ADVERTISEMENT

Some Love for Mark Stoops

I would add Bronco Mendenhall (UVA/BYU), Gary Patterson (TCU) and Rocky Long (San Diego State/New Mexico) to the list of underrated coaches.

Coach Stoops came here with a vision. He just needed the fans and administrators to give him enough time to build his vision. He is well on his way to making UK what we all thought it could be. The foundation is there. 2018 proved he can do it. Just keep building brick by brick coach. We are behind you.

Finally credit is being given where credit is due. CMS from the beginning had a plan and has worked that plan beautifully. He was sold that he could and would be successful. I think he understood the timing was right with UK's administration to move forward and he sold his master plan to them hook line and sinker. I know fans that 10 years ago would give UK football a second thought. Thank you CMS and your great staff for all the hard work. It's your baby now just watch it grow.

He deserves any credit he gets and then some. Unlike most, he started his head coaching career at an SEC school, thrown into the fire from the get go. Yes, he has made in game mistakes, as all first time coaches do. But it’s magnified when you are playing against the best almost every week. He has really come a long way, in part by building a good staff around him. Hope we can keep him for a long time, the big boys will be calling in the future.

Yeah, the low buyout still has me a bit worried. It’s as though Stoops told Barnhardt that he would not seriously consider leaving unless School X called, and that if they called, he was gone, and wanted a small buyout only for that one school.

Florida State was obviously not “School X.”

Notre Dame, Ohio State and Iowa are the obvious candidates, now that FSU swung and missed.

That article contains video highlights from last season's UK-Arkansas game and the roar of the crowd is just a wonderful thing to hear right now.

ADVERTISEMENT