ADVERTISEMENT

Some not so nice Arky fans....

wildcatwelder

All-American
Jul 28, 2006
Had about half dozen Arky fans I ran into after the game. I said "Great game, your team gave us all we wanted."
Not one of them said one word, a couple of the guys gave me the evil eye, lol. One of the women gave me a "disgusted" look.
Why can't people be gracious when their team loses? I was nice about it and complemented their team. I think, had I not been in uniform one of the men would have run their mouth.

I suppose all fan bases have their bad apples, but this bunch was just terrible, IMO.

This win feels great for 3 reasons..

1.) We're back to .500 and ended a 3 game losing streak.

2.) Huge win for Jared Lorenzen !

3.) Revenge in heartbreaking fashion (for Arkansas and their fans) for that embarrassing beat down they gave us in Arkansas back in the Joker days..I think it was 2011 or 2012. The loss where I believe Joker was quoted as saying "the team was hungry" as in literally hungry like they hadn't eat anything all day. God, that was embarrassing.

images

Three different groups of two or three Arkansas fans said good game or great game and high fived me on the way out of the stadium.
Every fan base has its ditch pigs AND decent fans. Us included. Glad u met sum good ones and I hope our fans provided them with a fun game environment. They spent their money to be here just like our fans do to travel.

The ones I encountered were just jerks, IMO. I was raised that when someone speaks to you, you should have the decency, and civility, to reply.

Besides that, I was simply trying to be friendly; we're encouraged to be friendly to all visitors in order to put on the best face for the university.
In any event, I'm glad some of you encountered some good Arky fans. As someone else said, if you were facing having to drive back to Arkansas you'd be in a pissy mood as well, LMAO.

I ran into a few of them last year in Fort Collins. Similar experience, but then no one likes to lose. Especially when you take the time and spend the money to follow your team on the road. Was Keeneland running? It’s October I’m sure it must have been. Maybe they also lost a lot on the horses. That would pretty much make the whole trip a fail wouldn’t it?

I never understand feeling the need to speak to opposing fans after they just lost a tough game. I know when our group goes on the road in football or basketball and UK loses, all of us are in a BAD MOOD. So I try to cut the opposing fans some slack after a loss and ONLY speak to those that initiate a conversation.

The best time to speak to opposing fans is before the game, not after they have lost to us.

I never understand feeling the need to speak to opposing fans after they just lost a tough game. I know when our group goes on the road in football or basketball and UK loses, all of us are in a BAD MOOD. So I try to cut the opposing fans some slack after a loss and ONLY speak to those that initiate a conversation.

The best time to speak to opposing fans is before the game, not after they have lost to us.
I actually agree with you Ben. I normally would not say anything to them, but when I met them they, and myself, were the only ones in the room. They entered an area I was already in and no one else was around. Being a very visible representative of UK, I felt it incumbent to say hello and that it was a great game, and that their team had given UK a real test.

Had I been just a fan exiting the game I would not have said anything to them because, as you said, when your team loses your already in a foul mood, and add in the fact you're on your opponents home turf and just want to get in your car and leave.

Reactions: catben
I actually agree with you Ben. I normally would not say anything to them, but when I met them they, and myself, were the only ones in the room. They entered an area I was already in and no one else was around. Being a very visible representative of UK, I felt it incumbent to say hello and that it was a great game, and that their team had given UK a real test.

Had I been just a fan exiting the game I would not have said anything to them because, as you said, when your team loses your already in a foul mood, and add in the fact you're on your opponents home turf and just want to get in your car and leave.

Oh, I understand and didn't mean this for you, just speaking in general. However, I do enjoy giving Card or Vol fans heck ANYWHERE and ANYTIME!!:D They are the WORST!!

Hogs fans are pretty bad and some of their former coach's..(IE) NOLAN RICHARDSON. I met him in Columbus Ohio at a NCAA tournament game had my UK GEAR ON. HE JUST THREW HIS HOTDOG WRAPPER IN TRASH CAN RIGHT BEFORE ME DURING HALFTIME. Didn't realize it was him until he turned around. I said Hey Nolan how are you? How is retirement treating you? He looked down at me and could tell he looked at my UK Jersey and just walked off not saying a word. I said to my cousin that was beside me " WHAT AN ASSHOLE". He wasn't even 3 feet away and I know he heard me.

The Arky free board is a ghost town, and while I’m certainly not a paying member, you can read the thread titles on their premium board and tell that Hog fans are just about done with the Chad Morris era. I would assume he’ll get another year but if he doesn’t show some real improvement between now and then he won’t get a fourth year. Kinda Iike Joker, although in Chad’s defense he truly inherited a dumpster fire and so far hasn’t put out the fire yet.

Went to a basketball game there the year we had Archie. They are the worst.
Yet there was one poster living in Austin who argued last season that Arkansas fans were no worse than any others. I don't know how anyone that lives in the Southwest can say they're not that bad. Arkansas fans are right there with IU and UL fans.

Anyone remember that game with Joker that we went to their house and were down like eventy billion pts at halftime and it rained, so we were delayed, and we just never came back out and they called the game? Lol that was sum shit ya don’t see everyday. Everyone said we went to go have sum ice cream. Just terrible.
I sure as hell do. That was the game where I knew I was 100% done with Joker as our coach. Everyone had their Billy Gillispie moment where that bulb went off.....that Arkansas game where we just forfeited in the 3rd rather than wait the rain and finish.....I said to hell with this guy. Im done.

Outside the pickup truck guy who tried to run me off the road traveling to Fayetteville on a country road with me flying a UK car flag years back, they're fine.

Reactions: BigTyrone
The ones I encountered were just jerks, IMO. I was raised that when someone speaks to you, you should have the decency, and civility, to reply.

Besides that, I was simply trying to be friendly; we're encouraged to be friendly to all visitors in order to put on the best face for the university.
In any event, I'm glad some of you encountered some good Arky fans. As someone else said, if you were facing having to drive back to Arkansas you'd be in a pissy mood as well, LMAO.
I ran into one as I was leaving work one day while wearing my UK hat. He was a contractor doing some work outside and when he saw my hat remarked, "I knew there was a reason that I didn't like you". I just told him that some people are not as fortunate as others. End of conversation.

Outside the pickup truck guy who tried to run me off the road traveling to Fayetteville on a country road with me flying a UK car flag years back, they're fine.
They were only misunderstood and probably had an abused childhood.

Almost as nice as our fans publicly shitting on a team’s entire city after going there and taking an L.

ADVERTISEMENT