ADVERTISEMENT

State championship

Backer cutter

All-SEC
Jul 8, 2019
Has the school you graduated high school from ever won the state championship in basketball. Can be state besides Kentucky to include everyone. Mine hasn’t.

Maryville (Tn) High School - I believe there is 1 basketball title. There are 16 in football (39 appearances), and 1 in baseball.

I did not win any of them. haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Backer cutter
Has the school you graduated high school from ever won the state championship in basketball. Can be state besides Kentucky to include everyone. Mine hasn’t.
My High School (Gate City High School) in Southwest Virginia won the State Basketball Championship in March 2018 with Mac McClung scoring 47 points in the championship game. He was a starting guard at Georgetown University last year as a freshman and scored a high of 38 points in one game.

Owensboro High School. Won many in everything. Great sports tradition for such a small enrollment. When I was there in the mid 70's we won a football, 2 baseball and a bunch of individual state championships.

Oak Ridge Wildcats in Oak Ridge , Tennessee. Won a basketball championship in the early 60s. Won mythical national championship in football in '58. Won numerous football state championships. I was blessed to have been a starter in the '79 state championship team.

Ben Martin, a U.K. Grad, was the schools first athletic director. The school superintendent allowed him to chose school colors and nick name. Martin wisely chose Wildcats.

Yes, Etown High School. Brother played for the 69 football champions, 70 baseball champions, and nephew won state in basketball in 2000. Girls basketball and swimming have also had state championships.

Campbell. Not in basketball. Wrestling has a few, 5 or 6? Maybe more. Don’t think any other sports have any. Cross country maybe? Idk.

ADVERTISEMENT