ADVERTISEMENT

Should the Cowboys trade for Russell Wilson?

rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY
Dak plus some picks for Russell Wilson? Wilson is better. Less of a cap hit. Jerry ain’t getting any younger, he wants another SB title. As a Cowboys fan, I’d at least make a phone call.

This thread would be better with Ciara pics.

OIP.DXKnZrF12r3RGvpDXPiORwHaI3

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT
I didn't know Russell was on the block. If the Hawks can't find a way hold onto him that program is going south fast. I'm a big fan of RW, I hope he doesn't wind up in Dallas, nothing against the Cowboys but the way that team is run from the top will forever keep them mediocre IMO.

I didn't know Russell was on the block. If the Hawks can't find a way hold onto him that program is going south fast. I'm a big fan of RW, I hope he doesn't wind up in Dallas, nothing against the Cowboys but the way that team is run from the top will forever keep them mediocre IMO.
Listened to KLBJ 590 (Lady Bird Johnson's former station, now local right-wing mainstay) today. They discussed Russell Wilson extensively. Doubt it happens. Wilson's best years were in Seattle. Best bet is Wilson to the Raiders.

Reactions: Deeeefense
If he wants to win another Big Game(I wonder if I can trademark that??) he should stay away from Dallas.

Wilson is still in his prime and is definitely one of the top QBs in the NFL. If the Seahawks can't get a better OL and some semblance of a running game, they should trade him for players and picks. Not sure Dallas can afford to decimate their roster to land him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
QB isnt even close to the biggest problem for Dallas. Yes RW is better than Dak but it's not like Dak is trash or anything. The team will still probably be mediocre no matter who is their QB.

The Jets will gladly give Seattle their 2nd pick, Sam Darnold and other compensation.

I always look at what QBs have around them.. RW is a tough one to crack. On one hand hes had some great defenses early in his career.. on the other, he's only recently getting legit weapons (cant recall his early teams having THAT good of offensive players, but I could be mistaken).

Idk, seems like a standup guy. He's good for any organization. He's always playing behind and finding ways to win. Seems Seattle has completely bailed on trying to build around him and play to his strengths. As Cowherd said the other day: you have to keep the QB happy.

I respect the hell out of Wilson but I'd rather trade for Watson with his prime still ahead of him, more mobile at this stage of his career too. He keeps progressing each year and what a dumpster fire Houston was with no help around him after the Hopkins trade. 33 TD and 4823 yards. Wish Cobb was somewhere he could win late in his career.

He will be 33 by the time the playoffs roll around. For a QB, that relies pretty heavily on his running ability, I would say that his best years are behind him. That doesn't mean that he is not still one of the league's top QBs. I just wouldn't overpay for him. I would also be cautious about taking a guy who bashes his OL and asks for a trade while under a $140 million contract (2nd highest paid player in the NFL). The current asking price appears to be 3 first round draft picks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT