ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Wandale to UK is close to a done deal

wow. wandale be like

B5rB.gif

Kid used UK as a bird in the hand last time. No surprise he's doing it again.

My uninformed guess is he eyes being the man at Purdue. That's what drove him to Nebraska in the beginning. So I'm guessing that same mentality still exists. Rowland tweeted day or two ago he expects wandale to be one and done wherever he goes. So his self evaluation is way off kilter.

Don't need a disruption and he literally couldn't ask for a better system to fit his abilities. If he's demanding to be the man, it's best if he goes elsewhere imo.

I hope we get him. I would welcome him with open arms. But at some point, how much tail kissing does one kid deserve ? I have complete trust in Marrow in these matters. he jilted us big time once. Jeez

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Last I checked, West LaFayette is nowhere close to Frankfort and Momma.
I think the Nebraska fans were willing to cut him slack for leaving, based on the desire to be closer to a sick mom. My guess is if he ends up at Purdue, many are going to think that wasn't really his reason for leaving - and they won't be happy with him. (not that it matters - online fans are always upset about something)

at the end of the day he's not going to make or break UKs season next year.
The make or break will be at QB we have not been able to throw accurate passes
for years. and based on limited action from allen and gatewood. gatewood has
more mobility but throws the ball late.
allen looks to have better passing skills but can either of them read the D.

I want Robinson IF he wants to be part of a family. If he would rather be THE MAN, I will enjoy watching his individual pursuits at some other place. UK has done a pretty good job of bringing in the team-first players, with minor exceptions. I like when players are willing to sacrifice for their brother. If he cannot be that guy, I wish him well, but would rather have Ali, CRod, Rigg, and the guys who will do what it takes for the family. THE GUY could have never lowered his head and blocked for L Bowden last year to get us to 8 wins.

Kid used UK as a bird in the hand last time. No surprise he's doing it again.

My uninformed guess is he eyes being the man at Purdue. That's what drove him to Nebraska in the beginning. So I'm guessing that same mentality still exists. Rowland tweeted day or two ago he expects wandale to be one and done wherever he goes. So his self evaluation is way off kilter.

Don't need a disruption and he literally couldn't ask for a better system to fit his abilities. If he's demanding to be the man, it's best if he goes elsewhere imo.
Maybe Robinson is afraid of being exposed a bit in the SEC.. won't be as easy to show off his skills than it is in one of the "Big" conferences.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
I thought it would be Purdue from the moment he announced he was leaving the Huskers. Rondale Moore is turning Pro, so Wandale can move right into his slot spot and be the primary WR in that offense.

It makes the most sense.

Purdue is a freaky choice. If I was “coming home” because of my mom, but was going to 5 hours from home, I think I would choose to be 7 hours from home and go to UNC. Yup, sounds crazy, but UNC has a relatively easy schedule in 2021, has a Heisman candidate QB and if you beat ND, you may be favored in all of your games until the ACC championship.

I understand that Bama, OSU, LSU may have talent you might not usurp, but you probably can play at UNC and have a shot at something big.

There may be other regional choices, but if Purdue struggled with Moore, it probably struggles with Wan.

Well, Jeff Brohm is scoring top recruiting classes and winning B1G titles like people here predicted when he took the job.

I note a touch of sarcasm in that post!

Remember, Purdue’s one big bowl matchup with Brohm, the 2018 Music City Bowl, produced that classic 63-14 nail biting victory by Auburn.

It got away from the Boilermakers just a tad, beginning in the first quarter.

And the razor-thin final score shocked commentators of the day, given Auburn’s near dominance in the SEC, having finished 3-5 in conference play.

The jet sweep is a staple of Coen's offense and Wan'Dale is the ideal type of player to be running that play. He has to know he has a perfect situation waiting here for him.
Word is Purdue making a big push for him. I thought he wanted to be closer to home for his mother.

Purdue’s campus is at least 4 hours from Lexington.
This guy just doesn’t want to be a Wildcat. Here we go again.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I hope our resident cynics and persistent critics can pause in the middle of this thread and ponder the last 4 years of college football, and compare it with most other eras.

The schools being mentioned are Purdue and Nebraska, obviously, because of Wandale and Rondale.

The last 4 seasons, those two schools combined for 8 losing seasons and one bowl appearance, a 63-14 shellacking by Auburn of 6-6 Purdue at the Music City Bowl in Nashville in 2018.

We hear how our G5 wins are “meaningless” and how easy it is to achieve bowl eligibility, about everytime we beat a G5 team or achieve bowl eligibility.

I’m certain of this: our schedule strength the last 4 seasons (and the last 40 seasons) has ranked as tough or tougher than Purdue’s and Nebraska’s. Pull any source you want . . . and I’m sure there are (still) sources out there that would deny the obvious, the SEC has been, is, and will be head-and-shoulders above the rest of the college football world.

