ADVERTISEMENT

Should Super Bowl be on Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday or Sunday?

• Saturday

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Sunday

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Sunday (but in all fairness, I do own or work in a bar)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noon on Tuesday

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
If you voted Saturday there is no explanation needed. You're a normal human being, are tired of the "we have to go home at halftime so the kids can get up in the morning" crap.
If you voted Sunday (and didn't check that you own or work in a bar) please explain to me why.

Reactions: Lamar Card
I chose Sunday simply because larger numbers of people are off on Sunday. However, playing the game later on Saturday would be acceptable since most could make it to gameday parties/viewing after work. Not that any of that matters to me, I am after all retired.

If you voted Saturday there is no explanation needed. You're a normal human being, are tired of the "we have to go home at halftime so the kids can get up in the morning" crap.
If you voted Sunday (and didn't check that you own or work in a bar) please explain to me why.
Tradtionally, Saturday is for college and Sunday is for pros. At 3 1/2 hours (includes extra time for the longer halftime), the game should be over around 10:00 PM. If that is past your bed time, you have let yourself get prematurely old.

Last edited:
Saturday is for college; Sunday is for pros. At 3 1/2 hours, the game should be over around 10:00 PM. If that is past your bed time, you have let yourself get prematurely old.
Not mine. The 10 ending time conflicts with school the next morning which kills everything. They need to leave at halftime to be up for the next day. I'm not taking a "keep kids up to all hours of the night" platform but move it to Saturday and you eliminate that.

I hate to break this to you but college football being on a Saturday ended over 2 months ago.

Reactions: catfootballfan
Hire a babysitter (who can put the kids to bed) and go out to an adults only party. Over 100 million viewers seem to figure it out every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Hire a babysitter (who can put the kids to bed) and go out to an adults only party. Over 100 million viewers seem to figure it out every year.
My son, who is German and plays amateur American football over there, also plans on watching this coming Super Bowl, along with 1.9 million other Germans.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDHoss and DSmith21
The Super Bowl, were it on Saturday, would be a hell of a party every year. So obviously it would be better to have it that day.

However, ratings only count number of households watching as opposed to people, and therefore ratings will diminish if they move it to Saturday. Therefore it will never happen.

And btw, the last thing the NFL wants is people taking off school and work on Monday.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Tradtionally, Saturday is for college and Sunday is for pros. At 3 1/2 hours (includes extra time for the longer halftime), the game should be over around 10:00 PM. If that is past your bed time, you have let yourself get prematurely old.
But it’s February. College is long over.

The Super Bowl, were it on Saturday, would be a hell of a party every year. So obviously it would be better to have it that day.

However, ratings only count number of households watching as opposed to people, and therefore ratings will diminish if they move it to Saturday. Therefore it will never happen.

And btw, the last thing the NFL wants is people taking off school and work on Monday.

Yep. But on the last part.. What do they care?

I always heard that part of the reason for having it on a Sunday is for all the media circus to get a ton of build up for it.

What they REALLY should do, is add a 2nd bye week for teams now that they added another week of games (because I'm tired of teams being decimated by injuries), which would move the season back one week, which would then cause the superbowl to land on Presidents day weekend, where many people would have Monday off.

Or, if we absolutely can't give teams a 2nd bye week, just move the whole season up one week.

With a 17 game season, we're now just one week away from a 3-day holiday weekend. It makes way too much sense to take advantage of this.

NFL is a Sunday game. I do wish it was earlier in the day though, say 4 pm

ADVERTISEMENT