ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse post-game comments

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
He wasn't as bad as I expected. Some things that stand out:

He mentioned UK's team positively three times, but didn't say anything about Cal or the other UK coaches.
He sounded much too harsh about his team's performance, like he was blaming them for not trying.
But, when asked about Vandy's lack of rebounding he mentioned that UK is the #1 offensive rebounding team.
He complimented Malik Dia (and only him) for his game.
He seemed really depressed and angry about the loss, but aside from his team, didn't blame anyone.
He could have taken more responsibility for Vandy's weaknesses.
If he has a grudge against Cal, he did a good job of hiding it.

Reactions: Montana81

He mentioned UK's team positively three times, but didn't say anything about Cal or the other UK coaches.
He sounded much too harsh about his team's performance, like he was blaming them for not trying.
But, when asked about Vandy's lack of rebounding he mentioned that UK is the #1 offensive rebounding team.
He seemed really depressed and angry about the loss, but aside from his team, didn't blame anyone.

Yeah i watched it last night and i agree with you it was very mild. Professional even. He was clearly not happy but his tone was more dejected and annoyed with his own team than anything. He talked a lot about selfishness

I don’t remember him mentioning injuries either which definitely made a difference imo.

Reactions: bigvol37

If he has a grudge against Cal, he isn't alone in that department. Cal is easy to dislike which is why so many UK fans dislike him.

Reactions: catzcan
Yeah, he was upset with his players trying to make plays on their own instead of within the framework of the offense. And he is right about that, I noticed them doing too much one on one stuff, especially Jordan Wright. I didn't hear anything to make me think he's upset with Calipari or Kentucky or that he's holding a grudge. Just hates losing, which I completely understand.

Stackhouse appeared very professional during game. No tirades at players or officials that I saw. Cal benefited for there not being a coaching box at that gym as far as I could tell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT