ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops on KSR

One of the best interviews I have heard in a long time. Lots of info if you read between the lines. Even when his time was up and Matt offered an out, he said he had more time and kept talking. Cal could learn a thing or two from this.
Who/whom do we think is the "Homerun" Player Coach hinted about?? Honestly I got no clue.
Only thing I got from Coach's revelation is the "player" is fast, and on the offensive side of the ball.

I thought Clemson had backed off...are they back in pursuit?
Thought so too. Checked Clemson's signees, they signed 2 RBs. Don't know where UK's competition's coming from unless they got reinvolved or he's looking at Auburn again. Just hope this doesn't drag on into Feb, don't think that would be good for UK.

Reactions: Girthang
Stoops is such a great fit here. I really hope that his next ten years is even better than the last ten because he is really good at this job. He just seems to get it, he gets our fanbase, and he is willing to adapt to changing times.

Really hope that we knock it out of the park next year.

Stoops is such a great fit here. I really hope that his next ten years is even better than the last ten because he is really good at this job. He just seems to get it, he gets our fanbase, and he is willing to adapt to changing times.

Really hope that we knock it out of the park next year.
Agree completely

If he can keep a decent OC..he’ll be fine. Good solid coach, not an ass of a human being, he sets a good culture, recruits solid, etc

I enjoy Stoops and pitino years as much as any coaches ever at UK

So Stoops says he gets Leary but still has full confidence in the current QB room? Does that send any mixed messages to Sheron and Destin?

His comment about Cox allowing Horsey to play back inside seems to confirms Horsey is returning which I think would be yuge

Stoops jumped the gun, though, and may have stepped on some toes in doing so. Horsey wasn't happy that it was implied he would be back. KH doesn't know for sure yet.

So Stoops says he gets Leary but still has full confidence in the current QB room? Does that send any mixed messages to Sheron and Destin?
The clear message is that we will not be shopping for a portal starter for 2024, but will utilize one or both of Sheron and Wade for 2024.

The clear message is that we will not be shopping for a portal starter for 2024, but will utilize one or both of Sheron and Wade for 2024.
Or a top 2024 recruit. Look at how the return of Coen attracted Leary, the #1 portal qb. No reason this program after the bowl game shouldn't start talking to all 5* QBs in the upcoming class. Sell the ability to compete for the 2024 starting job & learn the McVey Shanahan system for 3 yrs.

Oh and if you cheapskates could start throwing a few bucks to the 15 Collective That'd help a little also.

Or a top 2024 recruit. Look at how the return of Coen attracted Leary, the #1 portal qb. No reason this program after the bowl game shouldn't start talking to all 5* QBs in the upcoming class. Sell the ability to compete for the 2024 starting job & learn the McVey Shanahan system for 3 yrs.

Oh and if you cheapskates could start throwing a few bucks to the 15 Collective That'd help a little also.
Are we even allowed to give to a collective? I heard Barnhart and JMI were holding us back.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Hey look everybody, someone created an account today to spam in defense of UK/JMI handling (or handcuffing) on NIL. Shame y'all didn't get the 23rd off as holiday pay!

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Counting down, five . . . four . . . three . . . .
Give it a rest. It's not lack of $15 that people don't want to donate. It's the whole nil fiasco as a while that people like me dont agree with. Nil is a joke and being abused and misused. I will donate to pay for players

Nope

Bust your ass, try & beat him out, if not win the backup job & be in prime position to be 2024 starting qb
He said it puts no pressure on the young guys to think they have to do it now. I think we saw that with Wohlabaugh. He struggled and then I think the pressure got into his head. I am glad David is still with the team. It is clear that he has the potential. He needs to be stronger and develop more. But, that does not mean he won’t get there.

• Love
Reactions: JHB4UK and The-Hack
Good post. This last part is bait for the old, “I’ll never pay these spoiled athletes a nickel, whilst my family is starving in Versailles,” responses.
I get it. But, prior to NIL, some people said “why don’t you support the program with … buying season tix, buying bowl tix, contributing to the K fund, etc.?” And, others have pushed back and declared their fandom without doing those things. People with different views being fans.

People with different views being fans.
And that’s our freedom.

Frankly, given the largess of the TV contracts, and other streams of income, I’ll feel a little better giving to a player or players.

Are they spoiled?

Maybe not as much as the salaried elders surrounding them.

Because of the persistent double-digit growth of revenue, it seems all salaried staff positions have benefited.,

They really want the kid from LCA as a QB in 2025, so they may still take a one and done again next year. Not sure they want an entrenched underclassman appear to be blocking the way of the superstar 4-star local QB?

Curious how you know Horsey wasn’t happy? Did he tweet something?

Yes, he tweeted something.

I shouldn't have said he definitely was "unhappy" if i did, but he did emphasize that HE didn't say he was coming back yet. That's why I said "may have stepped on some toes."

I didnt think I said he was unhappy. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: point1zerorock
Yes, he tweeted something.

I shouldn't have said he definitely was "unhappy" if i did, but he did emphasize that HE didn't say he was coming back yet. That's why I said "may have stepped on some toes."

I didnt think I said he was unhappy. Thanks for pointing that out.
Doesn’t sound like something he shouldn’t get over. Would be good to have him back next season.

Reactions: Girthang
Why MCB is going to be very interesting just from qb standpoint. Maggard is saying DW will be the starter.

Reactions: The-Hack
They really want the kid from LCA as a QB in 2025, so they may still take a one and done again next year. Not sure they want an entrenched underclassman appear to be blocking the way of the superstar 4-star local QB?
With Brohm now at u6, this will be a huge battle for UK unless he's already blue, but this kid is supposedly going to be a national recruit...FYI, both his qb coaches at LCA Chris Redman and Hunter Cantwell are both exU6 qbs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT