ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen Johnson, has there ever been...

fuzz77

Senior
Sep 19, 2012
Can anyone think of another player with a story like Stephen Johnson's?

The kid comes practically unnoticed as a JC transfer and is forced to play out of necessity replacing one of the former faces of UK football. He is now if not THE FACE, one of a few faces for UK football.

Kudos to the kid! Appears humble, is well spoken, has the respect of his team mates and has a touching human interest story in his overcoming Turrets. You couldn't ask for a better role model or representative.

Just can't recall another "comes out of nowhere" story anything like his.

Can anyone think of another player with a story like Stephen Johnson's?

The kid comes practically unnoticed as a JC transfer and is forced to play out of necessity replacing one of the former faces of UK football. He is now if not THE FACE, one of a few faces for UK football.

Kudos to the kid! Appears humble, is well spoken, has the respect of his team mates and has a touching human interest story in his overcoming Turrets. You couldn't ask for a better role model or representative.

Just can't recall another "comes out of nowhere" story anything like his.
Credit Gran for picking him up late as well.

This guy could be one of the best faces for not only UK but for College Football as a whole. If only the national media would pay attention to him.

The national media cares about big name programs and players that put up glamorous stats. Johnson doesn't play at a perceived big time program and his stats were not glamorous at all. I think he will get a lot of pub in SEC circles, which is really all that matters.

Reactions: cat888
I got to spend 20 minutes with Stephen on a Lfyt ride I gave him. Dude is cool as a cucumber. I liked him alot and didn't realize it was Stephen Johnson in my car until the ride was almost up.

James Whalen...

Shasta College nobody who sent his own mixtape to Mumme...

all-American honors at UK, Played in NFL...

So yeah. There's been some miracles before SJ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT