ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars, 1977-1999

One thing you wouldn't understand if you are a little bit younger than me. It was a few years before cable and VCRs. There were only 3 channels and if it didn't come on the movie of the week, you never saw it again.
I'm with you. It was so bad back then I watched the entire Star Wars Christmas special. :confused:
I remember when they showed King Kong the first time on network tv, they interrupted the movie to show the Camp David Peace Accords and I was furious.

I have the original 12 Star Wars figures. Another additional 50 or so from 77-84, most complete with weapons. The last 17 are the real pricey ones which I only have two of.

Nice. Which two of the last 17 do you have? I probably won't get around to collecting the '85 figures until I'm like 50. XD

The local Hobby Lobby only has one baseball bat case and it's scratched up and $70. I'll check around.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Nice. Which two of the last 17 do you have? I probably won't get around to collecting the '85 figures until I'm like 50. XD

The local Hobby Lobby only has one baseball bat case and it's scratched up and $70. I'll check around.

Endor Luke and Anakin. Yeah they’re just all so expensive right now especially those last ones.

Reactions: J_Dee
The Amazon-exclusive Retro Collection Bossk shipped a little early, so I got a nice surprise today:

313503439-615079816984887-5211897551425205001-n.jpg

That brings Hasbro's total number of Kenner reissues to 13, with 16 more on the way soon:

Out:

A New Hope (6): Luke; Leia; Han; Chewbacca; Vader; Stormtrooper

ESB (7): Bespin Luke; Hoth Leia; Hoth Han; Boba Fett; Yoda; Lando; Bossk

On the way in the next few months:

A New Hope (6): Obi-Wan; R2D2; C3PO; Jawa; Sand People; Death Squad Commander (aka Star Destroyer Commander)

The Empire Strikes Back (4): Dengar; IG-88; 4-LOM; Zuckuss

Return of the Jedi (6): Jedi Knight Luke; Boushh Leia; Endor Han; Skiff Lando; the Emperor; Biker Scout

Power of the Force (0): nada

So by this time next year, about a third of the single-carded vintage Kenner Star Wars figures will have been reissued. The Retro Collection's a perfect homage to the old toys and all of the great memories they invoke, so keep 'em coming, Hasbro. :)

The Amazon-exclusive Retro Collection Bossk shipped a little early, so I got a nice surprise today:

313503439-615079816984887-5211897551425205001-n.jpg

That brings Hasbro's total number of Kenner reissues to 13, with 16 more on the way soon:

Out:

A New Hope (6): Luke; Leia; Han; Chewbacca; Vader; Stormtrooper

ESB (7): Bespin Luke; Hoth Leia; Hoth Han; Boba Fett; Yoda; Lando; Bossk

On the way in the next few months:

A New Hope (6): Obi-Wan; R2D2; C3PO; Jawa; Sand People; Death Squad Commander (aka Star Destroyer Commander)

The Empire Strikes Back (4): Dengar; IG-88; 4-LOM; Zuckuss

Return of the Jedi (6): Jedi Knight Luke; Boushh Leia; Endor Han; Skiff Lando; the Emperor; Biker Scout

Power of the Force (0): nada

So by this time next year, about a third of the single-carded vintage Kenner Star Wars figures will have been reissued. The Retro Collection's a perfect homage to the old toys and all of the great memories they invoke, so keep 'em coming, Hasbro. :)

Looking forward to the Jedi Knight Luke Retro. Was the one I never had (but wanted) as a kid. Was one of the first ones I acquired when I started collecting again in adulthood lol.

I remember falling asleep in my dad’s arms while we waited for three hours to see Star Wars. I also remember once the movie started being completely riveted. By the time Empire came out I was trying to figure out how to make my own version with my friends. Needless to say we ended up blowing up a lot of our toys. I feel bad for kids today. They’ll never understand the value that scarcity provided us. Those movies were so special to so many people.

I picked up this guy a few days ago. I don't typically buy non-OT stuff or watch new Star Wars stuff, but this figure was sculpted by a Kenner employee and it's the Vader 2.0 that we should've gotten in the vintage line in '84 or '85, so I made an exception. :b

313931676_3238034639742330_2823670321512163328_n.jpg

hr_hasf5771_1500x1500.jpg

I picked up this guy a few days ago. I don't typically buy non-OT stuff or watch new Star Wars stuff, but this figure was sculpted by a Kenner employee and it's the Vader 2.0 that we should've gotten in the vintage line in '84 or '85, so I made an exception. :b

313931676_3238034639742330_2823670321512163328_n.jpg

hr_hasf5771_1500x1500.jpg
That's awesome!

ADVERTISEMENT