ADVERTISEMENT

SI cover controversy?

I also suspect that guys that protest too much about a fluffy girl are worried that they lack enough to keep her satisfied.
Overtly fat/obese people are gross. Just a general lack of discipline that shouldn’t be rewarded or celebrated at all. Sure as shit shouldn’t be plastered on the front of a magazine in a bikini that’s hanging on by the grace of God and can barely cover their bologna nipples.

3fa3a3706be8a5a5201648989cd46953.jpg

I had this issue for at least 15 years before constant moving cost me.

It's actually smart for SI to do this. In 2022, no one is getting excited over magazine covers and a few pages of an airbrushed woman in PG-13 style bikinis anyway. Last time it was even a discussion was with Kate Upton, and even then some guys were typing from their keyboards that she was getting too sloppy. The swimsuit issue isn't a thing in society anymore, so they put a thick woman on the cover to create interest. Don't like it? Well, chances are you weren't going to buy it regardless because you forgot SI and their annual model covers still existed, so no loss for the magazine there.

Reactions: ganner918
Overtly fat/obese people are gross. Just a general lack of discipline that shouldn’t be rewarded or celebrated at all. Sure as shit shouldn’t be plastered on the front of a magazine in a bikini that’s hanging on by the grace of God and can barely cover their bologna nipples.
agree. I'm talking a little extra cushion for the pushin'.

I don’t think we need to pretend everyone is attractive or sexy, but I do appreciate people who are confident in their own skin. Does that mean put them on the cover of a swimsuit edition? Of course not.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I don’t think we need to pretend everyone is attractive or sexy, but I do appreciate people who are confident in their own skin. Does that mean put them on the cover of a swimsuit edition? Of course not.
Yea of course not. Let em write about it in a magazine as an editorial piece with no pictures whatsoever.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan

I 100% understand clothing lines using fit models in their ads. If I were a fashion designer I'd want my clothes to look as attractive as possible. What I never got was restaurants using models for their food. Like when Hardees used people like Paris Hilton and Kate Upton. No one watching those commercials would ever believe those people eat that food. Wouldn't it make more sense to have some fat person like that woman on "This Is Us" in the ad?

"these burgers are just so good, I can't stop eating them!"

I also said that to my dad at PF Changs once and he immediately told our waitress I said she was too good looking to be working there...

I agree with those essentially calling this a nothing burger. I have not seen a SI Swimsuit edition mag in years. I suppose it is a sign of the times with the bigger women on them. We are a nation that is more overweight than not these days it seems. The last article I read on the current weight problems in the US had about 68-70% of Americans being overweight. While I prefer them a little more weight conscious than what is being shown here, I do think that women with proportionally curvy figures who are big can be sexy looking and inviting.

Yumi Nu is not bad, probably if I was single.

Reactions: Clownforpres
  • Haha
Reactions: jameslee32

Since we’re bringing back threads with things that have nothing to do with anything, I’ll add:
Pumpkins or something I dunno

smithsonianmag.com>oann dumbassery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT