ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry if already discussed....re: PJ flagrant

St.PatterSoN-54-

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Sorry, I didn't see any discussion on this. Didn't PJ have two flagrant fouls? First was the takedown in the first half (double flagrant - or was this just a double tech?), followed by the 'ghost' flagrant in the 2nd half.

I was glad to see he wasn't ejected, but came away curious as to how this was missed. Thoughts?

Someone said after the game that they called it a double flagrant on the TV broadcast but leach said on the radio it was just a normal double foul. Not sure exactly what happened though

PJ did the hook and hold thing that is supposed to be a flagrant this year. We got called for it in another game recently. He then kind of threw the defender back and the defender held on to PJ and pulled him down with him resulting in him getting one as well.

It shows up as a double flagrant foul in the plays. He ended up with 2 flagrant 1 fouls. I think people are thinking of the old rule about 2 technical fouls leading to an ejection. These weren't technical fouls and I don't know that there is a rule about a certain number of flagrant 1 fouls leading to an ejection. Flagrant 2 fouls I believe are immediate ejections.

ADVERTISEMENT