, I just remember a hair salon there.

It’s my wife’s favorite so we basically go quarterly and it’s always packed, even when they open at 5.

Just a thread to celebrate some weird parts of Lexington.

Can't go a few days without passing by the "Tiny Pool" house on Lane Allen, so eloquently and obessively detailed in this thread from days past. https://scout.com/college/kentucky/Board/103995/Contents/The-Little-Pool-I-am-SO-Excited-53944372

DSC06019.jpg
Man, it's a sad day for the internet. The little pool thread is gone.

This thread makes me extremely happy as a lifelong Lexingtonian.

So far it seens like its almost all south side shit. Which is where I grew up, so I can relate to all of it so far.

North side is like a whole other foreign entity. Theres gotta be some old timer on here who knows the ins and outs of the north side who has some random ideas to post in here.

Like that Dixie cup photo on page 1. Where the **** is there a giant dixie cup in this city? Is it over in Eastland by Dixie? [laughing]

Also, props 2 yrs after the fact to the guy who mentioned Mr Goodcents. My first day working there was freshman year at UK 9/11/2001. Yep. Talk about a ****ing wild ass first day on a job. We did nothing but eat free food and watch TV. Left 2 hrs into shift and got ripped and drank copiously.

This thread makes me extremely happy as a lifelong Lexingtonian.

So far it seens like its almost all south side shit. Which is where I grew up, so I can relate to all of it so far.

North side is like a whole other foreign entity. Theres gotta be some old timer on here who knows the ins and outs of the north side who has some random ideas to post in here.

Like that Dixie cup photo on page 1. Where the **** is there a giant dixie cup in this city? Is it over in Eastland by Dixie? [laughing]

Also, props 2 yrs after the fact to the guy who mentioned Mr Goodcents. My first day working there was freshman year at UK 9/11/2001. Yep. Talk about a ****ing wild ass first day on a job. We did nothing but eat free food and watch TV. Left 2 hrs into shift and got ripped and drank copiously.
Leestown Road

Reactions: CB3UK
Northside Lexington is actually friendlier than the south side. Leestown Kroger is pretty chill. Even the Aldi by LexMark/ChinaPrinterMan everyone is nice. Russell Cave is touch and go. Winburn is a fat no no.

Hell the old BG Aspendale projects got razed and replaced by a shrub or something.

Here's strange for you, albeit in Bourbon County. This property on Bethlehem Rd in Paris has a very 60's/70's vibe to it, a la the Brady Bunch house. Very outdated in so many ways, but retro cool as well. Basement has a bowling lane and a sauna. Property has a grass runway for a private plane and a hangar out back for said plane. The place was for sale for at least 2 years, went to auction, and I think the selling price ended up being about 60% of the original asking price.

Here's strange for you, albeit in Bourbon County. This property on Bethlehem Rd in Paris has a very 60's/70's vibe to it, a la the Brady Bunch house. Very outdated in so many ways, but retro cool as well. Basement has a bowling lane and a sauna. Property has a grass runway for a private plane and a hangar out back for said plane. The place was for sale for at least 2 years, went to auction, and I think the selling price ended up being about 60% of the original asking price.

Should have put a few greens off to the side at each end of runway & use landing strip as their fairway.

How is Hartland an island?
I think it’s the neighborhood known as “The Island”. From Alumni to LAkeshore (HCHS), you have to go through it. I think the major streets are Edgewater and Island Drives. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Totally separate from HArtland. Security gates and such.

Last edited:
I think it’s the neighborhood known as “The Island”. From Alumni to LAkeshore (HCHS), you have to go through it. Totally separate from HArtland. Security gates and such.
I know where youre talking about. Thats at the reservoir, that's not really close to Hartland though.

I've discovered a new tiny pool down the street from my house. I run by it nearly every day and never knew there was a pool there until it went up for sale.

The only picture of it is a security camera picture, presumably because it hasn't been used in years but it doesn't look that weird. Maybe the angle and poor quality camera make it look small.

fIIJlmg.png

Then you see the next picture and realize the entire pool is underneath this wood cover that looks to be no more than 10x6.

6wBO3v0.png

• Haha
Reactions: gobigbluebell
The size of that pool is hilarious. It’s so hilarious the owners thought it might hurt the sale, so they threw a piece of scrap wood over it like it was a pothole.

I've discovered a new tiny pool down the street from my house. I run by it nearly every day and never knew there was a pool there until it went up for sale.

The only picture of it is a security camera picture, presumably because it hasn't been used in years but it doesn't look that weird. Maybe the angle and poor quality camera make it look small.

fIIJlmg.png

Then you see the next picture and realize the entire pool is underneath this wood cover that looks to be no more than 10x6.

6wBO3v0.png

More like an oversized hot tub.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT