ADVERTISEMENT

SKJ's transcript es no bueno

You know when UK sent out transcripts but you can't find out what kind of classes he took.........BS!

It's not a contradiction that one would know the former but not the latter. Players who transfer need their transcript sent to their considered schools once Spring Semester grades are posted in May. But privacy laws prevent public disclosure of the transcripts' content.

I don't know if what the OP says is true, but what he's saying IS logical. If schools are pulling offers and cancelling visits right after Spring Semester ends, it's probably because of bad news on the transcript.

Last edited:
Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
FERPA would prevent this information from being available. OP is just taking a shot in the dark. Maybe they pulled it because he told them he is going elsewhere.

Again, shot in the dark or some school will be in major trouble.

Or some “insider” is going to get a school in trouble. Lol probably not the latter.

Carolina is backing off because they don't want to lose a hometown kid twice. If he wanted to go to Chapel Hill, they would take him.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Still doesnt make sense. SKJ would have 2 summer sessions, fall semester, spring semester, then 2 more summer sessions to catch up and be eligible.

FERPA would prevent this information from being available. OP is just taking a shot in the dark. Maybe they pulled it because he told them he is going elsewhere.

Again, shot in the dark or some school will be in major trouble.

Or some “insider” is going to get a school in trouble. Lol probably not the latter.

FERPA prevents the transcript from being posted publicly.

FERPA does not prevent premium sites from reporting that Pitt cancelled the OV and UNC pulled the scholarship offer after they received the transcript.

Reactions: UK90 and kb22stang
IMO this is the kind of thread that should be deleted and the OP banned for a week or two. The OP's thread title doesn't say "may be no bueno" or "IMO may be no bueno" it says "es no bueno", stated as a fact; not a guess or opinion and with nothing substantiating it. Outright fabrication or at least disingenuous and very unfair to SKJ.

I no nothing of the OP but no fan of the Cats should post derogatory statements about a player without facts backing it up. If SKJ was his/her kid would he.she have made rhe same comment? Doubt it...

https://247sports.com/college/north...etball-Transfer-Sacha-Killeya-Jones-118183914

According to this article 30 teams made contact when he became available. Only 2 have backed away. And in the case of UNC it appears it's a matter of roster spots and available scholarships.

North Carolina projects to have one scholarship available for the 2018-19 season, with four post players on the roster - senior Luke Maye, and sophomores Garrison Brooks, Brandon Huffman, and Sterling Manley. UNC has no post players among its three-man incoming freshman class, and none committed yet in the rising senior high school class.

They might not want to tie up an open ride for a year, and instead hope to fill it with someone who can play immediately.

Much ado about nothing, IMO!

My thoughts as well. It clearly states he has players recruited who have not signed yet Add SKJ, and they may lose one or 2 of them.
Why start a thread about a kids grades when it appears to be nothing at all?

IMO this is the kind of thread that should be deleted and the OP banned for a week or two. The OP's thread title doesn't say "may be no bueno" or "IMO may be no bueno" it says "es no bueno", stated as a fact; not a guess or opinion and with nothing substantiating it. Outright fabrication or at least disingenuous and very unfair to SKJ.

I no nothing of the OP but no fan of the Cats should post derogatory statements about a player without facts backing it up. If SKJ was his/her kid would he.she have made rhe same comment? Doubt it...

I’m with you. A month ban is more in order however. Make another stupid post and gone for good. We wish him the best. SKJ and his family deserve respect.

We're talking about UNC and Pitt, which as of last week were 2 of SKJ's top 4 schools. He was expected to visit Wake Forest, NC State, Pitt, and UNC; and choose between those 4 schools within the next couple of weeks. Both Pitt and UNC were 100% into this recruitment right up until they received his transcript. Then Pitt cancelled his official visit (which should have been this weekend) and UNC pulled his offer.

If it were an academic issue then Wake Forest would be out too.

Reactions: TM2013 and Cindog28
In what way? By reporting the latest news on SKJ? Or by asking if anyone knows more details about why his transcript is such a problem that two of his top choices just abruptly ended their recruitments?
I'm not sure what he is talking about but you do seem to troll here a lot. Maybe he's talking about that.

Everyone knows admissions rules for athletes are different than for regular students. My guess is if SKJ was academically eligible to play, then that’s door enough to meet whateve4 transfer requirements are in place. I suppose what others have always alleged about Cal’s Kids could be true in this case - he stopped going to class in the second semester. In which case he couldn’t play here at anywhere else....

Sure never would have tagged you as a troll supporter.........[roll]
Except he isn’t trolling. He asked a legit question based off legit info that’s been put out. Just because some can’t believe that a UK player could ever have bad grades or be less than perfect little boys doesn’t make any of it less true. Hell I liked SKJ and was one of the few that wanted him back. Would have thought he was a good student too but I’m not naïve enough to think he, or any other player, couldn’t make bad grades.

It’s apparent that many fans here live in a fantasy world when it comes to the basketball program and players.

In what way? By reporting the latest news on SKJ? Or by asking if anyone knows more details about why his transcript is such a problem that two of his top choices just abruptly ended their recruitments?

As if ANYONE on this board would have knowledge of a player's academic transcript. What a dumbass question.

Reactions: Blueaz and TM2013
Per the link:

"The 6’10 forward from Chapel Hill, North Carolina seemed to be trending towards the Tar Heels, and was planning to make UNC his last official visit after cutting his list down to Wake Forest, Louisville, N.C. State, and Wake Forest."

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT