ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Southern Miss preview

Thanks JRowland. I am excited about the start of the new season. I believe we will be ready for So. Miss. GO CATS!!

I never put a lot of stock in the revenge game theory.
However if there ever was a revenge motivation it's this game, UK players coaches and fans know we let this one slip through the cracks last season.
UK wins this game and will not let up this season.

The Golden Eagles scored 34 unanswered points after UK led 34-10 in the first half to come back and beat the Wildcats 44-35 in last season’s opening game.

Painful.

The Golden Eagles scored 34 unanswered points after UK led 34-10 in the first half to come back and beat the Wildcats 44-35 in last season’s opening game.

Painful.
Barker tweaked his back. He was rolling in the first half and looked like doggy doo the second half. No coincidence.

Barker tweaked his back. He was rolling in the first half and looked like doggy doo the second half. No coincidence.
It is well known now that Barker's back injury occurred earlier in the summer. Has been publicly discussed by our coaches. It's no coincidence because it's hard for any quarterback to look good when he is sitting on the bench, cooling down, which Barker did for most of the 2nd half while Southern Miss completely controlled the game clock with their running game. Hope always springs eternal every summer, but I expect this rematch in Hattiesburg to be a close, hard fought game. Playing openers on the road does not lend itself to dominant performances. To win this game, we have to take better care of the football, and we have to slow down their running game. Failing to do either would mean another loss. But it's also an opportunity for our team to grow together and get to the next level. Especially for our defense.

It's no coincidence because it's hard for any quarterback to look good when he is sitting on the bench, cooling down, which Barker did for most of the 2nd half while Southern Miss completely controlled the game clock with their running game.

I initially read this as saying he was yanked to rest. I get the TOP argument, though.

Still, with about 10:00 to go in the third Q, Barker was twisted down HARD, and re-injured his back. He didn't look the same from that point forward.

Reactions: Levibooty
ADVERTISEMENT