ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Wandale to UK is close to a done deal

I heard his family bought a house here. /s

For the record I'm all for bringing in skill position players to help

This would be huge. We could go from "what's a forward pass?" to picking up a WR with the raw skills to match anyone in the country at that position. He would be a great one-two punch with Ali and if either Gatewood or Allen can deliver the ball, we're in business starting this fall. This also gives us a chance to send a message to other HS wideouts that UK is a good place for future NFLers to develop their skills and showcase themselves in the SEC.
GBB!

The jet sweep is a staple of Coen's offense and Wan'Dale is the ideal type of player to be running that play. He has to know he has a perfect situation waiting here for him.
I agree 100% with this. The mere threat of him getting the ball on sweeps will be disrupting to defenses and should make the run and pass game a little tougher to defend. Hopefully, Coen will know how to employ Robinson.

I agree 100% with this. The mere threat of him getting the ball on sweeps will be disrupting to defenses and should make the run and pass game a little tougher to defend. I see Wandale as being Cobb-like. Hopefully, Coen will know how to employ Robinson.

Nope, Rembrandt says it's impossible, can't happen.

This is a misrepresentation. I never said it will or won't happen. I actually said that a player must enter the NCAA transfer portal before coaches from other teams are allowed to contact him.

I posted the following yesterday on another thread (Attempting to add some substance to the discussion of upcoming transfers).

"Now that Wan'Dale Robinson has put himself in the NCAA's transfer portal, I will take a moment to discuss him as a possible option for UK.

Robinson is from Frankfort. He verbally committed to UK's 2019 class before decommitting from UK and signing with NE. In 2020, Robinson rushed for 240 yards and caught 51 passes for 461 yards for NE. He gained 696 all purpose yards in NE's eight-game season and was named honorable-mention all B10.

I don't know what Robinson will do next. Since he is from Frankfort and was verbally committed to UK at one time, it is only natural for our fans to jump to the conclusion that Robinson will transfer to UK. Now that Robinson is in the transfer portal, any school can contact him. UL and Purdue will definitely go after him, and probably MI as well. In hs, Robinson once held offers from Bama and OH St. There is no telling how many coaches will call him this week.

But if Robinson is interested in coming home, the Coen hire will very likely intensify his interest. Robinson is a smallish hybrid back who can be utilized as a slot receiver, all-purpose back, and punt returner. His speed is his carrying tool. He would certainly not be the fastest player in the SEC, but he is plenty fast enough to be a weapon in a Coen offense.

UK has other smallish slot receivers with speed, including Dekel Crowdus, Chauncey Magwood, Michael Drennen, DeMarcus Harris, and Akeem Hayes. Some of them are similar to Robinson, and Drennen might even have a higher ceiling. They were more than enough slot receivers for Eddie Gran's offense. But now that Coach Coen is here, the fundamental structure and objectives of our offense will change. Skill position players with speed will become bigger weapons for Coen. Some undergraduate players on UK's offense will leave during the offseason. There is room for Robinson, if this is where he wants to be. But until it is announced, don't forget what just happened with Bryan Hudson. There are no sure things in college sports, and that isn't Mark Stoops' fault. Expect Robinson to make a quick decision so he can enroll for the spring semester. If he procrastinates, that would not be a good sign for UK."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Spirit123
The jet sweep is a staple of Coen's offense and Wan'Dale is the ideal type of player to be running that play. He has to know he has a perfect situation waiting here for him.
If he did truly speak with Coen about how he might be used in the offense and that helped him make up his mind, then I think that’s a very good thing!

Done deal . . . or not. Seems like we still don't know.

I am pretty sure the sun will come up tomorrow and the earth will still keep spinning, one way or the other.

Purdue. Wilfong says 50/50. 🤦‍♂️
That changed in a hurry..... The other site has a free article up, said he already had an apartment in Lexington and was ready to move in. Hopefully Marrow and Coen can put his mind at ease about how he will be used. New QB for UK probably doesn't help either.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
ADVERTISEMENT