ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP KSR Tuesday show

Big Blue in 502

Sophomore
Nov 10, 2010
Disclaimer: yes I know some posters here loath Matt Jones, and yes sometimes his ego " on air" makes it difficult for him to fit his head through the door.

That said, they hinted that Tuesday could be in no exact words a huge huge show, they said it could either be really good or could be bad. I know something's have been over hyped before on KSR.
But I'm curious what you guys might guess it could be? With the statement it could be good or bad I lean towards it being a player coming on the show and possibly announcing a commitment. I could be way way off , but wanted to pick your brains. Thoughts? GO CATS

Disclaimer: yes I know some posters here loath Matt Jones, and yes sometimes his ego " on air" makes it difficult for him to fit his head through the door.

That said, they hinted that Tuesday could be in no exact words a huge huge show, they said it could either be really good or could be bad. I know something's have been over hyped before on KSR.
But I'm curious what you guys might guess it could be? With the statement it could be good or bad I lean towards it being a player coming on the show and possibly announcing a commitment. I could be way way off , but wanted to pick your brains. Thoughts? GO CATS

I heard mention of that too but didn't get any context around it (had just turned it on as they said something about Tuesday and then moved to some other topic). I'm guessing either a recruit coming on or someone coming on to talk about the UL scandal (one or all of them... hard to keep up). Just guesses though.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
I would think it will not be something bad,why would you hype/tease a bad thing.You throw out the "possibility" of a bad thing so as not to steal the thunder of someone (player) announcing something good.

I suppose it could be a guest(non-player/recruit)that you are not sure what they are going to say or how they will be received.I can't see him running that kind of risk,he knows what it is and is 95% sure how it will go over.

Did I hear correctly that Jones was going to give more info on that show, someone today? Only caught bits and pieces at work that day

I figured they might have heard of multiple commitments. Like Zion and Bol Bol. Nothing to base this on. Just said it will be huge.

UL board meets Monday if I remember correctly. Could be someone comes on the show Tuesday and cuts loose on Stripper U with both TJ and RP likely gone?

He's supposed to drop a hint sometime today.

That's when the official BBM visits will be over, so part of me is thinking someone commits. Yet, as soon as he says "so and so will be on our show Tuesday', you know they'll be committing so the suspense will be over. He could say "we will have a couple of 2018 recruits on our show Tuesday", but then I feel like if it's not Zion, some will be disappointed.

Which circles me back around to think it's the return of Katina Powell, or as said, Sypher.

Hard to imagine a player coming on KENTUCKY Sports Radio and announcing he's going somewhere other than Kentucky. Has that even happened before?

He's supposed to drop a hint sometime today.

That's when the official BBM visits will be over, so part of me is thinking someone commits. Yet, as soon as he says "so and so will be on our show Tuesday', you know they'll be committing so the suspense will be over. He could say "we will have a couple of 2018 recruits on our show Tuesday", but then I feel like if it's not Zion, some will be disappointed.

Which circles me back around to think it's the return of Katina Powell, or as said, Sypher.
I believe he said he will announce the Tuesday show particulars tonight.

If he's saying this, and while we love recruiting, if it's a recruit, it's a letdown.

If he's hyping something like this, it needs to be something like Sypher

He said it could be their biggest traffic day ever, can't imagine it wouldn't be pretty big if he's saying that. He said they'd announce it Sunday night, so that makes me think it's a guest. Use our imagination to whom.

If it is bigger than the special guest he hinted about for the Florida football game In not sure my heart will be able to take it.

Can't be a verbal commit coming on, that would be a violation and the NCAA would punish it to it;s fullest extent

Can't be a verbal commit coming on, that would be a violation and the NCAA would punish it to it;s fullest extent
Unless its part of the pregame show, they are not connected to UK, so it would not be a violation. They've had at least one FB recruit, commit on the show.

How would it be a violation a player committing on a media outlet? They do it on ESPN all the time? A football player committed on KSR not to long ago just can't remember who.

Zion Williamson will not commit on Matt Jones radio show. Needs a bigger stage. Perhaps Bol Bol but same reasoning. Sypher (whether you agree or not) is a convicted extortionist so doubt that.
Katina has been on since Pitino news broke. If it's recruiting, probably football but who knows. Reigelsberger committed on KSR, then de-committed.
Maybe Matt throwing his hat in a political race. You're guess as good as mine.

You know when they mentioned that Tuesday show the other day, that's exactly what I thought too.
That would be something,I can hear it now,Rick says "I can get back to being a UK fan full time now,it really took a toll on me not being able to openly support UK all those years,that's why I was 6-12 against you guys,my heart just wasn't in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT