ADVERTISEMENT

SKJ's transcript es no bueno

FactCheckerUSA

Freshman
Feb 5, 2018
Sometime in the last 48 hours or so, UK sent out SKJ's transcript to the schools that were recruiting him. Upon receiving the transcript, Pitt cancelled his weekend Official Visit and UNC pulled his scholarship offer.

Are there any current students on the board? Do any of you know what type of classes SKJ was taking?

Sigh..you are on a roll to state the least.

In what way? By reporting the latest news on SKJ? Or by asking if anyone knows more details about why his transcript is such a problem that two of his top choices just abruptly ended their recruitments?

I don't have the capability. Also you probably already are in trouble...

Reactions: awf
Right. I can't find anything nor have I seen anything about SKJ's transcripts.

And I doubt UNC would be worried about anyone's transcripts. They've got...experience, in fixing that kind of thing. *wink wink*

Which is why I asked what type of classes he was taking. This could simply be an issue of him taking a bunch of classes that will not transfer/won't be credited towards his degree.

Because we are also talking about Pitt here.

Hell if he has any actual classes they will transfer to UNCheat you know !! Maybe he already has enough credit hours to graduate if he goes to that bunch of cheating SOB’s

OP, that is weak sauce to start a thread on..

No, the Tar Heel fan who started the other thread to troll this entire board because he just knew SKJ was joining his team... that is weak sauce.

This is just a discussion about the sudden and unexpected twist in SKJ's latest recruitment. I wish I could figure out how to send you a direct message.

Could it possibly be that they don’t think he’s good enough for what their needs are?? Immediately people assume it’s grades when it possibly has nothing to do with grades. I personally don’t think the guy is all that good and why he is transferring in he first place. If he was better he would either one, be going to the league, or Two, be playing major minutes. But of course that doesn’t follow the narrative as it doesn’t make for justify message board conversation. JMHO

Everyone said that SKJ was in the doghouse with Cal from the beginning and that there were non-basketball reasons for his limited playing time during his freshman season. I wonder if academics played a role in any of that, or were part of his motivation to transfer.
Nope. Just simply over recruiting and that Cal promised Richards that he would get all the playing time.
Duh, don't you read this board?

Last edited:
Everyone said that SKJ was in the doghouse with Cal from the beginning and that there were non-basketball reasons for his limited playing time during his freshman season. I wonder if academics played a role in any of that, or were part of his motivation to transfer.

Yeah, it was suspected by many and rumored by some that he had academic issues, so this wouldn’t be shocking. Didn’t we also have a lower team GPA than normal during his first semester?

Generally speaking, you can’t expect every kid who comes through campus to do what they are supposed to do academically.

Yeah, it was suspected by many and rumored by some that he had academic issues, so this wouldn’t be shocking. Didn’t we also have a lower team GPA than normal during his first semester?

Generally speaking, you can’t expect every kid who comes through campus to do what they are supposed to do academically.

According to the Kentucky Wildcats Facebook page, the team had a 3.181. I don’t know how that compares to previous semesters.

We’ll just have to see what happens with him. If he winds up at a mid major, it would be telling.

https://247sports.com/college/north...etball-Transfer-Sacha-Killeya-Jones-118183914

According to this article 30 teams made contact when he became available. Only 2 have backed away. And in the case of UNC it appears it's a matter of roster spots and available scholarships.

North Carolina projects to have one scholarship available for the 2018-19 season, with four post players on the roster - senior Luke Maye, and sophomores Garrison Brooks, Brandon Huffman, and Sterling Manley. UNC has no post players among its three-man incoming freshman class, and none committed yet in the rising senior high school class.

They might not want to tie up an open ride for a year, and instead hope to fill it with someone who can play immediately.

Much ado about nothing, IMO!

I would think they could get in some kind of trouble if UNC is leaking his transcripts or any school for that matter. Plus that's a childish move, if you don't think he fits what you need just move on.

I'm assuming SKJ is eligible to play here. That would mean he has satisfied the NCAA rules regarding progress towards a degree. If that is so, I really don't think this is a transcript issue.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the rules though.

I'm assuming SKJ is eligible to play here. That would mean he has satisfied the NCAA rules regarding progress towards a degree. If that is so, I really don't think this is a transcript issue.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the rules though.

Classes don't always transfer between schools.

If there are classes on his transcript that Pitt and UNC can't accept, that would mean his overall GPA and his progress-towards-degree could look a lot different than if he stayed at UK.

Reactions: treyforuk
Classes don't always transfer between schools.

If there are classes on his transcript that Pitt and UNC can't accept, that would mean his overall GPA and his progress-towards-degree could look a lot different than if he stayed at UK.

More than likely, only being a sophomore, most of the classes he has taken have been Gen Ed. Even if all of them don’t transfer, most will. I think it is more likely that they don’t want to use up a scholarship on someone who has to sit out a year. This is UNC we are taking about here. If they wanted him, academics would be the last thing they would be worried about.

That's actually a really good point.

He is no longer at UK, so I have no interest on him, other than wish him well in his future.
Agree,he has moved on,he had a few good plays here maybe a good game or two(but I can't recall one that stands out) Whatever the reason it just didn't click for him here,he probably made the right decision for himself and UK by moving on.

Reactions: kev69 and awf
More than likely, only being a sophomore, most of the classes he has taken have been Gen Ed. Even if all of them don’t transfer, most will. I think it is more likely that they don’t want to use up a scholarship on someone who has to sit out a year. This is UNC we are taking about here. If they wanted him, academics would be the last thing they would be worried about.

We're talking about UNC and Pitt, which as of last week were 2 of SKJ's top 4 schools. He was expected to visit Wake Forest, NC State, Pitt, and UNC; and choose between those 4 schools within the next couple of weeks. Both Pitt and UNC were 100% into this recruitment right up until they received his transcript. Then Pitt cancelled his official visit (which should have been this weekend) and UNC pulled his offer.

Sometime in the last 48 hours or so, UK sent out SKJ's transcript to the schools that were recruiting him. Upon receiving the transcript, Pitt cancelled his weekend Official Visit and UNC pulled his scholarship offer.

Are there any current students on the board? Do any of you know what type of classes SKJ was taking?
You are the one with all the information. What makes you think all of these things?? You know when UK sent out transcripts but you can't find out what kind of classes he took.........BS! Find another bridge to play under troll!

You are the one with all the information. What makes you think all of these things?? You know when UK sent out transcripts but you can't find out what kind of classes he took.........BS! Find another bridge to play under troll!

There are student privacy laws that protect SKJ's transcript from becoming public. So no, I have no way of finding out what his transcript looks like.

UK would not have sent his transcript out until his spring semester grades were officially posted, and other premium sites broke the news about Pitt and UNC receiving his paperwork and the recruiting fallout. So yes, I know when UK sent out his transcript.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT