ADVERTISEMENT

Some not so nice Arky fans....

Had about half dozen Arky fans I ran into after the game. I said "Great game, your team gave us all we wanted."
Not one of them said one word, a couple of the guys gave me the evil eye, lol. One of the women gave me a "disgusted" look.
Why can't people be gracious when their team loses? I was nice about it and complemented their team. I think, had I not been in uniform one of the men would have run their mouth.

I suppose all fan bases have their bad apples, but this bunch was just terrible, IMO.
Can't imagine me going to AR, watching us lose and then be OK with an AR fan getting in my afterward. I would want to be left alone. To me it would be like one of them telling me HA HA, we won, what about it? That's just me though. People are different.

Yet there was one poster living in Austin who argued last season that Arkansas fans were no worse than any others. I don't know how anyone that lives in the Southwest can say they're not that bad. Arkansas fans are right there with IU and UL fans.
I was walking out and getting flipped off, after they had already won the game. It was a horrible road trip. Followed them to Georgia three days later to watch them lose I think there too. Noel went down right after I planned it.

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
I went to the football game in 2007, we had Woodson and Co. they had Darren McFadden, et al, thought they could not have been nicer and we won the game

The ones who were around us in Sec 206 were great.

Funny story, we talked extensively about our struggles at kicker prior to the game and as it went on.

They turned around and high fived me after Ruffalo's FG....lol

Too bad it cannot be like that all the time with opposing fans. Sounds like a fun time in your section.

I was at the game vs. Arkansas in Little Rock in 1998. We had a 20-7 halftime lead and lost 27-20.

We were in a large group of teacher, one of whom was an assistant principal. When the game ended, an Arkansas fan came and got in his face and started screaming at him. He was a younger guy. The assistant principal darn near threw him over the railing and onto the field before some of our group grabbed him.

On the way down the ramp, another fan was obnoxiously yelling at me, "HOW 'BOUT THEM HAWGS!!!!!!" I looked at him calmly and said, "Great game. You guys deserved it." He gave me a bit of a confused look and responded with, "You guys have one heck of a quarterback." I thanked him and just kep on walking. :)

The ones I encountered were just jerks, IMO. I was raised that when someone speaks to you, you should have the decency, and civility, to reply.

Besides that, I was simply trying to be friendly; we're encouraged to be friendly to all visitors in order to put on the best face for the university.
In any event, I'm glad some of you encountered some good Arky fans. As someone else said, if you were facing having to drive back to Arkansas you'd be in a pissy mood as well, LMAO.
Regardless of your intent to be friendly and complimentary, it probably felt like you were acting superior. Put yourself in their shoes. Last year, how would you take it if you were leaving Neyland Stadium and a Tennessee fan said, "You guys gave us all we wanted."?

Had about half dozen Arky fans I ran into after the game. I said "Great game, your team gave us all we wanted."
Not one of them said one word, a couple of the guys gave me the evil eye, lol. One of the women gave me a "disgusted" look.
Why can't people be gracious when their team loses? I was nice about it and complemented their team. I think, had I not been in uniform one of the men would have run their mouth.

I suppose all fan bases have their bad apples, but this bunch was just terrible, IMO.
We have different definitions of terrible.

Dude don’t complain. I went to the AnM game last year and their fans were TRASH!
People spitting on the ground as we walked by, people yelling profanity from their cars as my wife and kids walked back to the car, guy directing traffic purposely gave us bad directions, and when we called them on it he said “I didn’t think people from Kentucky knew the difference...they do marry their cousins though” so shouted “don’t be jealous that your cousin thinks your ugly and stupid...she’s right” and he said “how rude”. Smh

college station and AnM fans are complete garbage!!

I’ll take a dirty look over anything those jerks do.

Ya I was surprised that a dumpster fire program had such jerk fans. The annoying ones snuck out so they couldn’t receive their laughter...it’s ok to cheer folks, it’s not ok to clap an additional 10 times to be a jerk.

UK has beaten Arkansas 4 out of the last 6 games.
Didn't know that. Since we play Arkansas so rarely I can only remember Saturday's game, the win over Petrino and Joker's debacle. The other 3 I don't remember at all.

We had two setting directly behind us. They were not obnoxious just not overtly friendly. Most fans are stupid and dont know who is the QB of the other team. One of the Ark fans said I dont know why they are so excited over a QB pass. The guys next to me turned around and said " because the guy playing QB for us is a Receiver that why!

Hogs fans are pretty bad and some of their former coach's..(IE) NOLAN RICHARDSON. I met him in Columbus Ohio at a NCAA tournament game had my UK GEAR ON. HE JUST THREW HIS HOTDOG WRAPPER IN TRASH CAN RIGHT BEFORE ME DURING HALFTIME. Didn't realize it was him until he turned around. I said Hey Nolan how are you? How is retirement treating you? He looked down at me and could tell he looked at my UK Jersey and just walked off not saying a word. I said to my cousin that was beside me " WHAT AN ASSHOLE". He wasn't even 3 feet away and I know he heard me.

Obviously not sure of your tone but this can sound a little condescending given the way his Arkansas tenure ended lol.

We've been so bad for so long in football now that fans are on edge about everything. We're 7 games away from breaking the record for most consecutive conference losses in SEC history, just eight years after we finished ranked #5 in the country. Fans are getting desperate and bashing Morris for everything including small stuff that doesn't have anything to do with football like how his family is still living in Dallas. Haven't gotten to the point of flying banners yet but if we go 2-10 again it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get another year.

Obviously not sure of your tone but this can sound a little condescending given the way his Arkansas tenure ended lol.

We've been so bad for so long in football now that fans are on edge about everything. We're 7 games away from breaking the record for most consecutive conference losses in SEC history, just eight years after we finished ranked #5 in the country. Fans are getting desperate and bashing Morris for everything including small stuff that doesn't have anything to do with football like how his family is still living in Dallas. Haven't gotten to the point of flying banners yet but if we go 2-10 again it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get another year.
I respect the old Arkansas traditions. Although the outcome wasn’t good, I enjoyed my time at WMS in LR in 1998. It’s really a classic throwback to the old SWConf days.

Also, credit where credit is due..Coach Frank Broyles (c 1964) was the one who said that if Kentucky wanted to be successful, they need to go and recruit Ohio hard. He was absolutely right.

I ran into a few of them last year in Fort Collins. Similar experience, but then no one likes to lose. Especially when you take the time and spend the money to follow your team on the road. Was Keeneland running? It’s October I’m sure it must have been. Maybe they also lost a lot on the horses. That would pretty much make the whole trip a fail wouldn’t it?

Being a past UK fan who traveled if you went to the road games where gambling was available and you expected to win both gambling and the game, you shouldn’t have gone. :)

I hate Florida.

Just needed to say that.
2 years ago, after we got beat by one f@#$ing point by Florida, the four of us went to Tolly-Ho to have a post game meal. Some idiot Gator fans came by and did the gator chomp arm thing in the front window. They never came inside, I think they realized that it would be a hostile environment for them.

ADVERTISEMENT