ADVERTISEMENT

So, both teams in the championship gave bogus classes

Well, looks like Gonzaga is trying to go the UNC/fake class route:

Imagine if UK had a class for only basketball players with Prof. Cal? With this, proof of UNC's fake classes, and dook players graduating in 3 years (something even the brightest students can't do), it makes you wonder just how many programs are cheating out there.

It's uncanny how anytime there's a post that lays out UNC talking points or tries to argue the nonsense they come up with, you're the one who is posting it.

Check out the NCAA notation below.....UNCheat is getting the "benefit" of the NCAA's obligation.....Why not?!?!!!??

Walter Byerz ‏@WalterByerz
Once enrolled by athletics personnel, the Zags BB team gets 8 degree credit hrs for "classes" (practice & lifting) taught by Coach Mark Few.

C-AvKioWAAAS39I.jpg

12:51 AM - 22 Apr 2017
4 replies51 retweets65 likes

8_National_Championship_Banners_normal.jpg
Tweet text

1. Tal Link‏@talunc 6h6 hours ago
    Replying to @WalterByerz
    90% of students that took independent study classes @ unc took 1 for three hours credit after writing a 20 page paper

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

2. dtgoulet‏@dtgoulet 10h10 hours ago
    Replying to @WalterByerz
    @GregSankey remember this paragraph? @NCAA going to be busy.

C-Axg8EXoAAbiCq.jpg

0 replies2 retweets6 likes

3. The Sr.‏@afloyd66 1h1 hour ago
    Replying to @WalterByerz
    Wonder if Few gave anyone a grade other than "A"?

0 replies0 retweets0 likes
  4. AlohaCat

Your skills at deflection need some work. That's not the point I was making and you know it.

Ok then, what point were you making? Sorry for being too dumb to comprehend. Just don't understand why you always come to the defense of every other program except for UNC. It makes you look like an abc fan, which I guess is fine. However, I think all cheaters should be hammered, not just unc. If you don't want to see the zags punished for their fake classes then don't click the thread. No need to try to deflect away from their cheating. You remind me of your side-kick (preacherfan) who literally said a few days ago that sexual assault was not as bad to him as fake classes. It's amazing the levels some will go.

Ok then, what point were you making? Sorry for being too dumb to comprehend. Just don't understand why you always come to the defense of every other program except for UNC. It makes you look like an abc fan, which I guess is fine. However, I think all cheaters should be hammered, not just unc. If you don't want to see the zags punished for their fake classes then don't click the thread. No need to try to deflect away from their cheating. You remind me of your side-kick (preacherfan) who literally said a few days ago that sexual assault was not as bad to him as fake classes. It's amazing the levels some will go.

Please list the defenses I have made of other programs. If you are going to make that assertion, have the courtesy and guts to back it up.

As to my intent, your OP was not about punishing Gonzaga. It was your attempt to try and support the narrative that UNC is being unfairly treated. As has been the case with the series of passive aggressive defenses of UNC that you have been making.

Imagine if UK had a class for only basketball players with Prof. Cal? With this, proof of UNC's fake classes, and dook players graduating in 3 years (something even the brightest students can't do), it makes you wonder just how many programs are cheating out there.
Why are you so defensive about UNC? I mean you have a UK handle, you're posting on a UK board yet the majority of your posts are dedicated to UNC in some fashion or another. The jigs up troll. You're not even good at it. Nobody cares what's happening at other programs at this moment. If others are taking shortcuts, the NCAA will eventually get them. UNC is on the clock now and your uneasiness is apparent in your posting pattern and content. I kinda hope the mods let you stick around so we can see you squirm. It's quite comical.

Why are you so defensive about UNC? I mean you have a UK handle, you're posting on a UK board yet the majority of your posts are dedicated to UNC in some fashion or another. The jigs up troll. You're not even good at it. Nobody cares what's happening at other programs at this moment. If others are taking shortcuts, the NCAA will eventually get them. UNC is on the clock now and your uneasiness is apparent in your posting pattern and content. I kinda hope the mods let you stick around so we can see you squirm. It's quite comical.

What are you talking about? I critical of all programs that cheat. It's some around here that don't want to talk about anyone else cheating, only unc. That is hypocritical. UNC cheated, so did Gonzaga, so did Dook, and many others. They should all be punished. Sorry for not wanting only unc to get their punishment.

He's 100% a UNC fan.

