ADVERTISEMENT

SPeaking of asst coaches...

We need Orlando. If we add two, then I'd be ok with John 2nd.

The game is moving toward guards shooting two feet behind the line. I think we should also look for a shooter whisperer.

Penny Hardaway should be #1 plan. I'd love to replace Barbee and Justice with Penny and Orlando!
Joel Justice is our best recruiter. He is responsible for bringing in Quickley and Johnson. He is ranked as the 5th best recruiting assistant coach in the country, while Kenny Payne and Tony Barbee are not ranked in the top 25. But, yeah, let's get rid of our best recruiter and hire Penny, who has never recruited for college, has zero experience as a coach in the college setting. People wanting to get rid of Justice, doesn't know anything about recruiting. These kids we are signing love him.

Joel Justice is our best recruiter. He is responsible for bringing in Quickley and Johnson. He is ranked as the 5th best recruiting assistant coach in the country, while Kenny Payne and Tony Barbee are not ranked in the top 25. But, yeah, let's get rid of our best recruiter and hire Penny, who has never recruited for college, has zero experience as a coach in the college setting. People wanting to get rid of Justice, doesn't know anything about recruiting. These kids we are signing love him.
I give up

Reactions: flacat22

Where are these rankings? Can you post a link for us, I couldn’t find them.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat

Man i keep seeing you jump to Justice side. First you say he is the main reason Quickley came to Ky. Ummm false. Now your throwing Johnson in there. Guy your just wrong. He may of traveled to watch them play. Then relayed to Cal and Payne he found some talent. Thats about it. The guy was a numbers guy who Cal moved to a recruiter. After his stupid comment yestrday. Using players and bank accounts in the same sentence. We all are scared about this FBI stuff. And this goof goes on live TV a mentions our players bank accounts blahblah. The guy is not OA. Not even close. Not sure if your Justice himself posting? A friend or family member ? It's clear from the level of talent we have gotten lately. Justice just can't evaluate talent like our past top recruiters. We're getting good players. Just not on the level we had in the past. OA would not of lost out on ZW. Barbee and Justice did. Why?

Wow, that Justice guy is a top 5 recruiter in the country. Huh. Too bad we're stuck with Justus as an assistant coach who helped us miss on all our top targets this class and sign the worst class we have had since Cal came to UK.

He helped recruit some great players at Fla a few yrs ago when Billy D was there, I would take him over Barbee

It’s called branding-Penny Hardaway is a recognized name...former NBA elite player and big time AAU guy. Justus-well...about all I got. However, I think Barbee needs to go. Would really like to get Penny or Antigua-if you can get both everyone goes but KP.

Man i keep seeing you jump to Justice side. First you say he is the main reason Quickley came to Ky. Ummm false. Now your throwing Johnson in there. Guy your just wrong. He may of traveled to watch them play. Then relayed to Cal and Payne he found some talent. Thats about it. The guy was a numbers guy who Cal moved to a recruiter. After his stupid comment yestrday. Using players and bank accounts in the same sentence. We all are scared about this FBI stuff. And this goof goes on live TV a mentions our players bank accounts blahblah. The guy is not OA. Not even close. Not sure if your Justice himself posting? A friend or family member ? It's clear from the level of talent we have gotten lately. Justice just can't evaluate talent like our past top recruiters. We're getting good players. Just not on the level we had in the past. OA would not of lost out on ZW. Barbee and Justice did. Why?
Zion wasn't coming to Kentucky unless his dad was hired as an assistant. It's funny you say Antigua would not have missed on zion. I thought he committed to Duke and not Illinois? The main reason Quickley came to Kentucky, is John Calipari, same with KJ, but coach Justice was the closer.

It’s called branding-Penny Hardaway is a recognized name...former NBA elite player and big time AAU guy. Justus-well...about all I got. However, I think Barbee needs to go. Would really like to get Penny or Antigua-if you can get both everyone goes but KP.

I'm all for Barbee going. He adds nothing to recruiting. Replace him with penny or Antigua, awesome. Don't replace Joel justice or Kenny Payne though

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
Zion wasn't coming to Kentucky unless his dad was hired as an assistant. It's funny you say Antigua would not have missed on zion. I thought he committed to Duke and not Illinois? The main reason Quickley came to Kentucky, is John Calipari, same with KJ, but coach Justice was the closer.

Closed the deal? Not sure what Justice has that Cal and Payne don't, to close a deal. I am comfortable saying Antigua would of known ZW was not coming. And going to Duke. Seems since he has left. UK has been blindsided. Antigua is head and shoulders above most in the game when it comes to recruiting. He has more angles and connections then most. So to say Justice was as close to closing ZW as Antigua would of been. Just isant true. Our recruiting has dropped off. Not just from getting the best of the best. But also the skill of the kid coming in. Evaluating the kid is also a huge part of recruiting. Sorry. But thats been off since Antigua has left also. Keep Justice. But he can't be our top or even 2nd recruiter.

ADVERTISEMENT