ADVERTISEMENT

So that's six L's out of our last nine and now LOSING conference record...

Estil

Sophomore
Mar 3, 2011
Think it's now time for me to do what I haven't done since 2013? I think so...

*puts paper sack with eye holes over my head* :(

Reactions: - Keyser Soze -
At this rate we'll be lucky if we even make the NCAA's at all :( I mean we do still have five games left plus the SEC's...but right now we haven't hit this rock bottom since 2013. :( We should be embarrassed and ashamed of ourselves... :(

At this rate we'll be lucky if we even make the NCAA's at all :( I mean we do still have five games left plus the SEC's...but right now we haven't hit this rock bottom since 2013. :( We should be embarrassed and ashamed of ourselves... :(
What do you mean 'we?" What number is your jersey again?

Reactions: ruppslegacy1
I’d be embarrassed to watch this sorry team in the final four the way they are playing.

What's that? Ah - Final Four!?!? Don't talk about - Final Four? You kidding me? Final Four? I just hope we can win some games! I just hope we can still make the NCAA's and not make a complete fool of ourselves!!

Pretty pathetic stretch. But, it is what it is at this point. Just not a good team who may squeak into the NCAA tourney and probably get bounced the first weekend.

Don't put it on your head, breathe into it.

Last I checked the paper sack with eye holes over the head is the universal symbol for fans of a team that, to put it bluntly, sucks.

Or as my generation (born 1980) would say, WE BITE.

But each one of them is just one game. We should relax and enjoy the ride. Just imagine for some of these guys their dreams are about to come true!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a prior UK team that's lost 4 straight games?
Saw somewhere last night that it was BCG in 2009 and I think South Carolina was the 4th straight loss. Didn't verify it as I assumed the person knew what they were talking about.

People keep saying maybe this year will be the one Cal finally learns from his mistakes and tries to get some returnees for a core, but lest we forget he said the same thing in 2013 and has let it happen again. What's worse is it's highly likely we'll still see 3-4 of these kids leave for the 2018 draft, even though barely one of them is even ready (Knox) to do anything in the D-league. The only thing he's held strong on commitment-wise is the no more platooning. But that's an easy one to follow through on given K has been outrunning Cal in getting the top 10 5-star recruits.

Anyone notice the graphic on "One and done" at Puke last night during their game? Suddenly the one and done is just awesome when K and Duke do it, but before that, and even currently with Cal, it's just a horrible thing for the school and college ball in general. Except of course K and Puke.

19e.jpg

Saw somewhere last night that it was BCG in 2009 and I think South Carolina was the 4th straight loss. Didn't verify it as I assumed the person knew what they were talking about.

People keep saying maybe this year will be the one Cal finally learns from his mistakes and tries to get some returnees for a core, but lest we forget he said the same thing in 2013 and has let it happen again. What's worse is it's highly likely we'll still see 3-4 of these kids leave for the 2018 draft, even though barely one of them is even ready (Knox) to do anything in the D-league. The only thing he's held strong on commitment-wise is the no more platooning. But that's an easy one to follow through on given K has been outrunning Cal in getting the top 10 5-star recruits.

Anyone notice the graphic on "One and done" at Puke last night during their game? Suddenly the one and done is just awesome when K and Duke do it, but before that, and even currently with Cal, it's just a horrible thing for the school and college ball in general. Except of course K and Puke.
There will be plenty of players return next year and I am confident it will be an outstanding team. But the story isn’t finished on this team yet.

Does anyone know of a prior UK team that's lost 4 straight games?

Lost 4 in a row in 07-08 - BCG
Lost 4 in a row in 08-09 - BCG
Lost 5 in a row in 89-90 - Pitino
Lost 6 in a row in 88-89 - Sutton
Lost 4 in a row in 84-85 - Hall
Lost 4 in a row in 73-74 - Hall

Rupp never lost 4 in a row...remarkable.

Agree. When you emotionally and financially support something, you can damn sure say we.

If there are no fans, then there is no team.

I didn’t think I would need to explain it to these assholes who criticize someone for saying we.
I guess I underestimated their stupidity.
Without the fans, Alumni and past and present students there is no team so yes we can say "We"

What do you mean 'we?" What number is your jersey again?

I think what they are saying 'we" as BBN and that is considered "we" and that would include Me. This team has not played to its full potential all year and it's getting a little late to start. We will have a horrible seed if and that's a huge if we get to the tournament.

Why should we be ashamed of ourselves? I haven't been the one who hasn't listened to Cal. Maybe you should be for posting crap like this. If you knew anything, rock bottom, as you call it, in 2013 was because Noel blew out his knee. That team was just starting to learn Cal's system when it happened. Otherwise, that team would have gone to the NCAA and probably went to the second weekend. This team is not playing well, but I am a UK fan, and I am proud of our history and I am not ashamed to be a fan. You have obviously been spoiled by Cal, enough to forget the 4 final fours in 6 years, and think we are above having a down year. Well, it happens, and if you are embarrassed by that then maybe you should find a new team to be a fan of. UL needs you, and come to think of it, they deserve you. And, you know what, you can genuinely be embarrassed being a UL fan.

Neither did Smith. Of course Rupp coached three times as many games as Smith did.
Yep. 42 years and never a 4 game losing streak. Wooden lost 4 games in a row twice at UCLA. Dean Smith did it 3 times at UNC. Coach K did it 6 times at Duke.

Reactions: Chuckinden
YOU need to get over the 'we' stuff. I and any other fan has the full right to say 'we' when referring to UK athletics, regardless of playing or not.

Just ignore those smart asses. We are called Big Blue Nation for a reason.

Yep. 42 years and never a 4 game losing streak. Wooden lost 4 games in a row twice at UCLA. Dean Smith did it 3 times at UNC. Coach K did it 6 times at Duke.

And never a losing record either. They did come dangerously close in 1967...what exactly went wrong in that year?

Lost 4 in a row in 07-08 - BCG
Lost 4 in a row in 08-09 - BCG
Lost 5 in a row in 89-90 - Pitino
Lost 6 in a row in 88-89 - Sutton
Lost 4 in a row in 84-85 - Hall
Lost 4 in a row in 73-74 - Hall

Rupp never lost 4 in a row...remarkable.
Thanks for the research.

ADVERTISEMENT