ADVERTISEMENT

Softball team got hosed in seeding NCAA

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
The UK Softball team finished 4th for seeding the SEC Tournament. Two SEC teams that were seeded lower than UK in the SEC tournament were national seeds: Florida and Missouri. Florida beat UK in the tournament and had the same record so that one makes sense. Missouri had a good run in the SEC tournament so that one also makes sense. My problem is with the regional UK got put in. 4 SEC teams that finished lower than Kentucky were placed in regionals whose top seed is lower than the one UK was put in. Also, UK was put in one where they already played and lost to the host. I'd bet that no other team was picked for that type of honor. Texas A&M got #1 and Mississippi State got the #2 seed. UK got the #3 seed, Virginia Tech which UK lost to 1-6 in the first weekend. LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Auburn finished lower than UK but are playing seeds lower than UK's (#8, #12, #5, and #10 respectively).

No sense to it. Well it is what it is. Cats first game is against Miami Oh who beat us early so they have to get out of the gate ready and focused.

Have a very good team just have to get the pitching!

No sense to it. Well it is what it is. Cats first game is against Miami Oh who beat us early so they have to get out of the gate ready and focused.

Have a very good team just have to get the pitching!
I didn't even notice Miami (OH) also beat us. The seeding committee has something against UK. I wonder what the angle is on Saint Francis (PA). Surely there is an angle there too.

3 run clutch home run in 7th inning lifts UK softball over #3 Va Tech 5-4 and into Elite 8.

They still have to win one more before they get to next round. Whoever they play would have to win twice over UK to advance.
Lost to VA Tech 9-2 in first regional final game. So winner of 2nd game wins Regional and advances on. Hope UK can pull out the big bats. Just don’t know if they can overcome pitching.

Lost to VA Tech 9-2 in first regional final game. So winner of 2nd game wins Regional and advances on. Hope UK can pull out the big bats. Just don’t know if they can overcome pitching.
Unfortunately lost 2nd game 5-4 to VA Tech. Nice effort but just a bit short. Lawson definitely has the program at a high level.

Unfortunately lost 2nd game 5-4 to VA Tech. Nice effort but just a bit short. Lawson definitely has the program at a high level.
Yes, but IMO, to get to the next level, they need a couple go to pitchers. Our pitching was just not reliable against the upper echelon teams.

I wasn’t impressed with VTech as a 3 national seed. Kentucky beat themselves with untimely walks and mistakes. Tried to hit every ball out of the park

Reactions: Jeff12wb
ADVERTISEMENT