ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops to Auburn Speculation is EVERYWHERE now!

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
All sites discussing the Auburn job list him: most sites have him Top 2.

He is being mentioned repeatedly.

ESPN Has Named 2 Frontrunners For The Auburn Job | The Spun: What's Trending In The Sports World Today

“"I think the two SEC coaches that would be high on Auburn’s court list would be Lane Kiffin and Mark Stoops. I think there’s a distinct difference between the Auburn and the Ole Miss job," Thamel said Monday, via 247Sports.”

dknation.draftkings.com

Top candidates for Auburn head coaching job

dknation.draftkings.com
dknation.draftkings.com

“If Auburn wants to establish some consistency and stability, why not just poach one of the most successful current coaches in the SEC?”

www.aseaofblue.com

Tuesday Headlines: Mark Stoops an option for Auburn?

www.aseaofblue.com
www.aseaofblue.com

“The reported interest from these programs hasn’t come by accident, as Stoops has become one of the better coaches in the country and his Wildcats are mostly a regular inside the Associated Press Top-25.”

[URL

unfurl="true"]https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...ial-replacement-auburn-football-bryan-harsin/[/URL]

Here’s the case Feldman makes for Mark Stoops at Auburn:

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops knows how to win in the SEC. In the previous four seasons, he had two 10-win years, and at Kentucky, that’s a remarkable feat. The Wildcats had only one 10-win season in the previous 65 years.
Auburn coaching candidates: Lane Kiffin, Mark Stoops lead ESPN's discussion as Matt Rhule, Hugh Freeze follow

• Wow
Reactions: JasonRDunn
Seems as Stoops brand would not be that hot right now after dropping 3 of the last 4 games. UK has exactly 1 win in what will nearly be six weeks when this Sat rolls around. Since 9/25 UK has 1 win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat06 and EliteBlue
UK has exactly 1 win in the last 5 weeks.
All articles mention “two ten win seasons” the last 4, “ and it had been 41 years since that last happened.”

HH, the rest of the SEC is well conditioned (the whole lives of several AD’s and Coaches) to seeing UK at 3-9.

If we go 8-4 and win a bowl, that will still be our 5th best season in 69 years.

Personally I don’t know why anyone would want to coach at auburn. They treat their coaches like trash.
How much is the buyout they are paying a failure? How much is Stoops buyout and who would pay it? I think I already know.

They could treat me pretty harshly, to then pay me 30 million to get lost.
They could send me to Siberia for that kind of money. I'm sure I could find someone to bribe. And besides that their AD likes and supports football. How does our 61,000 seat stadium compare to their stadium? I watched us lose one game there, I thought the eagle circling the stadium before the game was awesome.

They could treat me pretty harshly, to then pay me 30 million to get lost.
Amen. No way this is a good match . Auburn expects to win ten plus games every year . Stoops is a long term builder . They want excitement. He is a run the ball conservative offense . He would b gone with a thirty Million buyout within two years .

Amen. No way this is a good match . Auburn expects to win ten plus games every year . Stoops is a long term builder . They want excitement. He is a run the ball conservative offense . He would b gone with a thirty Million buyout within two years .
Shhhh. He might read this. And then in a couple of years he can come back and pay mitch a few million to get his old job back. That is if mitch promises him football will be supported like BB. Or even the Director's Cup sports.

Last edited:

ESPN Has Named 2 Frontrunners For The Auburn Job | The Spun: What's Trending In The Sports World Today

“"I think the two SEC coaches that would be high on Auburn’s court list would be Lane Kiffin and Mark Stoops. I think there’s a distinct difference between the Auburn and the Ole Miss job," Thamel said Monday, via 247Sports.”

dknation.draftkings.com

dknation.draftkings.com
dknation.draftkings.com

“If Auburn wants to establish some consistency and stability, why not just poach one of the most successful current coaches in the SEC?”

www.aseaofblue.com

www.aseaofblue.com
www.aseaofblue.com

“The reported interest from these programs hasn’t come by accident, as Stoops has become one of the better coaches in the country and his Wildcats are mostly a regular inside the Associated Press Top-25.”

[URL

unfurl="true"]https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...ial-replacement-auburn-football-bryan-harsin/[/URL]

Auburn coaching candidates: Lane Kiffin, Mark Stoops lead ESPN's discussion as Matt Rhule, Hugh Freeze follow
meh.

dknation.draftkings.com

dknation.draftkings.com
dknation.draftkings.com

www.aseaofblue.com

www.aseaofblue.com
www.aseaofblue.com

[URL

I like Stoops and everything he has done at UK but there is no way in hell Auburn is hiring Stoops. They cannot afford another strike out. They will be shooting for the stars this time. I could see Kiffin or Matt Rhule.

Stoops and Auburn seem like a bad match. Stoops is a no-nonsense guy that I can't see would want to deal with constant meddling in his program and Auburn should be looking for someone to breathe instant energy into the program with a high octane offense. Kiffin or Freeze.

CMS, as a defense first kind of coach that would prefer to grind it out on the ground on offense, doesn’t seem like a good fit for Auburn. I think their fans would be disgruntled half way through the first season watching that kind of football while others in the conference are lighting up the scoreboard.

dknation.draftkings.com

dknation.draftkings.com
dknation.draftkings.com

www.aseaofblue.com

www.aseaofblue.com
www.aseaofblue.com

[URL

Let me tell you something right now. Even as an Iowa fan we know all about the Stoops family obviously and many of us follow the Stoops' closely.

Mark Stoops is NOT going to Auburn because that's a culture down there he is NOT a fit for and MARK knows that! A reason Mark is at Kentucky and has excelled there is because the program he's built there is much like the program at Iowa. It's built on hard blue collar work ethic values, and an amazing supportive fan base. Auburn is about glitz and bells and whistles, and they have a fan base that's just beyond insane.

If Mark Stoops wants to leave Kentucky anytime in the future, he'll have his opportunities at schools that are FAR BETTER fits for him than Auburn is. Hell, the Iowa job will be open eventually as an example-- a far better fit than Auburn.

So use your logic here for those about to jump off the cliff-- Mark Stoops is NOT headed to Auburn-- EVEN IF he's on their short list.

Stoops and Auburn seem like a bad match. Stoops is a no-nonsense guy that I can't see would want to deal with constant meddling in his program and Auburn should be looking for someone to breathe instant energy into the program with a high octane offense. Kiffin or Freeze.
Exactly. See what I just wrote about Stoops and Auburn. Mark Stoops is as much a fit at Auburn as Deion would be at Iowa.

If Stoops does leave, would Barney go for Matt Rhule? He was great in college, and floundered in the NFL.

Hack, there are also multiple sites that don't list him at all, let alone Top 2. Sports Illustrated, CBS, Athlon, etc. He could be omitted because it's perceived that he doesn't want the job or that Auburn has more desirable options or both.

Just out of curiosity, why are you so eager to move him along? Two threads about it?

Last edited:
Why would Stoops leave? He’s got the best job in America. Top 15 money without Top 15 expectations.

If Auburn or Nebraska or whoever hires Stoops they’re going to expect results. Big wins. Championship level football.

Stoops isn’t that guy.

It’s his agent. Probably the best agent for coaches in the business.

Jimmy Sexton angling for another raise. Like you said, he's the best.

Stoops isn't going to Auburn. Maybe they can do better but they can surely do alot worse.

If Mitch doesn't get on board with nil, he might take a job he otherwise wouldn't just to get away from the nonsense restrictions

I'm sure Kiffin is the first offer.

Stoops agent will get him another 100k for winning 7 games out of this.

If I were UK’s AD I’d thank Mark for his time here, what’s he’s done but encourage to explore whatever options are out there for him.

Then I’d call Lane Kiffin and offer to make him the highest paid coach in the country with total control over every aspect of the football program.

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
If I were UK’s AD I’d thank Mark for his time here, what’s he’s done but encourage to explore whatever options are out there for him.

Then I’d call Lane Kiffin and offer to make him the highest paid coach in the country with total control over every aspect of the football program.

Mitch would never hire Kiffin.

Kiffin would never come to UK either. Money isn't everything when you already make bank.

Mitch would never hire Kiffin.

Kiffin would never come to UK either. Money isn't everything when you already make bank.

oh I know I’m just speaking of what I would do and I’m a shoot for the stars, dream big hit big, dream small make small kind of person.

oh I know I’m just speaking of what I would do and I’m a shoot for the stars, dream big hit big, dream small make small kind of person.
In that case, you should want Lincoln Riley instead of Kiffin. Or, even Saban.

I don't think any school can lure Kiffin without a robust NIL program as that is the main reason people think he will leave Oxford.

All articles mention “two ten win seasons” the last 4, “ and it had been 41 years since that last happened.”

HH, the rest of the SEC is well conditioned (the whole lives of several AD’s and Coaches) to seeing UK at 3-9.

If we go 8-4 and win a bowl, that will still be our 5th best season in 69 years.
Thanks, The- Hack it seems positive facts are not wanted on message boards.

ADVERTISEMENT