ADVERTISEMENT

Stay or Go? Advice for the 2020 NBA Draft’s Early Entrants

We need to get this guy.

I would feel pretty good with him as our 5. He protects the rim and at 220-230, probably won’t get pushed around as much as Jackson will.

Jackson needs to bulk up. Where’s BCG and his pop tarts when you need him?

LOL

E.J. Montgomery, 6-10, 230, PF, So., Kentucky | Montgomery averaged 6.1 points and 5.4 boards in 24.1 minutes per game this past season. His role will expand this season, especially since the ‘Cats don’t have anyone else up front right now.

“We don’t even have him in our Top 100. I have no clue what he’s thinking.” – NBA executive

And this one on Ashton.

Ashton Hagans, 6-3, 200, PG, So., Kentucky | “I think he’s a first-rounder, in the 20s. He’s got to get better with his shot, but he’s such a great on-ball defender.” – NBA executive

Another NBA executive: “I don’t think he gets drafted. He should go back and work on his shot and decision-making.”

Reactions: kywildcat41086
LOL

E.J. Montgomery, 6-10, 230, PF, So., Kentucky | Montgomery averaged 6.1 points and 5.4 boards in 24.1 minutes per game this past season. His role will expand this season, especially since the ‘Cats don’t have anyone else up front right now.

“We don’t even have him in our Top 100. I have no clue what he’s thinking.” – NBA executive
LMAO

We need to get this guy.

I would feel pretty good with him as our 5. He protects the rim and at 220-230, probably won’t get pushed around as much as Jackson will.

Jackson needs to bulk up. Where’s BCG and his pop tarts when you need him?
He's a perimeter oriented frontcourt player. His game so far is primarily facing the basket. Although he is an elite recruit, I question how much initially he could provide us at the 5 spot. Cal/Payne could certainly develop his low post game, defense, and rebounding but you have to wonder if Makur has the desire to provide what's needed.
Regardless, you take him if you can get him because he gives you a matchup nightmare for most opposing teams. Still I'm not sold on his defense or rebounding as a college player.

So NBA executives clearly think Ashton and EJ are making poor choices, but UK fans aren’t supposed to say it.

It’s crazy that one guy can say Ashton gets drafted in the 20s and another says he goes undrafted. How can the delta be that wide?

So NBA executives clearly think Ashton and EJ are making poor choices, but UK fans aren’t supposed to say it.

it’s unlikely that by coming back that they’d improve their draft stock imo. Might as well get another years pay in the Gatorade league or Saudi Arabia while they can

Reactions: floatingyou
oaOJxq2_d.jpg

My sources are telling me that Jackie Moon has offered Khalil Whitney a roster spot for the upcoming season.

He's a perimeter oriented frontcourt player. His game so far is primarily facing the basket. Although he is an elite recruit, I question how much initially he could provide us at the 5 spot. Cal/Payne could certainly develop his low post game, defense, and rebounding but you have to wonder if Makur has the desire to provide what's needed.
Regardless, you take him if you can get him because he gives you a matchup nightmare for most opposing teams. Still I'm not sold on his defense or rebounding as a college player.

I think he would give us more than Jackson will on either side of the ball just because he is stronger. Jackson is known as a great defender, but at 200 lbs. he’s going to get pushed around in the paint as a Freshman in college. At least Maker is a respectable 225 lbs. or so. He won’t get pushed around as much. Plus, he will force bigger, stronger guys away from the basket with his face up game. Maker is no AD or KAT or Cousins, but he is a tad bit closer to that level than Jackson.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT