ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops coaching this year like he’s got one foot out the door

This has been a super weird performance. It hasn't looked like they are trying to win. It's been like that all year

Reactions: Fox2monk
I won't lose any sleep if he moves on but I'm afraid we're stuck with him. 10 wins definitely seems to be his ceiling and it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen for awhile now.

Kentucky QB's have to be able to run period.
We won with Bowden and we won with Johnson.
We won with Levis running RPO's.
This pro style will never be successful, our recruiting is not good enough.
I agree we try to run a pro style like alabama and georgia minus the 4 and 5 star players.

Reactions: cathouse
He has the best job in CFB, he’ll still make 7 million for this disaster of a season.
Stoops, being who he is, does have the best job in college FB. He would prove himself to be incredibly Stoopid if he "chose" to leave this place. How much dumber are we to hope he stays?

Stoops made a bad OC hire. Correct the problem ASAP. I don’t think he did his homework on the suggestion from Coen. Time for Scang and Yensin to head back to the NFL.
You’re correct. However, the energy levels on both sides of the ball was unacceptable. It was worse than unacceptable, it was insufferable! An abomination! Scan is a problem, but it’s not the only problem. The entire staff failed.

He’s obviously looking to move on. He wants the Auburn job but he won’t be a candidate after today.
LOL

If he had one foot out the door, this game put that foot solidly back in... locked the door, did the deadbolt and barred it, plus turned off the porch light.

Reactions: catben
I agree. There’s something off….and it’s just not the OLine lol. Since the Ole Miss game, things have felt different.

I don’t think it’s the Auburn job either, they don’t want him. Maybe he’s like the 5th option, maybe. But the info that Stoops is more interested than Auburn is, is very telling. A couple Nebraska insiders I’ve seen, have their job down to Stoops and Matt Rhule. They may be right, they might not be, but Stoops is “seriously“ looking around this year. Unlike last year, where it just kinda felt like he was fishing for an extensio.n. This just feels different, and now it’s spilling over to field.

Has he checked out? Losing to Vandy at home makes it seem that way. Regardless, this season has an odd feel to it. An ominous one. We’ll see. This off season should be interesting if nothing else.

QB playing bamged up, an Off Tackle short, need a DE pass rusher upgrade. Offensive Coordinator is a big disappointment. Team can still win a bowl and grab Graf Transfers. Today felt like NCAA BBall Tourney loss in March but BBN will survive of course. At least team got good enough to be disappointed. When Wanger signs with Cal we will all feel better.

What team would pay him what UK does????????

After today, some may want to PULL the OTHER foot out too!!!:weary:

Stoops made a bad OC hire. Correct the problem ASAP. I don’t think he did his homework on the suggestion from Coen. Time for Scang and Yensin to head back to the NFL.
yes, and the sad part is I think they were a package deal.

If any other team would like to hire him, we should waive the buyout, pay for the move, and throw in a half-dozen fluffers for the gaining AD.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Mitch B needs to be fired for these horrendous contracts alone. He basically has a lifetime contract, which we’ve learned is never a good thing!
Stoops is Barney's kind of guy. Super conservative, a manageable personality, and easy to keep as long as you continue to fall for his agent's hype and keep adding years and butter to his contract.

Stoops sees himself as an elite coach who doesn’t get everything he needs to win big (NIL, unlimited amount of money for assistants and recruiting, etc). I believe he absolutely is looking around, but if an AD at one of schools considering Stopps does his homework, he’ll see that there are many better options.

Bingo....he made a bad hire. It's on him. But why over blow it to this stuff? We fire the OC and move on.. And thsi was Coen's suggestion is alot why it happened.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
ADVERTISEMENT