ADVERTISEMENT

Spinoff: defunct Fayette Mall stores

As a kid growing up Aladdins Castle arcade was the best place to visit. Saw many movies at the mall too.

What else you got.
What was the old computer/video game store called?

Loved Aladdin's Castle... a five dollar bill from my dad was a king's ransom in that place...

Especially remember the excitement of Mortal Kombat II and the huge 6 player X-Men game when there was someone at every character. Each one was good except for Jubilee who sucked... seriously... Jubilee?

Is Spencer Gifts still there? As a young lad that is where I learned all about fart jokes and risque sex gifting.

What was the record/tape/CD shop next to Aladdin's called?
sor.jpg

gorf_1.gif

Cabal_Arcade-Header.jpg

"Lexington Mall, has it all."
What was the old computer/video game store called?

Loved Aladdin's Castle... a five dollar bill from my dad was a king's ransom in that place...

Especially remember the excitement of Mortal Kombat II and the huge 6 player X-Men game when there was someone at every character. Each one was good except for Jubilee who sucked... seriously... Jubilee?

babbage's?

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
"Lexington Mall, has it all."

babbage's?
Yep! Good recall. They had these 10 packs of games where each CD was in a plastic slipcase so that all 10 were visible. Thing was like 5 feet long. Kept them at the front of the store... hard to describe... anyway, loved getting those.

Funny the things you remember...

I also desperately wanted a Sega Saturn but never got one... Did get a Dreamcast though... that was a great system for the time.

Reactions: Free_Salato_Blue
I miss a clothing store called Structure also.

Anyone remember the name of the sub shop that was maybe in Turfland Mall.
They would put the filling on a flat grill and chop it up fine.

At least you all didn't lose the mall altogether. One of my hangouts in Louisville other than the Jefferson Mall was the Bashford Manor Mall. They had as Alladin's Castle, Target, Bacon's, a toy store and pet store (names escape me) to name a few. I spent a lot of time and quarters at that arcade. Also enjoyed visiting that pet store. You don't see them in malls these days. I even met Muhammad Ali there and got his autograph while shopping for a suit.

They also took away my favorite movie theater from next door to the mall from my childhood. I saw many a movie at the Showcase Cinemas on Bardstown Rd. They had a big arcade there as well. I remember when the PGA Championship was at Valhalla and they had the movie Tin Cup premiere at that theater while that was going on. I believe Don Johnson and Cheech Marin were both there.

So many memories of places that are no longer around.

I miss a clothing store called Structure also.

Anyone remember the name of the sub shop that was maybe in Turfland Mall.
They would put the filling on a flat grill and chop it up fine.

Great Steak and Fry was in Fayette Mall...Don't remember the one in Turfland

I loved the days when the chik-fil-a was separate from the food court (close to nich Rd entrance) with a music store/video game store/baseball card kiosk all in the same vicinity.

My biggest memory was seeing outkast (before they got big) in the cd store that was on the left right after you went through sears. Seems like there was an allsports right across from it too because we followed the autograph seeking crowd over there shortly after, wondering who these black dudes dressed in fur were..

Lived on Lansdowne Dr. between Stoneybrook and Greenlawn, used to walk to FM and Crossroads SC and Theatre, Sir Pizza, Pizza Hut was down the street from my house and we'd dine and dash every so often. We'd stay away for a couple of weeks and then go back and do it again if they didn't recognize us.

We'd play football on the median, climb the metal girders the power lines were on as high as we could, hangout at Wildwood park.

Reactions: JohnKBA
^Lol, Southpark. Signage is still there, theater is razed. Saw Empire Strikes Back opening day and snuck in to my first R-rated picture 'Beverly Hills Cop' at that place. There was a tiny pizza joint right beside it, no idea of the name.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Hickory Farms used to have a store in FM and we'd hit up their samples till they ran us out of there. Would also con people out of some coin with some sob story about needing bus fare to get home only to spend it at AC on pinball, dipped out hands in the fountains for qtrs also. Got busted for it once.

Hickory Farms used to have a store in FM and we'd hit up their samples till they ran us out of there. Would also con people out of some coin with some sob story about needing bus fare to get home only to spend it at AC on pinball, dipped out hands in the fountains for qtrs also. Got busted for it once.

Sir Pizza was the shit.

I loved Sir Pizza. Damn do i miss it.

What about that rock looking thing way above the movie theatre in Crossroads? What was that thing?

Of course Tony's arcade was legendary.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
ADVERTISEMENT