ADVERTISEMENT

SKJ, is he any good?

Feb 16, 2018
I have it on good authority that former UK player SKJ will be transferring to play for the Heels. My recollection is that he was a good player in HS, but he never seemed to play at UK. Is he any good?

Reactions: gwilli8714
Undersized PF that's not particularly good at anything but not bad either. Has a decent 12 foot jump shot

Reactions: Blueaz
1. He's clearly not a back-up Center. You have 2 years of evidence that he is not suited for the role of screener/shot-blocker/junkyard dog. So is he any good? That will depend on how his new coach develops him and uses him.

2. He hasn't picked a school to transfer to yet. He has OVs set up to 3 ACC schools right now. He has not even set up a visit date for UNC yet. So you should tell your "good authority" to stop bullshittin' you.

1. He's clearly not a back-up Center. You have 2 years of evidence that he is not suited for the role of screener/shot-blocker/junkyard dog. So is he any good? That will depend on how his new coach develops him and uses him.

2. He hasn't picked a school to transfer to yet. He has OVs set up to 3 ACC schools right now. He has not even set up a visit date for UNC yet. So you should tell your "good authority" to stop bullshittin' you.

I'm very well connected in the Carolina ecosystem. SKJ will transfer to UNC.

At least he went to classes at UK. If he does transfer to UNC** what kid of fake classes do you have set up for him ?

Do you realize has stupid you look trashing the academic credibility of SKJ? Like he somehow deserves to be accused of taking fake classes after being a model student the last 2 years.

Just shut up and let the adults handle the troll who started this thread, ok?

I have it on good authority that former UK player SKJ will be transferring to play for the Heels. My recollection is that he was a good player in HS, but he never seemed to play at UK. Is he any good?
He's too good for a program that made a mockery of the integrity of college basketball for 17 years, put a numbskull like Rashad McCants on the Deans List despite his never attending a class, kept dozens of basketball players eligible by giving them fake grades for classes never held or attended, covered up the "Wheels for Heels" scam run by an ex-felon, gave people like Tami Hansborough fake jobs to entice her son to stay an extra year, looked the other way at gun and drug arrests for people like PJ Hairston, and on and on.

Last edited:
Do you realize has stupid you look trashing the academic credibility of SKJ? Like he somehow deserves to be accused of taking fake classes after being a model student the last 2 years.

No, I’m pretty sure that was meant as indictment of unccheat and as I read it, had zero to do with SKJ’s academic standing. Here, hows this, “well he’s going from a school that requires that their student-athletes take REAL classes for REAL credit so at YOUR school he can earn the same credits without the bother of attendance?”

Jones rep was that he was a good shooter from that 10 to 12 foot area. However, that shot would flat out never drop for him. So who knows.

What don't you go back to your Mom's basement and if you don't like my post you shut your stupid hole.

You tell me right now, what is the specific date of SKJ's official visit to UNC?

What does you ecosystem say about that?
yxyv6.jpg

This is the only UNC ecosystem that I am aware of.

Trolling aside, UNC makes sense. Cal and Roy are pretty tight, and he's from there after all....Only downside is he may be thinking he's done with getting bypassed on the blueblood team that recruits studs every year.

He is good enough that if PJ does go pro
I hope he changes his mind and stays at UK.
LOL that shipped has long sailed. And he would still be behind EJ , JV ( who will be back IMO ) and Richards so he will still be the 4th big man and IMO really 5th as KJ would be used at PF instead of SKJ. SKJ isn't a bad role player but that is what he is . A role player .

If he goes to UNCheat will he be a graduate school transfer already ? I mean if you compare him taking actual classes at UK to what he’s about to do at Cheat U then he has to have more than enough credits to graduate when he steps on the floor in the Dumb Dome !!

You tell me right now, what is the specific date of SKJ's official visit to UNC?

What does you ecosystem say about that?

And the OP is gone. Big surprise. He was only here because he wanted to post "SKJ will be transferring to the Heels" and see the reaction he got.

In reality, SKJ has just started up his recruitment now that his Finals are done in Lexington. He has schedule 3 of his OVs, and he hasn't scheduled one to UNC yet. The OP doesn't have jackshit on "good authority" or he would have known these pesky facts before he started this thread.

Reactions: awf
LOL that shipped has long sailed. And he would still be behind EJ , JV ( who will be back IMO ) and Richards so he will still be the 4th big man and IMO really 5th as KJ would be used at PF instead of SKJ. SKJ isn't a bad role player but that is what he is . A role player .

I just don't see KJ playing the 4 very much at all. Especially if we get JV, and PJ back. Maybe more if we lose Wenyen or Cal wants to go small but he's the best fit we have at SF, IMO. I could be wrong though Cane, wouldn't be the 1st time.

I just don't see KJ playing the 4 very much at all. Especially if we get JV, and PJ back. Maybe more if we lose Wenyen but he's the best fit we have at SF, IMO

PJ spent the entire week before Final Exams out in Texas prepping for his draft workouts. I'm way more concerned about PJ staying in the draft than I am Gabriel.

I agree that I don't see KJ playing much at the 4, unless there is just a complete exodus to the draft and/or injuries occur.

He's not a bad offensive player but couldn't keep up on the defensive end and it cost him PT. Despite his size, he plays small and doesn't have the strength to battle guys his height.

SKJ is probably the most "skilled" big on the roster. Cal hated that he was soft and no he never played him. I get challenging the kid and what not but if he played him Richards minutes we would of been better this year.

SKJ is probably the most "skilled" big on the roster. Cal hated that he was soft and no he never played him. I get challenging the kid and what not but if he played him Richards minutes we would of been better this year.

Glad you put skilled in quotes because it's an incredibly idiotic statement. Not to mention Richards averaged ONE more minute per game than SKJ.

Bottom line, if the cheaters are leaning on SKJ being a major contributor... good luck to them.

PJ spent the entire week before Final Exams out in Texas prepping for his draft workouts. I'm way more concerned about PJ staying in the draft than I am Gabriel.

I agree that I don't see KJ playing much at the 4, unless there is just a complete exodus to the draft and/or injuries occur.

I agree with ya brother. I see ur point. About PJ, it's not like others haven't done the same. I'm sure he's good on his grades and completing the semester. I'm mot worried about that. That's just the life of a prospect and I'm sure UK works it out for them to do what they need to do, just like every big time program. I think it all comes down to the combine myself. If he does good, he stays I'd love for him to come back but I'm not getting my hopes up

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
I’m not sure why he’d have interest in a place like UNC. Go somewhere where you’ll be sure to get major minutes. Can’t get starter minutes at UK, it would seem unlikely to ever get starter minutes at a place like UNC.

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT