ADVERTISEMENT

Special bourbon night

Blanton's or Basel Hayden. If we go on a run while drinking one of the two I'll stick with that as long as we keep playing good.

Reactions: _Rooster
Blanton's or Basel Hayden. If we go on a run while drinking one of the two I'll stick with that as long as we keep playing good.
Two of my faves. Also had Willett for the first time. Got it for a tasting due to the unique bottle and the fact I hadn't had it.

It won the tasting. Blade & Bow was nice as well.

Reactions: _Rooster
Honestly, I'm not a bourbon expert by any means but I have been getting different bottles for a little bit under the $60 range and weller just isn't one of my favorites. Everybody talks about it like it's great but I think it's simply because of the pappy relationship. I have four roses single barrel (can be found anywhere) and actually like it better. Of course they're different bourbons though.

I also had johnny drum and actually like it a lot. It's sweeter than most bourbons which I like, but some people don't like it because of that. Anyway, hope you find some weller but don't have your expectations set so high that you'll be disappointed. It's good, but the hype is just over the top to me.
Great post. I totally get what you're talking about. But that's what's so awesome about bourbon, there's a flavor out there for everyone.

I always end up going back to Blanton's, it's so smooth, I had someone on here tell me it was overpriced, well, that's your opinion SIR.

Everyone has different tastes. I really hope I like Weller when I find it. If it's good I'll pay the money.

I've found out that I will GLADLY pay $65.00 per small glass of 23 year Pappy and ask for another before I even take the first sip (that stuff is incredible).

Anyone reading my posts might think I'm an alcoholic, but I only partake on Friday nights and only if I have nothing going on the next day.

Reactions: trav55
Honestly, I'm not a bourbon expert by any means but I have been getting different bottles for a little bit under the $60 range and weller just isn't one of my favorites. Everybody talks about it like it's great but I think it's simply because of the pappy relationship. I have four roses single barrel (can be found anywhere) and actually like it better. Of course they're different bourbons though.

I also had johnny drum and actually like it a lot. It's sweeter than most bourbons which I like, but some people don't like it because of that. Anyway, hope you find some weller but don't have your expectations set so high that you'll be disappointed. It's good, but the hype is just over the top to me.
Four Roses single is absolutely delicious. One of my favorites and my #1 under 50 bucks.

I'm a 100' bottled in bond guy. Will go with Evan Williams White label tonight as I'm superstitious. We've been winning since I started with it. Bourbon and water. Mix each drink 9 times for good karma. Same glass. Have some McKenna 10 yr and OGD bonded on the bench. Same chair same tv shirt jeans socks shoes St Jude medal same used U.K. Tickets . Nutty. Anxiety ridden. Love the regular season and the SEC Tourney but hate these games. I pace. Two different hats to wear when one lets up.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I too love some Evan Williams. It's the right price and does the job. I've been drinking on that today and will continue through the game. There's way too much time left until tip.

I'm a 100' bottled in bond guy. Will go with Evan Williams White label tonight as I'm superstitious. We've been winning since I started with it. Bourbon and water. Mix each drink 9 times for good karma. Same glass. Have some McKenna 10 yr and OGD bonded on the bench. Same chair same tv shirt jeans socks shoes St Jude medal same used U.K. Tickets . Nutty. Anxiety ridden. Love the regular season and the SEC Tourney but hate these games. I pace. Two different hats to wear when one lets up.
You lost me at and water.

Best thread I've seen on RR in a while. Love the different bourbon's mentioned. I'm not a Pappy guy. I don't like the high wheat mash bill I prefer a higher rye mash bill
Got some knob creek rye that is really good and not very expensive at all. I take it if I'm going camping with a bunch of people or a big event where non bourbon people want to try my bourbon out of curiosity.

Okay, now I'm in a quandry, I changed my mind and went Willett instead of Blanton's tonight. I don't drink on Sunday's, but maybe I need to have a sip on Sunday to keep the good mojo working.
I think we all saw what my "3 SEC teams in the elite 8" thread did for us. I don't want to mess with this. LOL.

Reactions: TheDude73
Great post. I totally get what you're talking about. But that's what's so awesome about bourbon, there's a flavor out there for everyone.

I always end up going back to Blanton's, it's so smooth, I had someone on here tell me it was overpriced, well, that's your opinion SIR.

Everyone has different tastes. I really hope I like Weller when I find it. If it's good I'll pay the money.

I've found out that I will GLADLY pay $65.00 per small glass of 23 year Pappy and ask for another before I even take the first sip (that stuff is incredible).

Anyone reading my posts might think I'm an alcoholic, but I only partake on Friday nights and only if I have nothing going on the next day.

The cheapest version of weller is out in Louisville but may be gone soon. It's the special reserve and is $24. The 107 proof is gone and anything older than that is now a special release unfortunately. If you live near here, you can message me and I wouldn't mind trying to find you a cheep bottle (special reserve).

Reactions: kyjeff1
It's spread over a good amount of time.. but also had a few Lake Placid Ubu's in there also..

Pretty lit.. I really haven't even touched the forums yet. What an amazing game. Fox and Monk just killed it. Fox took exception to the Ball talk and worked UCLA.. our defense was unreal.

Pouring another..

Four roses, even the basic yellow, as well as the single barrel to me can match virtually any bourbon I have tried, for straight up sipping. It's a great value for the price.

ADVERTISEMENT