ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer Negative Recruiting…?

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
I don’t recall Stoops being so overtly critical of another coach:

He’s usually very respectful and circumspect. I think the only other time it was so overt was when he got annoyed at Sattetfield after the 2019 game.

Do you thunk this is in response to negative recruiting going on behind the scenes? Marrow runs his mouth online about every day but rarely hear it from the head man.

• Wow
Reactions: JasonRDunn
There were probably things said in the Dane Key recruitment. That’s football.

Keep in mind this was at SEC media days. Stoops has beaten SC 7 out of 8 years and many writers were predicting SC to be 2nd in east. They got a lot of buzz in Birmingham and I think Stoops is tired of UK being ignored. Some media chalk up UK as a “flash in the pan.” That “flash” is now going on 5-6 very solid years with two 10 win seasons.

That's just the Youngstown coming out in Stoops, and I am glad to see it. CMS has had to endure being the punchline in the SEC from these other coaches and media pundits who are always putting down the UK FB program, HIS PROGRAM, when, in reality, CMS has built a very respectable program that DESERVES respect from other coaches and the media (including that dam Calipari), yet CMS and UK football seems to get overlooked and talked over for every new coach and every other team in the SEC.

CMS has earned respect in this conference for building the UK football team to the point that we are no longer a doormat in the SEC, and other teams better bring their big boy panties if they are playing Stoops' boys on Saturday.

I think CMS is just fed up with the BS and if the media and other coaches continue to disrespect him and his team, he is about to open up a can of Youngstown on all their rear ends. Including SEC officials who think they can still screw over UK and the coach will just lie down and take it.

Give em he!! CMS. We got your back.

Now, the Calipari flash in the pan starts to look perfectly timed (though I’m quite certain it was not planned).

Stoops’ team is picked third or fourth best in the conference, but three weeks out the football folks are pissed from the top down to the guy who scrapes bubblegum off the seats at Kroger.

Somewhere, sometime, Stoops and the Big Dog are smiling. They get to directly or indirectly rub this Cal ish in the faces of players and donors and fans for all it is worth.

Trailing at the half to Mizzou?

ARE WE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL?”

IMO Stoops said that because he was tired for yet another offseason of the Chickens getting undeserved pumping up and promotion. He's listened to.it for 10 yrs and is sick of it, it isn't a personal thing towards Beamer.

That's just the Youngstown coming out in Stoops, and I am glad to see it. CMS has had to endure being the punchline in the SEC from these other coaches and media pundits who are always putting down the UK FB program, HIS PROGRAM, when, in reality, CMS has built a very respectable program that DESERVES respect from other coaches and the media (including that dam Calipari), yet CMS and UK football seems to get overlooked and talked over for every new coach and every other team in the SEC.

CMS has earned respect in this conference for building the UK football team to the point that we are no longer a doormat in the SEC, and other teams better bring their big boy panties if they are playing Stoops' boys on Saturday.

I think CMS is just fed up with the BS and if the media and other coaches continue to disrespect him and his team, he is about to open up a can of Youngstown on all their rear ends. Including SEC officials who think they can still screw over UK and the coach will just lie down and take it.

I think Beamer is a good guy, he may negative recruit but that is a part of his job. Every coach in the SEC does it because it is a cut throat business. I don't know what kind of coach he is, I think he is kind of a good like Dabo but we will see.

I don't see the disrespect from coaches around the SEC for Stoops and what he has done. It's quite the opposite. I have no clue which big time program will be looking for a coach. Maybe Texas, but be prepared to see just how well thought of he is. 10m seems to be the price now.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
I hope everyone that plays against UK disrespects the team and its coaches. I want our guys going into every game pissed off and ready to open a bucket of whoop ass on them. That's my opinion anyways...

Maybe Texas, but be prepared to see just how well thought of he is. 10m seems to be the price now.
Do you think Texas or another program may come for him?

Iowa is my concern. Like Bear said, “when Mama calls, you have to answer the call.”

I’m hoping that Jon Sumrall hits some home runs at Troy. He would be a natural potential replacement, if we have to look at that route.

Iowa is my concern. Like Bear said, “when Mama calls, you have to answer the call.”

I think Stoops can do better than Iowa when/if he decides to leave. His national-level beef with Cal has put him in the back of the minds of boosters at the blue bloods even more than previously would be my guess.

...I don't know how much of a strain his personal life is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a job closer to Colorado to be closer to his boys. He's rich so he can fly them private in a crunch but if he can see more of them being in Oklahoma, Texas, or the West Coast it might be tempting.

Keep in mind this was at SEC media days. Stoops has beaten SC 7 out of 8 years and many writers were predicting SC to be 2nd in east. They got a lot of buzz in Birmingham and I think Stoops is tired of UK being ignored. Some media chalk up UK as a “flash in the pan.” That “flash” is now going on 5-6 very solid years with two 10 win seasons.
In SEC two decades of winning gets you respect. Do you all forget that we are a basketball school stuck in a football conference? Does anyone actually think this team will go 11-1 this year. Be honest, with the awful SEC officials does anyone actually believe this 11-1 hype?

I've seen a few reference South Carolina hype as his motivation. But they are picked 5th in the East. Behind us and Tennessee and Florida. And they were picked behind us last yeat. And the year before that.

One I think it shows Stoops feeling himself. There's a little arrogance there. That's not a we're the underdog mentality. That's just derision for someone below us. Little bit of Spurrier complimenting the punter.

Two, it shows that Kentucky fan persecution complex, again. We always have to imagine the whole world is against us and feel sorry for ourselves. Wanna be a football school? That comes with accepting expectations. Knowing that teams are gunning for us now. Wanting accolades before the season and after.

Do you think Texas or another program may come for him?

I’m hoping that Jon Sumrall hits some home runs at Troy. He would be a natural potential replacement, if we have to look at that route.

Anything I say is just speculation, but I think Sark is in trouble there. Thursday all reports were Card was the clear leader at QB because Ewers didn't know the playback. Boosters were not happy after paying big bucks for Ewers, yesterday Ewers was announced the starter for Bama. He won't last long if boosters are making the calls. They will go after a name coach and will throw a big number at whoever they target. I think Mafk Stoops, Luke Fickle, and Urban Meyer would be the top 3. No idea if any of the 3 would be interested

I think Ferentz has some plan in place for his son to ease into the Iowa job, but it is one that I think Stoops would listen to.

Just don't see Sark having enough success to keep Texas boosters happy, especially if they lose to ATM.

Reactions: The-Hack
To be fair though...SCAR fans still aren't admitting we won 5 of the last 6, or whatever it was. They still like to think they just annually kick our ass and we are an easy win. F SCAR and F beamer. They can all suck start a chainsaw.

Anything I say is just speculation, but I think Sark is in trouble there. Thursday all reports were Card was the clear leader at QB because Ewers didn't know the playback. Boosters were not happy after paying big bucks for Ewers, yesterday Ewers was announced the starter for Bama. He won't last long if boosters are making the calls. They will go after a name coach and will throw a big number at whoever they target. I think Mafk Stoops, Luke Fickle, and Urban Meyer would be the top 3. No idea if any of the 3 would be interested

I think Ferentz has some plan in place for his son to ease into the Iowa job, but it is one that I think Stoops would listen to.

Just don't see Sark having enough success to keep Texas boosters happy, especially if they lose to ATM.
Sorry Mark has a Job !!

Sorry Mark has a Job !!

True and by all accounts loves it and he is excellent at it. But with Cal's comment and the suspension of one of his top players for multiple games might be the crack a place like Texas needs to double his salary. They went after Saban when he had a job, had him too until Mack Brown decided not to voluntarily step down, Charlie had one when they hired him, so did Herman. I am not predicting he leaves for anywhere, but Texas is a place with the funds and facilities to temp anyone and are desperate. Stoops is a top level coach, and it appears 9m+ is now the going rate.

