Wilson
Hughes
Carter
Drake Jackson

Weak points:

Overall offensive line play
Interior D line
The Gran interviewer lol

Yeah I missed commenting on Hughes and agree Jackson appears to have C locked down

Two catches by Bowden in a row, nice moves on first for short gain and nice gain on second.

- WR's still need to find a way to make something happen downfield. Both Wilson and Hoak have thrown good balls downfield that haven't been caught.
- Wislon at a disadvantage as a few of his runs have been called down when he likely could have pulled away.
- The IT Wilson threw isn't on him. Hit TE in middle of hands. He bobbled it.

Defense looks decent so far but our biggest issue, at least in this small sample size, is our lack of down-field ability from the WRs. Good news is that Rose looks more than capable as a second RB. Also, Wilson is fast.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
I’m not impressed at all with Hoak. Wilson isn’t much better either. With all the talk of Danny Clark from Stoops pregame I thought we may see him. We are a running football team plain and simple in desperate need of an above average qb. Johnson was average but had all the intangibles. From first look the two guys we just trotted on the field are huge downgrades.

I’m sure Clark will get a lot of run the second half.

With the lack of outstanding performance from 3 and 12 he could make a BIG statement if he performs

I’m not impressed at all with Hoak. Wilson isn’t much better either. With all the talk of Danny Clark from Stoops pregame I thought we may see him. We are a running football team plain and simple in desperate need of an above average qb. Johnson was average but had all the intangibles. From first look the two guys we just trotted on the field are huge downgrades.
"First look" is the key. It's the first half of a spring game. Shouldn't judge them so harshly right now.

Hoak was very good on the first 2nd half drive. Very accurate with the short and medium range passes. I like the fact that he can find and complete passes to receivers across the middle of the field. Something we were lacking the last two years.

I haven't watched the whole game, but I have been mostly unimpressed with Wilson due to lack of accuracy.

Last Spring game Rose got lit up and never seemed to recover. He does an excellent job setting up blocks. Jo Jo Kemp was excellent at that as well

Reactions: ukalum1988
Who is #94 on the defense? I just saw him on the Wilson run before AJ Rose's wildcat TD run

the ukathletics website doesn't list anyone with that #

I know, I know....exhibition.

Our defense which is loaded with returnees and experience has give up 36 points to a team with three new quarterbacks, no tight ends with any game experience and AJ Rose impersonating an all SEC running back.

Ah, me.....

I know, I know....exhibition.

Our defense which is loaded with returnees and experience has give up 36 points to a team with three new quarterbacks, no tight ends with any game experience and AJ Rose impersonating an all SEC running back.

Ah, me.....

Yes, but that was quite an impressive impersonation, wouldn't you say?

Reactions: billoliver40

I had the same thought when I saw the play, much more deserving than in the bowl game. Thought the official would have said something to him at the least, needed a reminder, which would have probably been a good reminder. I really expected to see Snell apologize to him. Kind of funny but serious at the same time. The referee standing there would have probably flagged him in a real game, but no ejection probably, not sure the one he hit knew what happened, lol.

Last edited:
Where was King? Is he injured?

I really hope Rose continues to develop and isn't just one of those spring game stars that disappears during the season but he looked great tonight. Looked much improved from last year. We knew he was a good athlete but he looked lost at RB last year. He looked legit tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: EKCAT4YRS

I really hope Rose continues to develop and isn't just one of those spring game stars that disappears during the season but he looked great tonight. Lokked much improved from last year. We knew he was a good athlete but he looked lost at RB last year. He looked legit tonight.

King out with head injury

I really hope Rose continues to develop and isn't just one of those spring game stars that disappears during the season but he looked great tonight. Lokked much improved from last year. We knew he was a good athlete but he looked lost at RB last year. He looked legit tonight.

Looked like he wasn't in pads.

Who is #94 on the defense? I just saw him on the Wilson run before AJ Rose's wildcat TD run

the ukathletics website doesn't list anyone with that #

Found the answer to my own question...

Abadi-Fitzgerald wearing 94 not 96 as listed on the ukathletics roster

I haven't watched the whole game, but I have been mostly unimpressed with Wilson due to lack of accuracy.

Agree.....I thought he looked pretty bad really; just not accurate at all.

I thought Hoak looked great, most accurate/poised UK QB I've seen seen since Andre Woodson.

Reactions: jauk11
- WR's still need to find a way to make something happen downfield. Both Wilson and Hoak have thrown good balls downfield that haven't been caught.
- Wislon at a disadvantage as a few of his runs have been called down when he likely could have pulled away.
- The IT Wilson threw isn't on him. Hit TE in middle of hands. He bobbled it.

Defense looks decent so far but our biggest issue, at least in this small sample size, is our lack of down-field ability from the WRs. Good news is that Rose looks more than capable as a second RB. Also, Wilson is fast.

Some good observations IMO. Wilson wouldn't have been down on several of those "tackles", and would have picked up good yardage. They targeted Bowden a lot, looked pretty good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT