ADVERTISEMENT

SI Writer on Why Levis Should Be the First Pick

Levis is kind of Josh Allen lite. Allen was not all that accurate in his first year in the league, but has obviously improved quite a bit. Similarly Levis will probably need to improve his overall vision/reads/accuracy, but he has the potential to become an elite NFL QB.

Can't argue with much of anything he said....the guy has the raw talent and smarts to develop into a good NFL QB. He'll go very early in the draft.

Levis came to us after having one of the worst offenses in the country. It was a complete revamp and most of the talent around him signed knowing going in that we were pathetic in the passing game. With elite talent many of his mistakes would not of happened. Now he is going through a second coordinator during his two years.

Levis should be the top pick. He has physical attributes noone else has and he is teachable on the the rest. It should be an easy choice

Can you imagine if he tears is up in the NFL and becomes a superstar? Have we ever had an NFL superstar? Yes, we’ve had/have a lot of solid dudes in the league, but a superstar? That’s be really cool!

Do they still put out a Swimsuit issue? I mean that was the only reason I subscribed back in the 80's/90's. Elle Macpherson and Kathy Ireland helped get me through puberty.
They put out a "woke" swimsuit issue in early summer the past couple years, instead of the traditional February. In a press release SI said they're "changing the cost of doing business from a monetary value to a currency of doing good." Whatever the hell that means. Actually what it means is the issue is no longer fun.

Reactions: Greezy Kreek
I think swimsuits with NoseGuard size chicks and former Power Forwards who identify as women are strangely entertaining in that Barnum & Bailey bearded lady kinda way.

Takes so much bravery to scream from the rooftops that you like wearing your sisters prom dress & S I just helps their “ bravery” make it around the world in print.

But I do miss the days when brave men were usually WW2 veterans. Now in the new everyone gets a trophy culture DC and the Supreme Courts are obsessed over even make todays magazines suck. And people just continue to get “ brave”. ….& the centerfold will make you puke. But good thing is there’s a safe space close by to puke safely in.

JFC how does every thread delve into people's freaking politics. It's making these boards unreadable. It's a thread about our QB but the mention of a damn magazine gets all the political junkies frothing lol

Lots in the world besides politics and fake Boogeymen folks. And your constant bitches helps nothing, just like mine here lol

I think swimsuits with NoseGuard size chicks and former Power Forwards who identify as women are strangely entertaining in that Barnum & Bailey bearded lady kinda way.

Takes so much bravery to scream from the rooftops that you like wearing your sisters prom dress & S I just helps their “ bravery” make it around the world in print.

But I do miss the days when brave men were usually WW2 veterans. Now in the new everyone gets a trophy culture DC and the Supreme Courts are obsessed over even make todays magazines suck. And people just continue to get “ brave”. ….& the centerfold will make you puke. But good thing is there’s a safe space close by to puke safely in.
WTF?

Could not be a better advertisement for our program. Cheers to getting elite level QB play moving forward, as well as other skill positions.....

Any under utilized talented QB's / WR's etc. out there that want to be coached like a pro, by pro coaches and have an opportunity to play in the league. Hit that portal and come see about it!

Reactions: The-Hack
Levis isn't right now a better college QB than the top guys, Young & Stroud, but it is easy to project he can mature into a long term NFL franchise leader. That's why he is topping these lists.

Big sturdy body that won't be breaking down when he is 28, 30 yrs old. Has demonstrably shown he will put in all the work necessary to improve and get better. Has excelled for 2 seasons in the pro style scheme run by 33% of NFL teams.

They put out a "woke" swimsuit issue in early summer the past couple years, instead of the traditional February. In a press release SI said they're "changing the cost of doing business from a monetary value to a currency of doing good." Whatever the hell that means. Actually what it means is the issue is no longer fun.
It means they're losing money but they feel good about it.

I like Levis’ arm and release better than Allen. Allen is a bigger athletic freak, however.

I think he's a dead on Josh Allen comp
I see people say that and I don't know, maybe they mean that as a passer, but Allen is also a runner, and I don't see the Levis comparison there. Allen ran for 763 yards last season, with seven games of 50 yards or more and a season high of 109 yards. Levis is a tough runner, but he's not a Josh Allen-type runner. Allen ran a 4.76 in the 40 at the combine - which is a notably slow field to run on.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/hot-take-tuesday-will-levis-will-be-the-first-pick

It takes him several paragraphs to get to his point, but he really lays out all the reasons why NFL scouts may like Stroud and Young, but why they'll LOVE Will Levis and why he should be the #1 pick in the draft.
Great story on Levis and also on UK running a “pro style offense” under two former coaches from the NFL. This is good pub for Levis and the University of Kentucky football team.

A response to that post about woke S. I. is the what.

T. F. : is the entire woke world and their changes forced on everything. Just responding to the flow of the thread.

Huge fan of Will L. tho. How about our top ten ranking and this drop in humidity?

That better for ya?

• Haha
Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
So it's full of transgender and cross dressing models? Ru Paul in a thong on a beach? No thanks.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Can you imagine if he tears is up in the NFL and becomes a superstar? Have we ever had an NFL superstar? Yes, we’ve had/have a lot of solid dudes in the league, but a superstar? That’s be really cool!
It's been a loooong time. Last one was probably Dermontti Dawson and although he was a great player, he was OL, so not a "superstar" in the true sense of the word.

A response to that post about woke S. I. is the what.

T. F. : is the entire woke world and their changes forced on everything. Just responding to the flow of the thread.

Huge fan of Will L. tho. How about our top ten ranking and this drop in humidity?

That better for ya?
Are you from Pikeville?

Levis isn't right now a better college QB than the top guys, Young & Stroud, but it is easy to project he can mature into a long term NFL franchise leader. That's why he is topping these lists.

Big sturdy body that won't be breaking down when he is 28, 30 yrs old. Has demonstrably shown he will put in all the work necessary to improve and get better. Has excelled for 2 seasons in the pro style scheme run by 33% of NFL teams.
Yes. Not unlike the NBA, the NFL drafts partially on potential. He's got a good resume' already and should only get better with his high level talent.

I see people say that and I don't know, maybe they mean that as a passer, but Allen is also a runner, and I don't see the Levis comparison there. Allen ran for 763 yards last season, with seven games of 50 yards or more and a season high of 109 yards. Levis is a tough runner, but he's not a Josh Allen-type runner. Allen ran a 4.76 in the 40 at the combine - which is a notably slow field to run on.

Not sure about your premise.

Levis loses yards every sack, Allen doesn't.

Allen played 17 regular season games, Levis 12.

Pretty similar in style, power, speed and shiftiness, I think. See u6 game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT