ADVERTISEMENT

Spread the offense out and let Lynn do his thing....

Sawyer needs a series to change things up but Lynn will have a great second act.

Gotta get off to faster starts. Defense has to stop the run and I'm not real sure they can against FLA. Gut runs do not work we gotta stick to the perimeter but GA is super disciplined and fast

Agreed with OP. Our offense looked best against Ark with LB when we spread things out. Too many times we packed it in, and that’s when Ark D seemed to have the most success.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out Saturday.

If SS is 100% I would start him.

LB can be even more lethal on the perimeter if the right plays are called at the appropriate times.

Need to get others involved regardless of who is at QB. Smoke, Rose, Rodriguez, Rigg, Upshaw, Wagner...

The talent, size, speed, athleticism, and experience is there with that group of skill players. This coaching staff has got to start spreading the ball around and get production out of other guys.

With the speed that Rose and Bowden, we need to continue to run the option. The DL of Georgia's is not fast enough to catch them on the edge. The wide receiver will take the defensive man with him, leaving Bowden to pitch to Rose or cut upfield.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY

If SS is 100% I would start him.

LB can be even more lethal on the perimeter if the right plays are called at the appropriate times.

Need to get others involved regardless of who is at QB. Smoke, Rose, Rodriguez, Rigg, Upshaw, Wagner...

The talent, size, speed, athleticism, and experience is there with that group of skill players. This coaching staff has got to start spreading the ball around and get production out of other guys.
SS is too prone to int. He would be a good change of pace opion, need 2 see LBJ carring or passing as much as possible, bes chance of success.

I love the optimism. I really do. Beating GA (in Athens) would be an amazing win and I’d be over the top happy. But sometimes things are just darn near impossible. GA is a great team. How they got beat last week is still a mystery to me but I can’t see it happening two weeks in a row. Unlike MS St, FL, and SC, I won’t be torn up ‘if’ we get beat by GA. Just play our best, don’t get embarrassed or have any major injuries and move on to the rest of the season with an opportunity to win every game. Definitely need to beat UT and U6. GBB.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I realize this is a pep talk thread ([winking]) but...

I think running the ball against against AR (#86 nationally against the run, 175 YPG allowed) and running the ball against JawJaw (#5 nationally, 73 YPGA) are 2 different things. Bowden is a talented player - you know that, I know that and JawJaw knows that. JawJaw is one of those teams you can play well against and still get crushed. JMO

Peace

I thought Arkansas looked like the worst team we played all season.

I hope we beat UGA, but for the most part, I want to be healthy for the home stretch.

Beating UT & UL would make for a nice finish.

Reactions: BLUEDOUG46
I realize this is a pep talk thread ([winking]) but...

I think running the ball against against AR (#86 nationally against the run, 175 YPG allowed) and running the ball against JawJaw (#5 nationally, 73 YPGA) are 2 different things. Bowden is a talented player - you know that, I know that and JawJaw knows that. JawJaw is one of those teams you can play well against and still get crushed. JMO

Peace

"JawJaw is one of those teams you can play well against and still get crushed"....as is Clemson, as you'll soon find out- assuming your team plays well in the first place.

Let's just keep LB healthy. If the sun, moon and planets all line up just right and we find ourselves in the game come 4th quarter, then maybe take some chances.

Lynn in space is lethal!..then adding the threat of Rose and Smoke....and some nice quick passes , i think we’re gonna play well saturday!
If only it were that simple my brother. I hope we.can do just that. But I am sure UGA knows we want to do just that as well. And they are good everywhere.

I am afraid we will see a lazier focused Georgia football team Sat. We have the physicality I think to play with them . I think we go long into the play clock before snapping the ball and mix up our QB`s. I still think they win 35-17 or something along those lines. I think its competitive just not anticipating a win. I hope I am wrong.. just hard for me to fathom them losing two in a row at home, but sports is a psychology game and they could be doubting themselves right now a bit. My hope is we come out healthy and finish out the rest of the season strong like i think we can. We could run the table after Georgia. That is not out of the question if we get momentum and get our QB back along with Lynn.

With the speed that Rose and Bowden, we need to continue to run the option. The DL of Georgia's is not fast enough to catch them on the edge. The wide receiver will take the defensive man with him, leaving Bowden to pitch to Rose or cut upfield.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY
GA's LBs/DBs have plus speed and are very quick.

I love the optimism. I really do. Beating GA (in Athens) would be an amazing win and I’d be over the top happy. But sometimes things are just darn near impossible. GA is a great team. How they got beat last week is still a mystery to me but I can’t see it happening two weeks in a row. Unlike MS St, FL, and SC, I won’t be torn up ‘if’ we get beat by GA. Just play our best, don’t get embarrassed or have any major injuries and move on to the rest of the season with an opportunity to win every game. Definitely need to beat UT and U6. GBB.

Jawja turned it over multiple times. Thats how.

Yes, it is a good plan and makes sense so our coaches probably won't do it.
Looks like plenty of rain(90%) Sat night so this looks like a plan. Play well and compete. We are going to need to score a bunch these next two games and I think LB makes our offense more potent.

"JawJaw is one of those teams you can play well against and still get crushed"....as is Clemson, as you'll soon find out- assuming your team plays well in the first place.
UK +25
UofL +24

Looks like a long weekend for both schools. Tough cover for both schools. With JawJaw coming off a loss, attitude-wise, I think UK faces a tougher challenge. JMO

Peace

If you watch UCFs offense they do this a lot.

Let the WRs get huge splits outside the hashes. It forces the DBs and LBs to spread out as well and it makes it much more difficult to hide coverage schemes. It essentially forces them to show their hand pre snap.

If the matchup man and cheat the Safeties in for run support, take a shot to Wagner. Also gives a ton of space and a bigger window for the quick slant by the slot. As well as spreading the LBs out opening bigger holes for the read option.

ADVERTISEMENT