True and by all accounts loves it and he is excellent at it. But with Cal's comment and the suspension of one of his top players for multiple games might be the crack a place like Texas needs to double his salary. They went after Saban when he had a job, had him too until Mack Brown decided not to voluntarily step down, Charlie had one when they hired him, so did Herman. I am not predicting he leaves for anywhere, but Texas is a place with the funds and facilities to temp anyone and are desperate. Stoops is a top level coach, and it appears 9m+ is now the going rate.
Job security there is pretty low so it is Make big bucks for a couple of years or make pretty good bucks for the rest of his life !

He’s usually very respectful and circumspect. I think the only other time it was so overt was when he got annoyed at Sattetfield after the 2019 game.

Do you thunk this is in response to negative recruiting going on behind the scenes? Marrow runs his mouth online about every day but rarely hear it from the head man.
No question it was a shot. It's not super common for Stoops to do this but it's not isolated either. If you watch Stoops it's clear which opposing coaches he likes and which ones he doesn't. He was quite public about his dislike of the Vandy coach when he first got here. It's early in the morning so I can't quite remember his name right now but he's the current Penn State coach and it was clear Stoops didn't like him. If you watch that bowl game Stoops clearly calls him a MF on the opening drive.

He's had some open dislike for some other coaches. He didn't like the coach at GTech, Mich State and of course UL. Both of the UL coaches as a matter of fact. And he puts little effort in keeping it out of the headlines.

Job security there is pretty low so it is Make big bucks for a couple of years or make pretty good bucks for the rest of his life !

I didn't think anywhere would interest him other than Iowa because it's his Alma mater and think there is some kind of deal with his son to be the next coach. But with what Cal said and how the Crod situation is being handled could give him cause to listen. But you are right about job security.

I didn't think anywhere would interest him other than Iowa because it's his Alma mater and think there is some kind of deal with his son to be the next coach. But with what Cal said and how the Crod situation is being handled could give him cause to listen. But you are right about job security.
His son as next head coach? Are you talking about Stoops?

No question it was a shot. It's not super common for Stoops to do this but it's not isolated either. If you watch Stoops it's clear which opposing coaches he likes and which ones he doesn't. He was quite public about his dislike of the Vandy coach when he first got here. It's early in the morning so I can't quite remember his name right now but he's the current Penn State coach and it was clear Stoops didn't like him. If you watch that bowl game Stoops clearly calls him a MF on the opening drive.

He's had some open dislike for some other coaches. He didn't like the coach at GTech, Mich State and of course UL. Both of the UL coaches as a matter of fact. And he puts little effort in keeping it out of the headlines.
Good for Stoops. At least he doesn't kiss other coaches behinds and calls them good friends when they continue to beat his rear end on the floor (Rick Barnes).

CMS is a competitor. His teams mirror that on the field.

Call them all out CMS. Call them all out and then kick their rear ends on the field.

I mean, I guess some of the stuff he & the program did in the very beginning was a little goofy and didn't continue very long
He may have. It would, however, seem that Beamer’s goofy video played a role in Stoops’ comment. IDK

Maybe. If Shane Beamer is involved in negative recruiting, it hasn't accomplished much for him yet. Beamer's fortune is tied to Spencer Rattler now. Because of Rattler, expectations are high in Columbia. If South Carolina lays an egg this year, there will be much frustration in the Cock nation. (Poetry.)

Your sentence was not clear. Stoops is not headed to Iowa. If, or when, he leaves UK, it will be for a school that is rocking the NIL.

I don't think Stoops is going anywhere, but if he was considering moving on I thought the Iowa job might be the place that would listen to it being his Alma mater. But supposedly the OC and Ferentz's son is lined up to take over when Kirk retires.

Stoops doesn't publicly feudvwith any coach, ever

But

Clear who he freaking hates their guts

Bobby Petrino
James Franklin
Jeremy Pruitt

Maybe not hate, don't think he was ever a big fan of Mullin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT