ADVERTISEMENT

Since Cal got here

Mar 31, 2014
Most tournament wins with 26 Next closest program Duke with 20

1 Ship only Duke and UCONN have more. UNC=0(I know may change) Kansas=0 Mich St.=0 zona=0

Final 4's = 4 no one else has more than 2.

Tell me which program you would rather be? We all want more titles and the talent Cal brings in is crazy good.

The facts are we won't win it every year or every other or every 3 etc... But Cal has us competing for it year in and year out. Out of 8 years only two teams didn't really have a shot.

Enjoy it UK is the best of the best.

Disappointed every year when we lose but love having teams that are in the conversation every year. Couple of breaks yesterday and we are still playing.

Reactions: brianpoe
It all depends on how you define success, or what is important to you. If you look at the totality of the UK program, no one has been better overall the UK the last 8 years. 6 EE, 4 FF. 2 NC games. 1 Title.. in EIGHT years.

24 or so NBA players, some who are going to be remembered for decades after they are done.

Cal is the 1,000 lb gorilla in the game. what he talks about, is discussed nationally. He keeps UK relevant 12 months out of the year. We are always in the news about something.

Classroom - his players go to class (yes haters, even the OADs). They have above the national average in GPA. Off court, no major issues. And all of them seem to be very good kids. They say and do the right things. They do community service at UK. Then donate millions of their salary to charity once they make it in the NBA.

Yes I too would love to have another title during those 8 years, but just the way it goes sometimes. Other than the 2013, and maybe the 2016 team, every year we have had a team that could win it all. That is pretty amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT