ADVERTISEMENT

Should we even show up tomorrow??

yes. I have listened to ore and post games since Eddie Sutton....I did not go into most frames thinking how we needed to play perfectly to just win the next game....its okay for Cal to respect his opponent..I get it.....but as a fan I would love to hear from my coach that he expects to win...especially at home

Cal does that against even the Duquesne or Eastern Illinois of the world. Always setting expectations low for a potential loss.
Don’t think it’s setting up for a potential loss . Every coach usually gives the opponent respect . I’m not even sure why the OP think it’s a big deal that some view a conference game as tough especially since that team does have some talent on it .

Title of the thread makes it seem like people on here think we have no chance which isn’t the case .

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I personally would rather Kentucky not show up.....hahaha. This Arkansas Team is good, not great, and missing our two best players that are both projected NBA First Round Draft selections.

On top of that, we get called for way too many fouls, have plenty of shot takers, not a bunch of shot makers, have a tendency to go into extreme scoring droughts like no team I have ever seen, and many times handle the basketball like it is a live grenade.

With all of that said, I think it is going to be a good, tough, physical, hard fought battle that the Cats will probably come out on top at home.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I am truly shocked that someone on rafters would post a hyperbolic out of context thread. It’s such an unusual occurrence here.

It really is funny tho how the vocal minority on both sides of the fence here are so alike. Considering the amount of disdain they have for each other, all both sides do is post ridiculous over the top rhetoric that’s either super positive or never ending negativity.

The rest of us in the middle—which I think accounts for about 75+%—at times get lost in the shuffle of this board. I still love this place tho best college message board around. Carry on.

go-to KSR...you can read the article how tough Cal thinks it's gonna be.....you think I just made that up??
a coach over hyping an opponent that is nearly a unanimous underdog??? Say it isn't so! Should be the top sports story of the week!

yes. I have listened to ore and post games since Eddie Sutton....I did not go into most frames thinking how we needed to play perfectly to just win the next game....its okay for Cal to respect his opponent..I get it.....but as a fan I would love to hear from my coach that he expects to win...especially at home
Have you ever heard a coach state that he expects to win in a pre-game press conference?
You're seriously making a mountain out of a really small molehill.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I personally would rather Kentucky not show up.....hahaha. This Arkansas Team is good, not great, and missing our two best players that are both projected NBA First Round Draft selections.

On top of that, we get called for way too many fouls, have plenty of shot takers, not a bunch of shot makers, have a tendency to go into extreme scoring droughts like no team I have ever seen, and many times handle the basketball like it is a live grenade.

With all of that said, I think it is going to be a good, tough, physical, hard fought battle that the Cats will probably come out on top at home.
I see a lot of similarities between the 2 teams. Both rely on a lot of isolation, both labor to score at times, both rely on driving the ball and neither team takes many threes.
I think Arkansas runs more modern offensive sets than UK does though.
Seems like both teams are always in a tight game at the end, I expect this one will be no different.

I see a lot of similarities between the 2 teams. Both rely on a lot of isolation, both labor to score at times, both rely on driving the ball and neither team takes many threes.
I think Arkansas runs more modern offensive sets than UK does though.
Seems like both teams are always in a tight game at the end, I expect this one will be no different.
I completely agree, very similar indeed.

The best way to defend Arkansas is with an aggressive, packed in zone, and we know Calipari won't play that. On offense, Arkansas will attempt to spread Kentucky out, and if Oscar struggles with the pick and roll, and if Black can control the game with his size, driving and getting to the basket or passing, the Hogs will have a chance.

The Arkansas defense is long, quick, aggressive and very athletic, and for the most part has been solid all season.

Last edited:
Arkansas doesn't have their good player or players still right? If UK is healthy they should win by 8 to 12 easily.

The best way to defend Arkansas is with an aggressive, packed in zone, and we know Calipari won't play that. On offense, Arkansas will attempt to spread Kentucky out, and if Oscar struggles with the pick and roll, and if Black can control the game with his size, driving and getting to the basket or passing, the Hogs will have a chance.

The Arkansas defense is long, quick, aggressive and very athletic, and for the most part has been solid all season.

they gave up 97 to Vandy....they don't have a good defense

• Haha
Reactions: ThreeHogNight
Vanderbilt was an anomaly, it was a terrible game and they shot lights out from deep. Kenpom has Arkansas as 13th in the nation in defense, I consider that pretty solid.

There’s your problem. Your listening to a guy who doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing. He lost to S. Car., Keeps the most efficient lineup since 2019 off the floor as much as he can, which is about 85% of the game, keeps 83% FT shooters on the bench and 58% shooters in the game when free throws are needed, doesn’t know how to teach more than one defense, doesn’t know how to defend out of bounds plays, or draw them up. Count keep stats correctly as 2 backdoor cuts equal 5, forgets certain players on the bench numerous times per year, doesn’t see some of his players during the week if they happen to have any type of injury. I mean do I need to go on and on. Everything is hard for this dipshit because he doesn’t have a ****ing clue what he’s doing and getting paid 9 million to be the biggest dipshit the game has ever seen.
Well said.

This could be a good game for Oyenso. Our guards can’t keep dribblers in front of them so if they can channel them to Ugonna he can block some shots. Of course that all depends on whether our idiot coach will play him.

What happened in the south carolina game? Looks like Arky only won by 2.
I know UK lost at home to usc, but we were down 2 starters and our coach.is a dillhole.

What happened in the south carolina game? Looks like Arky only won by 2.
I know UK lost at home to usc, but we were down 2 starters and our coach.is a dillhole.
Arkansas was dominating and up by 13 or 14 six minutes or so into the second half and then went into one of our patented, turnover drills, can't make a basket droughts and it almost cost us.

I really like this team, they play extremely hard, will fight to the end, and are well coached, but they can also frustrate the heck out of you with some of the things that they do.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Arkansas was dominating and up by 13 or 14 six minutes or so into the second half and then went into one of our patented, turnover drills, can't make a basket droughts and it almost cost us.

I really like this team, they play extremely hard, will fight to the end, and are well coached, but they can also frustrate the heck out of you with some of the things that they do.
Nick Smith still out?

From what we can tell yes. He is still attending classes and from what he, his parents, and everyone else associated with the program has continually said he is going to return from the knee injury reaggravation but it would be sometime in February.

This could be a good game for Oyenso. Our guards can’t keep dribblers in front of them so if they can channel them to Ugonna he can block some shots. Of course that all depends on whether our idiot coach will play him.
Glad you aren’t our coach if you think Oyenso is the answer against Arkansas. It’s obvious he is far from ready.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
From what we can tell yes. He is still attending classes and from what he, his parents, and everyone else associated with the program has continually said he is going to return from the knee injury reaggravation but it would be sometime in February.
Sorry to hear that for y'all. Injuries absolutely suck and I don't wish them on anyone. We've dealt with enough of those over the years. You put Smith and Brazile in that lineup all year and you all are a legit contender in my mind. And you're still a good team capable of beating us if we don't bring our best game.

Sorry to hear that for y'all. Injuries absolutely suck and I don't wish them on anyone. We've dealt with enough of those over the years. You put Smith and Brazile in that lineup all year and you all are a legit contender in my mind. And you're still a good team capable of beating us if we don't bring our best game.
Yep, unfortunately, the injuries to those two have been tough to overcome, but the games go on, and these guys haven't quit or given up. It appears that Nick Smith will return to the court at some capacity on Saturday.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
All I'm reading is how great Arkansas is and how hard a game it's gonna be for us....All I know is they started 1-5 in the SEC....i would like to hear how difficult it is gonna be for Arkansas to deal with us.....how about us being confident instead of scared to death
It has nothing to do with how good Arkansas is. It is all about how bad Cal is.

Reactions: blackcat714
Arkansas is a good defensive team. Be interesting to see how CJ and Reeves perform offensively against quality athletic defenders. The Hogs are really good at 3 pt FG defense. I don't particularly like this matchup and think UA offers value on the money line (2-1). Hope I'm wrong.

If we can’t beat Ark tomorrow in Rupp Arena, then we don’t deserve anything.

Are you listening CCC
So true, if we can't win this one at home we probably won't see the 2nd week of the tournament. This can be our we are Kentucky games.

Trust me, we know the feeling

Reactions: billearl
Sorry, ThreeHogNight. Didn’t realize how much our team had regressed. I believe you have a great coach. Good luck.
Thanks, but no apology is needed. In my opinion, Musselman is a fantastic coach but the NBA coaching years of experience that he has on staff is also amazing.

The Hog defense has been overall very tough almost the entire season, and played extremely well last night. Good luck the rest of the way, I hope the Cats win them all until we meet again in a few weeks.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
The fans shouldn’t have shown up - that’s for damn sure. What a waste of money and time.

ADVERTISEMENT