ADVERTISEMENT

Songs you have on your mind

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
You wake up and you are singing it getting ready, you are at work and it comes to mind again, you are working out and there it is again in your head. This thread is for the different songs that pop in your head from time to time. When that happens to you, you now have a place to drag this thread back up and post it.

Extra bonus points for folks who can tell you why it’s on your mind. Commercial from TV? Song from a movie? What triggered it?

Ok, so this morning I’m singing this:

Genesis:
And there's no reply at all,
There's no reply at all,
There's no reply at all,
No reply at all.

Is anybody listening - oh oh,
No reply at all..

For some reason, this is the most common offender, but it's also one of my favorites, so that's cool. The main part that gets played over and over in my head is the short guitar/drum break at 1:34 before "We could live ..." It's right up there with the sax solo in Careless Whisper in my top 10 parts of a song-I-hum-to-myself-too-much.

"singing" the horn sample from IMA BOSS.

Can't figure out what it's from, but it's definitely been around. One of the top "hardest" samples in the game. Feel like the 97 Bulls.

*meek mill sucks, glad he's in jail.

"Oh Well" First performed by Fleetwood Mac before Nicks & Buckingham joined. Tom Petty did a version and AC/DC stole a rift from it for "Beating Around the Bush". This version is my favorite.

Last edited:
The new Kit-Kat jingle

"Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks"

"Nausea heartburn indigestion upset stomach diarrhea"

Basically any commercial as my store has tv on all day every day.

Tis the season

My favorite line in any Christmas carol in this one
Leave him cookies and beer
He'll be back to your house first next year

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Very interdasting that you post this today. I had this girl back in the day, Middle school/HS that I was nutz for. She did just enough to keep my interest but never let me get the goods. Had this John Prine song going thru my head this morning for some reason

Any time someone mentions that it is their birthday (or someone else's birthday) this song always pops into my head instantaneously.

It is a cover of an Altered Images tune that was on the Sixteen Candles soundtrack...but I have kids...so this is the version that pops into my head...it was a cameo performance by the Ting Tings on the kid's show Yo Gabba Gabba.

Well because i was on the way to work,,,

"Touch with me and get some money."
"Touch with me and get some money."

G Easy / ASAP Rocky / Cardi B

Not crazy about the song, but that part sticks in your head.

No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me

All day.

Some days, it's one line from "Copperhead Road" over and over:

'Granddaddy ran whisky in a big black Dodge...'

No sugar tonight is a great call. It’s not one of my favorites or anything but once you hear it, it’s tough to not sing in your head for hours.

Reactions: FusterCluck
ADVERTISEMENT