Obvious. No one in their right mind (other than a delusional Tar Heel fan) would actually read, much less repost the drivel from Walter Byerz.

As for Gonzaga, I don't see that as a big deal. It's a 1-hour PE class in the department of Physical Education. A lot of schools have PE requirements. Doing a quick search of Gonzaga's degree requirements, they list various 'activity' classes which can be taken for credit, but they're limited to 8 activity credits which can be counted toward a degree. From the following page:

No more than eight (8) activity credits can be counted toward a baccalaureate degree.

The following courses, which may be repeated, are designated as activity courses: Journalism (JOUR): 220 & 230; Music (MUSC): 131A-131Z, 143-154, 156, 331A-331Z; Theatre Arts (THEA): 124-130, 224, 230, 260-261, 320- 323; Physical Education (EDPE): 101-188

Link To Gonzaga Degree Requirements

If Gonzaga chooses to have their athletes use their allowance of activity classes for weight lifting that seems to be a pretty smart way to set up an athletes schedule to make the most of their time.

It's not like UNC where 'classes' were set up by a secretary, many claimed to be 3-hour lecture classes which actually weren't, and for which there is little to no evidence of any structure or real requirements, and for which athletics counselors relied on to keep player eligible.

What are you talking about? I critical of all programs that cheat. It's some around here that don't want to talk about anyone else cheating, only unc. That is hypocritical. UNC cheated, so did Gonzaga, so did Dook, and many others. They should all be punished. Sorry for not wanting only unc to get their punishment.

You love saying DOOK because you are a UNC fan!! J/K. I have no dog in this fight.

When I was in high school, I played basketball, so I was allowed to take PE II. That was one of the requirements. Non athletes couldn't take it, but they knew and understood that rule. May be a similar situation.

In UNC's situation, AFAM (among other depts) was not designated that way in the course catalog.

I am not 100% sure if there is a clause in the manual for this type of scenario.

Obvious. No one in their right mind (other than a delusional Tar Heel fan) would actually read, much less repost the drivel from Walter Byerz.

As for Gonzaga, I don't see that as a big deal. It's a 1-hour PE class in the department of Physical Education. A lot of schools have PE requirements. Doing a quick search of Gonzaga's degree requirements, they list various 'activity' classes which can be taken for credit, but they're limited to 8 activity credits which can be counted toward a degree. From the following page:

No more than eight (8) activity credits can be counted toward a baccalaureate degree.

The following courses, which may be repeated, are designated as activity courses: Journalism (JOUR): 220 & 230; Music (MUSC): 131A-131Z, 143-154, 156, 331A-331Z; Theatre Arts (THEA): 124-130, 224, 230, 260-261, 320- 323; Physical Education (EDPE): 101-188

If Gonzaga chooses to have their athletes use their allowance of activity classes for weight lifting that seems to be a pretty smart way to set up an athletes schedule to make the most of their time.

It's not like UNC where 'classes' were set up by a secretary, many claimed to be 3-hour lecture classes which actually weren't, and for which there is little to no evidence of any structure or real requirements, and for which athletics counselors relied on to keep player eligible.
I would bet money on Walter Byerz being a paid UNC PR guy.

Reactions: Montana81
Please list the defenses I have made of other programs. If you are going to make that assertion, have the courtesy and guts to back it up.

As to my intent, your OP was not about punishing Gonzaga. It was your attempt to try and support the narrative that UNC is being unfairly treated. As has been the case with the series of passive aggressive defenses of UNC that you have been making.
But UNC is being unfairly treated. It's unfair to college basketball that they still haven't been treated with a punishment.

I wonder how long this guy keeps posting here. Everyone knows he's trolling and yet he still acts like the mask hasn't been taken off...

It's kinda like if Batman was real and someone took off his mask and said, "*GASP!* you're Bruce Wayne" and Batman just stood there screaming "No I'm not! Im the Batman!" Terrible metaphor... but I tried...

So what punishment do you think UNC should get for 20+ years of academic fraud to keep athletes academically eligible, hundreds of unauthorized grade changes to keep athletes academically eligible, the Wheels for Heels program, and all the impermissible benefits PJ Hairston got?

I would bet money on Walter Byerz being a paid UNC PR guy.

Whether he is or not, I don't know.

But I do believe that the constant personal attacks and vitriol he's made against NCAA personnel certainly won't endear him (or ultimately UNC) to their case.

The best case scenario is that the NCAA either doesn't see or simply ignores his tweets. The worst case is they take notice and choose to hammer UNC harder.

Yet another in a long string of ill-advised steps taken by an amazingly arrogant, self-entitled and tone-deaf fan base and administration.

OP needs the ban hammer. He's started way too many baiting posts. He's not satisfied that UNC has been given the opportunity to play for NCAA championships when they shouldn't , now he feels like we stupid UK fans will agree with his narrative that everybody cheats why punish UNC. It's been the going narrative from the heels since this came about. Funny I don't remember that argument when UK got busted.

Whether he is or not, I don't know.

But I do believe that the constant personal attacks and vitriol he's made against NCAA personnel certainly won't endear him (or ultimately UNC) to their case.

The best case scenario is that the NCAA either doesn't see or simply ignores his tweets. The worst case is they take notice and choose to hammer UNC harder.

Yet another in a long string of ill-advised steps taken by an amazingly arrogant, self-entitled and tone-deaf fan base and administration.
I wouldn't be shocked if it is Jay Bilas

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
So, you only want to punish unc for cheating? All those other programs can keep cheating?
You stinking idiot. Most of us would just like to see UNC*****, the biggest cheaters ever, even punished at all. Most of us believe that money and power will let the cheaters get away with their cheating. You support a University with 0 integrity. Probably, because you also have 0 integrity. How else can you justify that level of cheating? Get lost... #UNCCHEATS and #NCAAisCORRUPT. You should have your id banned and only be allowed to post here if you have "cheater support" as your moniker.

Just for some clarification on what the OP posted, this is 100% legal for schools that offer either a PE requirement or PE classes that you can take as electives. Gonzaga is completely following the rules here.

Just for some clarification on what the OP posted, this is 100% legal for schools that offer either a PE requirement or PE classes that you can take as electives. Gonzaga is completely following the rules here.

Exactly! It is completely on the up and up. The university is well aware of the classes and how they are taught, etc. This is NOTHING like the UNC case where a secretary was running fake classes. BTW, I ran track in college and received college credit in the PE department. And, we were anything but a diploma mill like UNC was and is.

Reactions: c1doc
Exactly! It is completely on the up and up. The university is well aware of the classes and how they are taught, etc. This is NOTHING like the UNC case where a secretary was running fake classes. BTW, I ran track in college and received college credit in the PE department. And, we were anything but a diploma mill like UNC was and is.
Yep, I signed off on many independent study classes for athletes at my previous jobs working with the strength and conditioning coaches.

Can't believe this is a thread. Lmfao

[roll]at the OP. This is as good as the thread in which one of his other aliases claimed that colleges don't require attendance. We had grads from a number of highly academic schools chime in to the contrary and the OP ended up looking stupid as he does in this thread. Comedic gold!!![laughing]

Georgia did this about 10 years ago and the ncaa came down hard on them.

Dean?...Roy?....is that you?

Reactions: crpoore
Georgia did this about 10 years ago and the ncaa came down hard on them.

The NCAA came down hard on Georgia because players received A's despite not attending classes (and if the Final Exam was indicative of the course material, the course was a joke.)

The fact that the assistant coach (Jim Harrick Jr.) taught the course, or that the course was about basketball, in and of itself doesnt make the course fraudulent.

I've mentioned this before, but it's a shame that this happened because I've long thought that one could put together some pretty useful and interesting courses set around the game of basketball (history, business. Statistics, coaching schemes etc.)

In fact UNC once used to have a lecture class on the history of UNC basketball taught by former UNC coach Ben Carnevale. That's the type of class I'd have loved to take in college, or even after college.

It's a shame that the Harricks made it so much harder for schools to accept such classes, which certainly can be legitimate classes if done correctly.

Reactions: preacherfan

This, I received 6 credit hours at WKU for weight lifting and billiards because of a required PE requirement. The grades were based strictly on participation. Not nearly the same as what UNC did. You can argue that Few shouldn't be involved, but other than that, no big deal in my book.

Reactions: preacherfan
I received credit for strength and conditioning in college for sports with a coach listed as the instructor. UNC set up fake classes around entire programs. Colleges have lost accreditation or been shut down for much less.

I received PE credits in college for basketball, golf, and weight lifting with coaches as instructors.

I remember others took bowling, tennis, etc....i think they all can be substituted and used for PE credit requirements. Not sure much to see here and no comparison to UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT