ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Derek Willis has a summer league deal with the Detroit Pistons

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
NDNSPORTS.COM‏@ndnsports Jun 23
UPDATE: Per the fiancé of Derek Willis (Arapaho), he has actually agreed to a Summer League deal with the Detroit Pistons, not the Heat.

DDBluR7UMAcF55L.jpg

Reactions: chroix and MbergCat
If the dude could play just enough D to survive out on the floor for a few minutes at a time, he may just have a shot.

Reactions: csrupp
If he plays that mean streak Willis ball that he showed the past 2 years at times, he can make a roster.

Not that I think Willis will make a roster and last a long time in the league, but I understand why the kid has a shot with someone. The guy is 6'9 and can shoot the ball from deep. Those type of guys always has a few shots of making someone's roster. If the kid could just handle the ball, it wouldn't be a question of playing basketball as a pro. I don't know what to think about how Willis will defend his man in the NBA. It might not be pretty. I hope the kid can make a roster and become a good role player off the bench during his career.

Derek is talented enough to make some money playing pro ball somewhere.

I wish him nothing but the best.
He can always be a star in China. Read UL apologist Russ Smith had 64 points in his first game there.

Derek and Keely both have their degrees and are going to spend the next couple of years traveling around the world together and earning some nice cash to start their lives. They truly seem to love each other. Very happy for them.

Reactions: awf and UKrazycat2
Why does Keely Potts do everything for DW? Kind of embarrassing he can't send out his own info. Oh and she was his main motivation, uh how about PT as your motivator

Hopefully he doesn't hold himself back in this as well. [eyeroll]

Why does Keely Potts do everything for DW? Kind of embarrassing he can't send out his own info. Oh and she was his main motivation, uh how about PT as your motivator

Maybe he just doesn't do social media. My wife does the social media way more than I do as well. She is the one that usually posts pictures or info that needs to go out to family and friends and I barely even look or post on Facebook unless I'm extremely bored. Who knows, she might even be his manager/assistant. What did she major in?

Maybe he just doesn't do social media. My wife does the social media way more than I do as well. She is the one that usually posts pictures or info that needs to go out to family and friends and I barely even look or post on Facebook unless I'm extremely bored. Who knows, she might even be his manager/assistant. What did she major in?
He just graduated college, I'm sure he knows how to work and uses social media. Know keely personally, not a dig on her, just wish DW could show any indication he actually cares about bball.

He just graduated college, I'm sure he knows how to work and uses social media. Know keely personally, not a dig on her, just wish DW could show any indication he actually cares about bball.
How does Keely handling media for him make him not care about basketball? Maybe he lets her handle everything so he can concentrate on playing.

How does Keely handling media for him make him not care about basketball? Maybe he lets her handle everything so he can concentrate on playing.
I've had enough of DW after his comments after the season. I was just being a douche yesterday lol

Just can't stop kicking the guy can you? What does it matter if his girl fiend is doing his PR work? I guess you would rather he pay a percentage of his income to a PR firm? Sounds like maybe you are just a little green. He will make a lot of money and has a life partner to help him. Sounds like a strong relationship to me.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Just can't stop kicking the guy can you? What does it matter if his girl fiend is doing his PR work? I guess you would rather he pay a percentage of his income to a PR firm? Sounds like maybe you are just a little green. He will make a lot of money and has a life partner to help him. Sounds like a strong relationship to me.

That made me laugh. And hey I'm not a die hard DW supporter, apparently DW doesn't even believe in DW. A lot of his comments make you scratch your head.

Btw it's not that hard to release information about your BBall career on your own instagram. Dk why it all comes down from his gf account was all I was saying

ADVERTISEMENT