ADVERTISEMENT

Since Cal Works for/ Reports To Barnhart Why Can’t Barnhart Demand Coach Cal Be More Respectful In The Way Coach Cal Address’s The UK Fanbase

As an Iowa fan, I wish we had your basketball problems. We haven't even been to a Sweet 16 in 24 years and lost at home to Eastern Illinois in our last game despite being a 32 point favorite going in.
But your coach (I hope!) represents both the University of Iowa and the state (both our states lack major league teams so I have to figure Iowa basketball is your top sport, right?) honorably and respectfully and knows his job is to be IOWA FIRST.

But your coach (I hope!) represents both the University of Iowa and the state (both our states lack major league teams so I have to figure Iowa basketball is your top sport, right?) honorably and respectfully and knows his job is to be IOWA FIRST.
well, I will say I'm not a big Fran McCaffery fan. In part because through his 13 years at Iowa he's not represented the school well at times with bad ass and embarrassing outbursts. He has better toned down somewhat however in recent years. No question though he's tremendously loyal to the school.

If the op is upset over the way Cal he probably wouldn't have liked Rupp. Adolph could be a surly old cuss with everybody.

If the op is upset over the way Cal he probably wouldn't have liked Rupp. Adolph could be a surly old cuss with everybody.
That he could be. But I love listening to any of the old Rupp talks I can find. Very entertaining.

I hated the way Pitino asked his own questions in interviews so he could give his answers that he wanted. So I just quit listening to him.

This "basketball bennies" thingy that some are so butthurt over seems to have been an imaginary slight. No one can provide a quote of Cal actually saying it.

well, I will say I'm not a big Fran McCaffery fan. In part because through his 13 years at Iowa he's not represented the school well at times with bad ass and embarrassing outbursts. He has better toned down somewhat however in recent years. No question though he's tremendously loyal to the school.
IOW, he's not all obsessed with "Look at all these guys I sent to the NBA!", right? And let's hope they're just verbal/emotional outbursts and not say, throwing chairs and strangling players like a certain Clown U coach I heard of... :p

ADVERTISEMENT