ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like our odds to land Carey may be improving.

I want Oscar T.... ... Carey doesnt have the motor or drive that Oscar has and I'll give up 1-2 inches and a wee little bit of talent for that massive heart and effort that Oscar T. has any day.. all day.
Yeah, dang, it's a shame we can't possibly take both, huh?

I want Oscar T.... ... Carey doesnt have the motor or drive that Oscar has and I'll give up 1-2 inches and a wee little bit of talent for that massive heart and effort that Oscar T. has any day.. all day.

I REALLY want Oscar as well. He’s very talented and will be an absolute unit wherever he goes (hopefully UK) but Carey is more than a “wee bit” better.

It’s like comparing Dontae Allen to Keldon Johnson.

Carey isn’t impossible for UK at all.

I’ve mentioned before, Dad was a pro-athlete and money will always talk at the end.

I just don’t see him as the Duke type. Kentucky is the far better option as far as big men go.

I think I agree with people above, Carey may be the most dominate big in college basketball next year.

If you're premium, David Sisk addressed this last night and an update from the Rivals national folks are coming today. Long story short, we would be surprised if this is the case at this point.

Link: Explained

It's way more than a little bit of talent.
Yeah.

It's always nice to downplay talent and talk up alleged character/motor/personality traits, until your team finds itself completely over-matched by someone else's talent.

UK needs an impact big man for next season. That would be Carey, not Tshwiebe, who looks like a less explosive version of Bam Adebayo to me. It's useful to be built like a brick wall and hustle, but that alone doesn't put 20 points on the scoreboard.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I have always believed that UK will get Carey & Wiseman. Most likely get a 3rd big as Richards will be gone after this year. Hopefully Cal can get them to commit in the fall.

Reactions: JC43
I would actually assume the opposite
You're not new to this UK thing, so why doubt Cal/UK's ability to put guys in the draft earlier than you'd expect? My feeling is that all UK freshmen are headed to the NBA until they have a press conference declaring otherwise. [thumb2]

Our entire frontcourt is going pro, so obviously we need Carey or Wiseman.

There will be shortsighted UK fans who hold out hope for Richards or EJ returning, but their hopes will be in vain. EJ is a lottery pick when the dust settles (next summer) and Richards is probably late first round due to his development.

Gotta get an elite big man.

There will be shortsighted UK fans who hold out hope for Richards or EJ returning, but their hopes will be in vain. EJ is a lottery pick when the dust settles (next summer) and Richards is probably late first round due to his development.

How about getting 2?

Corey Evans and one other.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like Duke be default option for some of the national recruiting gurus. Should be interesting with Capel gone. I think Duke gets Anthony and Antoine. Carey doesn't seem like a lock, however, especially when one considers Duke's lackluster development of bigs.

Yeah, I think it's possible Montgomery comes back, but I think he could be a First rounder or come back and be a top 10 pick type player. This is a pretty pivotal swing year for Duke and UK in recruiting, I think the winner of the Carey lotto will determine who is the better team next year.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like Duke be default option for some of the national recruiting gurus. Should be interesting with Capel gone. I think Duke gets Anthony and Antoine. Carey doesn't seem like a lock, however, especially when one considers Duke's lackluster development of bigs.

I think Anthony goes to UNC or Oregon. Duke has faded some

According to TJ Walker:

Folks, I think UK leads. There’s a quiet confidence from folks close to UK about Carey and I’m starting to hear whispers from AAU folks that think the Cats have moved to the front of his recruitment. There’s not much of an obvious relationship between Carey and Whitney, but during basketball camps over the weekend the two spent a good chunk of their free time together. Whitney has already started recruiting on UK’s behalf, and while that’s generally overblown, it doesn’t hurt.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/8/1...ruiting-update-vernon-carey-kentucky-wildcats
TJ's getting killed over on RR on the Sisk thread about Carney.

Carey. I didn't vouch for the voracity of the information, just passed along a post that was new to me at the time. Don't shoot the messenger.

Don’t sweat it. I like hearing everything. Hopefully we’re all adult enough to pick through the pieces and figure out what to trust and how much to trust it.

Don’t sweat it. I like hearing everything. Hopefully we’re all adult enough to pick through the pieces and figure out what to trust and how much to trust it.

Where are the percentages tho? Percentages MATTER.

I will feel a lot better when one of our insiders/ posters busts out the “Carey 60%UK/40%Duke.... or something along those line.

#percentlivesmatter

Reactions: Aike and BBUK

Duke is going to take James’ commitment so Anthony and Tre Jones have become mutually exclusive. No need to track Duke and Anthony unless Tre is leaving. More interesting to see if Hampton reclasses.
Carey is interesting because Duke is taking two bigs and they have stepped it up with Bacot. Assuming Stewart is in, hard imagine any room from Carey unless Bacot has committed to being a 3-4yr guy. He was strongly considering unc so maybe he is ok with that since 5 stars all stay 3yrs minimum in chapel hill.

If Duke doesn't get Anthony and Carey they are going to be way down next year.
Duke is going to take James’ commitment so Anthony and Tre Jones have become mutually exclusive. No need to track Duke and Anthony unless Tre is leaving. More interesting to see if Hampton reclasses.
Carey is interesting because Duke is taking two bigs and they have stepped it up with Bacot. Assuming Stewart is in, hard imagine any room from Carey unless Bacot has committed to being a 3-4yr guy. He was strongly considering unc so maybe he is ok with that since 5 stars all stay 3yrs minimum in chapel hill.
A lot going on in that post. Hey, if you guys are full up I guess we will take Anthony and Carey off your hands.

Next Year may be Rat Face's last year , if so let the slup fest begin and he would get to the final four playing five midgets starters and two more for back up !!

Some follow up with a few of these guys.

McDaniels is a fantastic talent but not sure he/UK are a fit. Friend in Vegas said he comes off as wanting to be THE man and nothing wrong with that, but not going to happen at UK. You have to fit in with other guys. Also interested if there is any carryover from he/Whitney getting into it. McDaniels got in his feelings a bit after game and didn't let it go, so never know if that has effect or not.

Hurt's dad informed local media that older brother's goal was to play at Minnesota where Matthew's goal is to make it to the NBA and play a long time. If that's not the early message to local fans that he's leaving, don't know what else he could say.

Hearing UK will keep Wiseman recruitment quiet as possible. Memphis is playing all their cards and doing any/everything to pressure the kid into committing.

Carey recruitment is feeling a lot like Knox recruitment to me. UK invested a lot of time in tracking Knox at games and everyone blew them off and then he picked them. Carey's only has 4 visits left too with him already using the Michigan State official. Will be fun to track where Cal/UK go once Sept visit period starts up.

Tshiebwe is the type of kid I'd like to see UK continue to add. Talent is never a question when this staff recruits, but love how they have adjusted to guys who are alpha male competitive. What's been missing IMO is the "I am going to kick your ass because I love to kick ass" not because of cameras, etc....and too many guys have had to been prodded to play hard, work on their games, etc....and then upset they aren't getting results. Coaches can only instruct/inform, they can't do it for you. The #1 adjustment by the Staff was making sure they are targeting better fits and not going off carbon copies of what worked in past. Oscar is the type who fits this adjustment.

Kofi Cockburn and Oak Hill are a great fit. Steve Smith and staff did a fantastic job with David McCormack the FR at Kansas and Cockburn chose them due to their development of making him a more agile/mobile player and getting his weight down.

Still hearing Scottie Lewis is reaching out to Staff and wants to be recruited hard. He's not worried about wings--but this would depend on who stays/goes at UK too. Lewis likely deciding early, so just don't see it happening but never know, Cal's known he/Antione a longtime and they used to workout with same trainer as Brad Calipari. Antione isn't going to UK and I doubt he takes/make his visit.

A lot of UK buzz around '20 big man N'Faly Dante. He's related to Chieck Diallo and Diallo wanted to go to Kentucky badly but as we know he had some issues and UK passed because of them. While KU was able to get Diallo to eventually play, UK feared he'd be ruled ineligible all year.

Hearing Jalen Suggs rumors of heading to a Prep School heating up around here and he's got to sit out a few weeks due to injury so will find out if he's at FB practices which started today for Fall Sports in MN. Know IMG/Montverde have reached out.

as always great post
i was thinking the Carey recruitment was very similar to Randle's recruitment
everyone had him going to KU and UK lead almost the entire time

i have always felt like Carey and Wiseman end up at UK

Reactions: JC43
as always great post
i was thinking the Carey recruitment was very similar to Randle's recruitment
everyone had him going to KU and UK lead almost the entire time

i have always felt like Carey and Wiseman end up at UK
UK led permanently for Randle after he met his future wife on a visit to UK. Which should have been a revelation for posters who always talk up the benefits of attending UK. You can win or lose a recruit who falls in love on a visit, none of the other factors will matter as much at that point. There are major factors that cannot be seen or quantified by fans or even coaches.

I hate to say it, but I'm over Wiseman. He was telling everyone he was going to Ky supposedly and now Memphis might be in the lead and his buddy same thing love Cal had posters of him growing up on my wall not going to Memphis. Then flip flop one from Jeffie or whatever. If they want to play in a crap conference for a coach with no real experience and goofball fans go ahead. If he comes here I will of course love him, but it is starting to stink and feel like he is Memphis bound. Therefore I am more than happy with Oscar who frankly embarrassed Wiseman and Carey. Those 2 and a Cockburn or another guy and we are rolling.

Some follow up with a few of these guys.

McDaniels is a fantastic talent but not sure he/UK are a fit. Friend in Vegas said he comes off as wanting to be THE man and nothing wrong with that, but not going to happen at UK. You have to fit in with other guys. Also interested if there is any carryover from he/Whitney getting into it. McDaniels got in his feelings a bit after game and didn't let it go, so never know if that has effect or not.

Hurt's dad informed local media that older brother's goal was to play at Minnesota where Matthew's goal is to make it to the NBA and play a long time. If that's not the early message to local fans that he's leaving, don't know what else he could say.

Hearing UK will keep Wiseman recruitment quiet as possible. Memphis is playing all their cards and doing any/everything to pressure the kid into committing.

Carey recruitment is feeling a lot like Knox recruitment to me. UK invested a lot of time in tracking Knox at games and everyone blew them off and then he picked them. Carey's only has 4 visits left too with him already using the Michigan State official. Will be fun to track where Cal/UK go once Sept visit period starts up.

Tshiebwe is the type of kid I'd like to see UK continue to add. Talent is never a question when this staff recruits, but love how they have adjusted to guys who are alpha male competitive. What's been missing IMO is the "I am going to kick your ass because I love to kick ass" not because of cameras, etc....and too many guys have had to been prodded to play hard, work on their games, etc....and then upset they aren't getting results. Coaches can only instruct/inform, they can't do it for you. The #1 adjustment by the Staff was making sure they are targeting better fits and not going off carbon copies of what worked in past. Oscar is the type who fits this adjustment.

Kofi Cockburn and Oak Hill are a great fit. Steve Smith and staff did a fantastic job with David McCormack the FR at Kansas and Cockburn chose them due to their development of making him a more agile/mobile player and getting his weight down.

Still hearing Scottie Lewis is reaching out to Staff and wants to be recruited hard. He's not worried about wings--but this would depend on who stays/goes at UK too. Lewis likely deciding early, so just don't see it happening but never know, Cal's known he/Antione a longtime and they used to workout with same trainer as Brad Calipari. Antione isn't going to UK and I doubt he takes/make his visit.

A lot of UK buzz around '20 big man N'Faly Dante. He's related to Chieck Diallo and Diallo wanted to go to Kentucky badly but as we know he had some issues and UK passed because of them. While KU was able to get Diallo to eventually play, UK feared he'd be ruled ineligible all year.

Hearing Jalen Suggs rumors of heading to a Prep School heating up around here and he's got to sit out a few weeks due to injury so will find out if he's at FB practices which started today for Fall Sports in MN. Know IMG/Montverde have reached out.
That sucks, McDaniels is the player I want most in this entire class.

A lot going on in that post. Hey, if you guys are full up I guess we will take Anthony and Carey off your hands.
Id be happy if you took Anthony if that means no unc. Bacot going to unc means we have room for Carey so we’ll hang in there

ADVERTISEMENT