You don’t have to look too far back in time for confirmation of what has been true for nearly a century.

IU had it’s best season and best team since Bo McMillan took them to the Rose Bowl in 1947, losing during the regular season at Ohio State by one score, 42-35.

Had IU faced the normal schedule/season with an FCS and a couple of G5’s thrown in, they would have achieved a double-digit winning record, an accomplishment only they, Vandy and Iowa State lack among 65 P5 programs.

Yet, for all they accomplished in likely their best season in a century of football, they lost their Outback bowl game to a 5-5 Ole Miss team.

A team everybody is overlooking sits an hours drive up 75. Don’t count out the UC Bearcats for his services. Exciting young team that will only get better. I’d say they are the dark horse favorite if not UK. Years ago a guy like this would be a game changer for us. But I like the talent we have coming in and I think we will be fine with or without him. Kid did a lot of damage to his rep. Not sure I’d actually believe he was coming here until I saw him run out on the field. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
The Damian Harris situation ticked me off but at least he chose Bama so you could see where he was coming from. The Juan Dale thing not only ticked me off but left such a bad taste that I don't care where he goes and to be honest I hope it isn't here. It looks pathetic to take him back now. It's like taking back a hot chick after she has cheated on you just because you don't think you can get another that is hotter.

I thought the name of the game was make your team the best you can. Robinson would help in that cause. If the coaches didn't take his initial recruitment personally, I struggle as to why us fan should.

"Fool me once..."

Why does this sound so familiar? Y'all gettin worked up was somewhat entertaining to all of these gurus. (Gotta keep the lights on and all.) The update is there is no update- he still doesn't like UK. Lol

He likes red

I thought the name of the game was make your team the best you can. Robinson would help in that cause. If the coaches didn't take his initial recruitment personally, I struggle as to why us fan should.

We don’t know what was said in that initial recruitment. WR may have been candid with the UK staff. But, when Wan (wasn’t it just Wandale in HS and not Wan’Dale?) put out that silly recruitment pick video, I remember the shot of the staff watching and the eruption of joy that filled the room when he originally picked UK. It was that image that kind of made me hot when he backed out.

That said, he got me again. I have not cared since and did not really engage too much in the WR rumors over the years, but when it looked again like the rumors were true, I bit and became invested again. Shame on me if it was all fluff or a ruse. I don’t want to call Robinson a liar, so I will assume that well-intended overly exuberant media types over-hyped their info to make risky predictions and give us a false sense of security and to get Internet hits.

All that said, I still feel that it would be best that he go elsewhere if his main focus is highlighting him for the NFL. The NFL comes to NFL caliber players when they are part of a team. I would not want Stoops to sell Robinson on the idea that our offense was going to be all about him. It will be about winning and UK has some offensive stars with or without Robinson.

I think UK took some lumps in the pass defense game by playing Joseph early. Stoops once pondered out loud if he had made a mistake going with athleticism over experience early in the season. I always thought he was talking Joseph. If so, I believe Stoops thought getting Joseph playing time (time that would have come in an OOC schedule in a normal year) hurt the team early on some plays, but appeared to pay off for UK and Joseph as the season progressed. I think Joseph kind of stabbed Stoops in the back by not finishing the deal.

Counter to that was J Davis. The kid had a better all-round season than Joseph, is more NFL ready, and, yet, did not give up on his team.

Rondale Moore is an exceptional talent. I loved watching him play. But, he almost opted out on his team for the NFL this year.

I want J Davises on my team, all day and every day. That is the kid that will make me pay an ounce of attention to the NFL. When he gets paid, I will be happy.

What a person wanting to be THE big dog on campus is missing out on, (what Damien Harris grasped very well), is that being the big dog ain't sht without big dogs all around you. Bowden had Snell and The Wall to go with a dual threat in Wilson. Then he had CRod and Smoke with Ali.

It's not just about that, but that's a big part of what smart players are looking for in a team. We have players right now, but do we have a known quantity around the position he plays? Not everyone has the visionlike Snell and others to see what UK could be with them on the roster.

We'll be good either way

Reactions: Mr.Morris
I'm good either way, won't change my opinion of him either way, not that I really have one, other than he's an explosive player. As we keep building talent wise, there are going to be players that don't necessarily fit the mode of J. Davis, Benny, or J. Allen, it is what it is. Stoops and company will have to manage that, the chemistry of Stoop's teams, outwardly anyway, always appear to be a tight knit group. I also prefer the guys with potential and super strong work ethic, that's the biggest reason I prefer football over basketball. If they can land a guy with WR's talent, they should give it all they got.

ADVERTISEMENT