ADVERTISEMENT

Stenberg tweet

The holding call was just a throw down, guy totally over matched so guess they saw an opportunity to do their thing. The two calls on the opening drive helped them get a positive start. Had to look awful hard on the replay to even see anything, but should have been no calls. Helped set the tone for VA Tech.

I thought the holding call was actually correct. He turned the guy and threw him down. Still he got a ton of really bad calls simply because his reputation and that is absolute B.S. Stoops needs to start complaining about that in the press, even though the SEC won't like it. Throwing a flag simply because of a players reputation is absolute crap. And it's not like he has a thug reputation. He plays aggressive and walks on the line but it's not like he's throwing punches something. I know Stoops is probably lobbying the league in private but it reached the point this year that we need to go public with it.

The even worse call was the BS unsportsmanlike conduct call on LS for taunting. VT players were yapping on every play. On multiple tackles on Lynn Bowden they were up in his face taunting right in front of the refs with no calls.
Logan has really played great over the last 6-7 games and has been pretty much under control for him.

The holding call on Stenberg for the opening drives was basically the same BS call he got in UGA game. He gets leverage on a guy and throws him down....refs wanted to throw flags and when they get a reason they'll do so.
Yeah, they called Drake on that same type of play. It should not be holding, needs to be fixed. Kinda like a little bitty dog biting on your heals. Not easy to just be nice to get him off of you.

Reactions: UKat1
Been a referee for 31 years here. 10 years in the college ranks, never D1. I take the avocation very serious, my rule book is with me every day. I study, agonize, and review every flag that I throw (and there aren’t many because I believe in two things - Did it affect the play, and was it about safety? Beyond that, it’s game on. For this player to call out the officials, that’s BS. And if you don’t think so, and if you think this funny, jump in my shoes and work me out of a job. Great win today.

Reactions: uky8unc5 and jauk11
Been a referee for 31 years here. 10 years in the college ranks, never D1. I take the avocation very serious, my rule book is with me every day. I study, agonize, and review every flag that I throw (and there aren’t many because I believe in two things - Did it affect the play, and was it about safety? Beyond that, it’s game on. For this player to call out the officials, that’s BS. And if you don’t think so, and if you think this funny, jump in my shoes and work me out of a job. Great win today.
Go back to your board

Somebody's butthurt! Come on man you got your win over an SEC team, be glad you didn't haver to face the Cats in MCB

Every decision you make affects the game, get out of here! But I have serious problems, especially as a former D1 football player, when you guys can't even consistently call anything. ie, Targeting this year. Stenberg can say whatever the hell he wants for all I care. In fact, many of the boneheaded penalties that he's received, I can't fault him for because there's a target on his back.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT