ADVERTISEMENT

Some observations after re-watching Harvard game

Mime-Is-Money

All-SEC
Gold Member
May 29, 2002
Since we have a year before the next game, I had to re-watch the contest against Harvard to see if anything else popped out worth considering. A few notes that may or may not have been previously covered :

1) Outside of the early fouls, PJ Washington had a decent game. He had 3 nice passes on mini-breaks, 1 that led to a basket, the other two led to FTs. He was active on defense and was instrumental in keeping Lewis quiet in the 2nd half. But he just needs more time and confidence.

2) Not sure why people were bashing Bilas after the game, thought he was very complimentary of UK and did well speaking to the game. I loathe his alma mater just as much as the most ardent hater on this board, but Bilas was solid.

3) We're doing many more things right on offense and defense, we just lack that spark/energy to really smother teams. SGA and SKJ are our only energy guys, we need Diallo, Knox, Richards, and PJ to step up in this regard if we're going to be successful.

4) Diallo makes everything harder than it needs to be. Hopefully he listens to Cal to make the 'easy' play and I think he'll be rewarded. Granted, when he does make it difficult, most of the time it works.

5) We must, must, must continue to practice short pull up jumpers. We can shoot over anyone, this has to be exploited this season for success in the half court on offense.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I could barely watch it once. I'm glad you saw those positives on closer examination.

It was a 20 point game with 7 minutes left. The young guys just need to focus and close the game. Struggled to do it all year.

ADVERTISEMENT