ADVERTISEMENT

Stewart Mandel: If you want to be more outraged

Sub-conscious? Frank, Frank, Frank...maybe unconscious...or is it precocious?

Well I mean many say these days that if you’re born a white male then you are mysognistic and stereotype / slightly racist without even realizing it. We “can’t help it” it’s “ingrained!”

Absurd, I know

I'm at the point that being a sports fan is just stupidity.

The racist thugs have ruined the NFL.

Racist, pos, losers, with Leebron Leading the charge, have ruined the NBA.

I will still watch Golf and Horseracing.
Give drone racing (DRL) a try. That's the sport of the future. I love it.

Reactions: JC43
I mean really guys, I am not surprised by this ruling at all. When in trouble throw money at it. Tie up into litigations til it hurts financially to the other party. This has been happening in every facet of society since the dawn of history. dude, you are right, the overtones and language usage is questionable, the use of thug tells you all you want to know. I mean when you use an avatar pic of a man who supported white supremecy well...it broke my heart when I found that out...
Privilege exists, if you don't know it you have it,.that's been my experience

Why don't you try to understand why they're protesting in the first place, rather than disagreeing with how they're protesting. As long as it's peaceful, why does it matter to you how they protest? You have to look beyond the 60,000 foot viewpoint of "disrespecting our country, flag and the men and women who fought". All of the protesters that have been asked why they're doing it have been clear it's not a slight against the military, but a way to bring attention to what they feel is an AMERICAN problem - police issues with black American citizens.

Then again, I'd never expect a white Kentuckian to understand what it's like to be afraid to be shot for being pulled over for a California stop. This is where we are back to the issue that people won't understand another person's plight unless it at some point directly affects them. Takes a unique person, I suppose, to be able to step out of their "white glasses" and see it from a different vantage point.

If someone has to explain to you, or them, the reason you stand silent for the flag and anthem, then you all are a lost cause. I am not saying they can't do it, what I am saying is that the rest of us also have a right to not watch you do it. There are many other ways to protest than this. BBUK explained it in another post, but you won't read it. The players are being used by a political party attempting to create anarchy in this country. The players are too stupid to understand it, and you can't get over your racism obsession.

Well I mean many say these days that if you’re born a white male then you are mysognistic and stereotype / slightly racist without even realizing it. We “can’t help it” it’s “ingrained!”

Absurd, I know

Ha...I thought I was black until I got my drivers license. Growing up in the slums of Detroit gives you that perspective....

Last edited:
The whole flag thing evokes an emotional response. Prior to 2009, players weren't on the field for the national anthem. The dept of defense and the national guard paid the NFL 12.7 million dollars over several yrs to have the players be on the field during the Anthem. This was done to boost recruiting...remember "Army of One" campaign...no one talks about this in public discourse. Thought it should be out there.
I believe in respecting or Country and Flag.
I also believe that the issue isn't about respect, it's about raising awareness.
Now with POTUS taking a view point in which he is entitled, I think it's more or less a deflection to keep everyone's mind off our government inability to get anything done anymore. It's a scary world right now...think the threat of nuclear war is higher this yr than anytime in the last five decades...

ADVERTISEMENT