ADVERTISEMENT

Shades of the late, great Bill Russell

He's no Bill Russell, but that was a very nice play!
And in regard to rebounding, he is probably the best rebounding big man the college game has seen since Shaq. He is a generational talent in regard to rebounding the ball.

And in regard to rebounding, he is probably the best rebounding big man the college game has seen since Shaq. He is a generational talent in regard to rebounding the ball.
IL all I said was shades of BR. Thats all I said, and at 6’9, with long arms and a steal like that and full court dribble with a jam it was Shades of Bill Russell.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I like The Who and I think Led Zeppelin is a tad overrated...and it's still pure crazy to say The Who is 10 times better. Just wrong on purpose.

Agree on all of that. I will add one thing though. At times it seems like he is a little too focused on that rebound stat than actually playing good defense. Defend first. Rebound second.

By “shades” I assume you mean similar to a crazy clear and bright sunny day when that small whisky cloud gives a little shaded relief for a minute or 2

Love Oscar…great play…Bill Russell is an all time great

I think all he meant was that play was similar to the famous clip of young Bill Russel.

I got it; I don't think he did imply that Oscar was as good as Bill Russel. If Russel came along today he'd hit the weight room and get stronger and develop an outside shot. He was obviously one of the best ever.

Bill Russell was a defensive GENIUS. Boston got many fast breaks as a result of shots he blocked. He retained possession after his blocks instead of swatting the ball into the stands. Sometimes he would block the ball with both hands like a pass and then start the fast break. Never has been anyone close to him as a defensive player.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Saying Oscar is anything remotely comparable to anything Bill Russell did might be the worst comparison in the history of basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT