ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops to Auburn Speculation is EVERYWHERE now!

Bahahahah. Yall are insane If you think anyone like auburn would do us that favor

Hell, they'd be better off targeting the coach who just beat us by 40 in about 17.5% of the time it took Stoops to "build"

But God bless how funny would the meltdowns be the first time auburn players are looking at the sideline on 4th and 2 and the other team just snaps the ball for the easiest conversion of all time? Or the first time they see a "built" program not be able to kick an extra point?

Bahahahah. Yall are insane If you think anyone like auburn would do us that favor

Hell, they'd be better off targeting the coach who just beat us by 40 in about 17.5% of the time it took Stoops to "build"

But God bless how funny would the meltdowns be the first time auburn players are looking at the sideline on 4th and 2 and the other team just snaps the ball for the easiest conversion of all time? Or the first time they see a "built" program not be able to kick an extra point?

...or have 2, not 1 but 2, wide open receivers in Gainesville for 6...pitiful

Chip Kelly

Matt Rhule

UT OC

Prime

Stoops wont get 7-8 years to build a Gator bowl program anywhere else and he knows it. Though his methodical approach finally started working here no other fan base, athletic department or booster group has the patience for it.

Run, clock work, field position, put your defense in a position to have to win the game really isn’t going to work anymore…especially in the sec west…

The west is really a different ball game from the rest of CFB…the class of coach and athlete is just different…

Auburn is desperately stupid but do you think they are that stupid?
It appears Auburn is going all-in on Kiffin, and if he doesn't want it then Prime Time. It appears Sankey may block any attempts for an SEC school to hire Freeze, which if true is an indication Lord Palpatine has too much power.

Reactions: panthergram
Let me tell you something right now. Even as an Iowa fan we know all about the Stoops family obviously and many of us follow the Stoops' closely.

Mark Stoops is NOT going to Auburn because that's a culture down there he is NOT a fit for and MARK knows that! A reason Mark is at Kentucky and has excelled there is because the program he's built there is much like the program at Iowa. It's built on hard blue collar work ethic values, and an amazing supportive fan base. Auburn is about glitz and bells and whistles, and they have a fan base that's just beyond insane.

If Mark Stoops wants to leave Kentucky anytime in the future, he'll have his opportunities at schools that are FAR BETTER fits for him than Auburn is. Hell, the Iowa job will be open eventually as an example-- a far better fit than Auburn.

So use your logic here for those about to jump off the cliff-- Mark Stoops is NOT headed to Auburn-- EVEN IF he's on their short list.
It beats the hell out of me why any Kentucky fan could possibly think Stoops would have an interest in the Auburn job. I can understand why Auburn would be interested in Stoops though, after Malzahn and Harsin. Auburn is a place where every fan and booster believes their school can just throw a wad of money at any coach they want. They cheat, and they are nuts. Stoops would have to overdose on his whiskey to give this any serious thought.

It also beats the hell out of me why Kentucky fans on this board do not appreciate, or have already forgotten, what Stoops has done for our football program. Very sad. If he did go, some of you would look silly before very long.

I do not believe Kiffin will go there either. Kiffin will not stay at Ole Miss long, but he can and will do better than Auburn.

Last time, Harsin was the best they could do. They are in a pickle. Auburn is a basketball school now. LOL!

It appears Auburn is going all-in on Kiffin, and if he doesn't want it then Prime Time. It appears Sankey may block any attempts for an SEC school to hire Freeze, which if true is an indication Lord Palpatine has too much power.
It's my guess they elevated Williams to interim to pave the way for Sanders...you know to soften Auburn up for a black coach. That's just my opinion.

If I were the AD at Auburn, I would go after the coach at Cincinnati. He is driven and hungry and with AU’s resources and facilities, could do considerably well there…

Reactions: kywildcat41086
If I were the AD at Auburn, I would go after the coach at Cincinnati. He is driven and hungry and with AU’s resources and facilities, could do considerably well there.
After the Harsin fubar, I doubt Auburn will pursue a coach with no SEC experience or conbections. Fickell has not coached outside the state of Ohio, to my knowledge, having been at Akron and tOSU prior to Cincy.

If I were the AD at Auburn, I would go after the coach at Cincinnati. He is driven and hungry and with AU’s resources and facilities, could do considerably well there.
After the Harsin fubar, I doubt Auburn will pursue a coach with no SEC experience or conbections. Fickell has not coached outside the state of Ohio, to my knowledge, having been at Akron and tOSU prior to Cincy.

It beats the hell out of me why any Kentucky fan could possibly think Stoops would have an interest in the Auburn job. I can understand why Auburn would be interested in Stoops though, after Malzahn and Harsin. Auburn is a place where every fan and booster believes their school can just throw a wad of money at any coach they want. They cheat, and they are nuts. Stoops would have to overdose on his whiskey to give this any serious thought.

It also beats the hell out of me why Kentucky fans on this board do not appreciate, or have already forgotten, what Stoops has done for our football program. Very sad. If he did go, some of you would look silly before very long.

I do not believe Kiffin will go there either. Kiffin will not stay at Ole Miss long, but he can and will do better than Auburn.

Last time, Harsin was the best they could do. They are in a pickle. Auburn is a basketball school now. LOL!
I couldn't agree with you more on all counts here.

As I have said here before, if UK fans want to ditch Mark Stoops I know of MANY people at his alma mater that would take him with open arms.

And I agree......people here that are believing Stoops would actually entertain leaving for Auburn simply don't really know much about Stoops and have never paid attention.

Kiffin played his hand already by touting Deion for the Auburn job-- there was reasons he did that but they all add up to the fact he does not have a personal interest in leaving Ol' Miss for Auburn. I agree Kiffin will leave Oxford at some point but it certainly won't be for the Auburn job.

Does everyone still think Auburn wants the coach that just let Vanderbilt end that long horrendous non SEC winning streak? I really do appreciate Stoops getting us to this point but he has hit his ceiling! It’s time for someone else to come in and take us to the next level!

Reactions: billoliver40
The thing is, he might not plan on leaving until UK comes calling. It’s not like he is gonna quit and then see who offers.
Fickell has zero interest in Kentucky. He already a P5 job and millions of dollars starting in 2023 at Cincinnati.

Stoops has lifted program higher than anyone could imagine years ago. To contending for the SEC East this year.
If he decides to stay at UK ( fingers crossed) the future will be exciting despite this tough tough loss.

Exactly. He passed over interviewing for jobs like Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, LSU and other similar jobs.

Sorry.... I just skipped to here.

I think Stoops took himself out of contention for any high profile jobs with this performance.

O apologize if this has been repeatedly said....... I refuse to wade through any additional misery today.

I'm out.

• Haha
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Stoops has lifted program higher than anyone could imagine years ago. To contending for the SEC East this year.
If he decides to stay at UK ( fingers crossed) the future will be exciting despite this tough tough loss.
When we were contending for the East thing year?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Bet the house he doesn’t go to Auburn. The better bet is that Barnhart gives him a raise/extension..

I want what you’re smoking

Reactions: blackcat714
ADVERTISEMENT