ADVERTISEMENT

So after the draft...

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
What team or teams have improved the most, and which team with at least one UK player will win the most games next year? PJ Carlesimo was on espn the other day and he said the next team to rise to the top in the East is Toronto. Have to say I really don't see that.

I think a lot of teams really helped themselves. Philadelphia, Sacramento and Minnesota stand out to me. I wish New Orleans could have added a third piece.

Sadly, Boston did almost nothing but hurt themselves with their trade, non trade, and #3 pick. I know many give Ainge accolades but I think he really muffed it this time unless he comes up with something big in free agency this summer. Stockpiling lots of future picks but doesn't seem to accomplish much with them when they come up.

What team or teams have improved the most, and which team with at least one UK player will win the most games next year? PJ Carlesimo was on espn the other day and he said the next team to rise to the top in the East is Toronto. Have to say I really don't see that.

I think a lot of teams really helped themselves. Philadelphia, Sacramento and Minnesota stand out to me. I wish New Orleans could have added a third piece.

Totally off topic but did you use to have a username that was evilblueballs666?

Sadly, Boston did almost nothing but hurt themselves with their trade, non trade, and #3 pick. I know many give Ainge accolades but I think he really muffed it this time unless he comes up with something big in free agency this summer. Stockpiling lots of future picks but doesn't seem to accomplish much with them when they come up.
He's getting ready to get a couple this year

I disagree. I think there was little difference in the top 5 guys. They still got one of those, + a pick next year that will probably be in the 10-20 range. As much as we all hate Duke & their players, I think Tatum will be one of the better Duke players in the NBA. And I don't think Fultz will be all-that, in fact I think Fox, Ball and Smith will all be better PGs.

Boston added a solid player with high end potential at a position of need on a team that was already #1 in the East last season. Although he's a dookie, I think the Tatum pickup was an excellent pick, I don't fault what they did at all trading down to the 3rd pick.

Reactions: BBNJWade
I could see Tatum becoming a pretty good player in the league. With his skillset, size and shooting touch, no reason not to expect the dude to average 18 ppg when he is playing at his best. The Celtics are a good team and with their coach, you should expect Tatum to get the most out of his talent.

Reactions: BBNJWade
I disagree. I think there was little difference in the top 5 guys. They still got one of those, + a pick next year that will probably be in the 10-20 range. As much as we all hate Duke & their players, I think Tatum will be one of the better Duke players in the NBA. And I don't think Fultz will be all-that, in fact I think Fox, Ball and Smith will all be better PGs.
I agree with you.

Boston will be the team to beat in the East next season, and many seasons after.

Reactions: crpoore
ADVERTISEMENT