ADVERTISEMENT

Story on the ESPN front page

Apr 2, 2009
Kentucky
Duke and UNC lead the title hunt, and other futures to like (like Buffalo)

This must be a game with them. The linked story is ESPN+ or paid page whatever they call them. The only thing I can figure is that it is a way to try to get BBN members to subscribe.

Makes my blue blood boil, though.

Duke and UNC lead the title hunt, and other futures to like (like Buffalo)

This must be a game with them. The linked story is ESPN+ or paid page whatever they call them. The only thing I can figure is that it is a way to try to get BBN members to subscribe.

Makes my blue blood boil, though.
F*** ESPN.

Switch teams and this board would agree that that team would be favorites - when Cam Reddish is your 3rd best player, what coach couldn't make it to the F4?

The problem for Duke is that Coach K - imo - is about 10 years past his prime. Look at all the talent that's gone to waste the past couple of years. So yeah, Duke is the most talented (again), but I don't expect that will be enough.

Reactions: the stat man
So even though Kentucky is 6/1, and both Gonzaga and Kansas have BETTER odds after that they throw in UNC in the headline.

But no. There’s no ACC bias at ESPN.

None at all.
:rolleyes:

And make no mistake. That was purposefully done on the night of Big Blue Madness. It’s ok. This team loves billboard material.

So even though Kentucky is 6/1, and both Gonzaga and Kansas have BETTER odds after that they throw in UNC in the headline.

But no. There’s no ACC bias at ESPN.

None at all.
:rolleyes:

And make no mistake. That was purposefully done on the night of Big Blue Madness. It’s ok. This team loves billboard material.
What are you talking about, yes there is...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Switch teams and this board would agree that that team would be favorites - when Cam Reddish is your 3rd best player, what coach couldn't make it to the F4?

The problem for Duke is that Coach K - imo - is about 10 years past his prime. Look at all the talent that's gone to waste the past couple of years. So yeah, Duke is the most talented (again), but I don't expect that will be enough.

I think Cal could get more out of that roster than K will. But most of us around here are pretty happy about the balance of our team. We like our chances and aren’t really looking to trade. I’m sure you’ll have some fun this year though.

Wrong . When you only have 4 SF , 1 pg and one very average center ( 4 of who are freshmen ) and zero depth you will have a hell of a time making the final 4. Now being a top 15 is easy with that sure but this team is built really poorly this season . IN fact the last 2 Duke teams had a much better build to win a title. Just because they have 3 top 10 picks doesn't mean they are a top 5 team. They have almost nothing but that. Also it hurts them that all 3 are sf , or should I say 2 are sf and one is a center who thinks he is sf.

Not even close.

Not even %@#&ing close.

Duke had the best roster a year or two back.

But when you see UK and KU's mixes of talent and experience, then you look at that shallow Duke roster that is completely stacked at one spot, they're not in the same universe.

Nobody has more experience with young guys than Cal does, and look how long it took '14 to gel. And that team actually had balance across the positions.

This UK roster might be the best thing in CBB since '15 UK, and I'm loath to admit it, but the KU roster is right there with them (I can give credit where it's due).

I don't have any special hate for Duke (unlike much of this board), but your assessment is tremendously inaccurate.

And if Duke is 1b tier, UNC is tier 2.

I don't buy into ESPN conspiracy mongering, but this is just silly ACC fluffing.

I think Cal could get more out of that roster than K will. But most of us around here are pretty happy about the balance of our team. We like our chances and aren’t really looking to trade. I’m sure you’ll have some fun this year though.
I would never trade rosters with Duke, because I want to roll with the players who chose UK.

However, some years I'm tempted.

But if I woke up tomorrow and our 18-19 rosters were swapped, I'd feel nauseated and have trouble focusing for the rest of the week knowing how significant of a drop-off we'd just suffered (and how much more likely Duke was to win the title with our roster).

We wouldn't be out of the hunt, but it would still be an awful trade.

Thankfully, we still have this mega-roster and Duke can go be redundant and lose in round 3.

He won the title in 2015, so maybe not 10 years.

Duke has no proven point guard and the one they have is a solid 4 year point guard, but not a guy who is going to lead a title contender. Kentucky has more depth. I don't expect Kentucky to lose their first game until my Jayhawks take you down in January.

This. I wouldn't trade rosters with them or anyone else for that matter. We have the most complete roster in the country IMO.

He won the title in 2015, so maybe not 10 years.

Duke has no proven point guard and the one they have is a solid 4 year point guard, but not a guy who is going to lead a title contender. Kentucky has more depth. I don't expect Kentucky to lose their first game until my Jayhawks take you down in January.
Lol there's several coaches that could've won it all with that team and that draw. Easiest path the a national title in a long, long time.

Well at the very least, do they get credit for figuring out how to beat wisconsin?
Haha this is the duke fan's point of attack every single time. You mean that fatigued Wisconsin team that just knocked out undefeated UK two nights prior, while duke was rested up by beating a slew of cupcakes and an outmatched MSU? All the while duke getting the same treatment from the zebras that Wisconsin received against UK?! Total **** job from the time the brackets came out. I mean if you wanna celebrate a pre determined title by duke, then by all means, have at it.

Thanks. Reasoning for them - I am a keyboard player and often requested to play the Boogie Woogie. plus I have long hair and a lot of hair on my face and am ugly like a wookie.
Quit worrying about that Network. They rendered themselves irrelevant when they became political 8-10 years ago.

Any network that would allow Jemele Hill to spew her racial hatred for years can’t be taken seriously.

John Higgins was on the whistle so we should've known the fix was in. I still can't believe the NCAA wouldn't want UK-Duke in the title game with UK being unbeaten. Talk about ratings.....

ADVERTISEMENT